Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#260701 by ScamInformation Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:52 am
The problem is I did accepted some parcels and sent them as according to the "job". I can only leave it in the hands of police, but until Monday feels like an eternity. Once again thank you for support
Advertisement

#260709 by HillBilly Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:20 am
xxx, have all of the emails, and other information ( phone #'s, addresses you sent packages to, if you know where they came from, many of these reshipping scams even want you to take pictures prior to resending them, every bit of information you have about the packages or the "employer"), with you when you go to the police. They will be able to see that you thought you were taking on a legitimate job.

Worrying never helped any situation. you aren't going to change anything about it, so don't worry about it. It is, what it is, nothing more and nothing less.

#260724 by vonpaso xlura Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:39 pm
Don't spam the scammer. Just stop answering, as if you were dead. If you spam his email account, he'll abandon it and create a new one, and warnings about his current email address will be worthless.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#262024 by ScamInformation Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:32 am
I received the same scam on Upwork. This is the job posting: https://www.upwork.com/jobs/Personal-As ... ec0fcb0af3

Once I contacted the member posting the job, he sent the details of the work via email. This is the message:

"My name is Peter and I just talked to you on Upwork.

I discovered the difference in the prices in UK, Germany and some European and East European countries and decided to make money on it. Some goods are much more expensive there in comparison with the UK and European online stores. I have a lot of private stores and customers interested in receiving goods from UK and Germany and I fulfill their orders regularly. But the main problem is that most of UK and especially German stores ship nationally. I have a growing demand in German goods but I am located between Switzerland and the UK and need a person to coordinate business in Germany. We are talking about electronics, clothes, baby clothes, toys, music instruments, etc. That is why, I am looking for a person who will help me processing orders and help opening a growing business in future. I, personally, can't handle all order and need assistants. Your main job will be receiving and processing packages from most known German online stores. I PAY FOR GOODS AND SHIPPING IN ADVANCE (PREPARE A SHIPPING LABEL FOR YOU) AND I COVER ALL OTHER EXPENSES. You do not have to pay fees, hidden charges, I'll only need your full name and address in order to prepare the contract for you and to know where to send the packages.

You will receive a monthly payment in the amount of 800 euros + bonuses (1-2 hours a day Monday - Friday and sometimes Saturday). Besides, you need to combine some orders to save on shipping and communicate with the couriers.

Please let me know if you are interested and I will send you the list of information I need to start as well as the details on the process itself.

Kind Regards,

Peter Jacobs

Leimenstrasse 16
4051 Basel
Switzerland"

I wrote back and told him that this is the old reshipping scam and that I didn't want to hear from him again. Then I contacted Upwork and they are looking into it at the moment.

Anyway, this is a terrible scam! Unwitting people are making themselves criminally liable by playing a part in fencing merchandise purchased with stolen credit cards.

Best regards,
HB
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Added quotation.
#262025 by Bryon Williams Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:34 am
^^^Welcome to Scamwarners,

Thank you for the update.

Can you please post the email address he used?

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#262026 by ScamInformation Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:39 am
[email protected]

This is the email of the person who posted the job on Upwork.

He calls himself Peter Jacobs and lists his address as Leimenstrasse 16, 4051 Basel, Switzerland.

I did not tell him that I was going to notify Upwork Support or that I would post about the scam here.
#264655 by ScamInformation Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:42 pm
Hello Scamwarners,

I am also a person from germany who became a victim of this sh*** . I found out about it here,
because the name of the website where I had to list the parcels I received was Angelo Maher C-Parcel....
so first of all thank you, for helping me doing the right things,
b4 this even got worse...

The fakename of the person who contacted me is Albert Jaques
and the eMail the person used to comunicate with me is [email protected].
He also used
Albert Jaques
132 Chase way,
London N145DH
as the fake adress in my case.

I also got caught @upwork.com.

So thanks again, and have a nice weekend y'all! I probably won't...
#264679 by ScamInformation Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:11 pm
Of course you get your log in-stuff from "him". Then you enter a platform where you have to list the tracking nr and the entrydate of a parcel, information what's inside, and upload a scan or a picture of the invoice. Once the info got checked they upload a shipping label for you to print and place on the parcels.

There where some i had to put up there, others not. Which means some I was allowed to open (in order to see the invoices) others not.
#264686 by vonpaso xlura Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:13 pm
Domain: angelo-maher.de
Nserver: ns1.regway.com
Nserver: ns2.regway.com
Changed: 2015-07-02T21:24:32+02:00

[Tech-C]
Type: PERSON
Name: angelo maher
Address: Electric avenue No such street in Brooklyn
PostalCode: 11223 Brooklyn
City: UNKNOWN
CountryCode: US
Phone: +1-75947654321 No such area code
Fax: +1-75947654321
Email: [email protected]
Changed: 2015-07-02T21:08:22+02:00

Could you post the email, including full headers, in which you were told to log on to angelo-maher.de? That will help us kill it.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#264852 by ScamInformation Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:31 pm
I am a victim as well. Was stupid enough to believe him. But actually, I was under the impression, that you cannot use credit card details with a wrong name. I thought online-shops would prevent that from happening.

I have shipped stuff for two weeks before I stopped it.

Until know I can count three people with the same problem (Vivi123 - MimicOctopus). Perhaps we are able to collect more and form a league, where we 1) complain to the police (Anzeige), 2) take a lawyer together and 3) contact German press.

It is a slim chance, but perhaps we can find via internet and computer magazins or whatever enough people in order to make it a big big case and a lawyer sees a chance to get some fame. That way we are perhaps less vulnerable and be able to get out of it without too much damage?

I don't know. But I'm reluctant to pay a shit load of money when I'm a victim as well.

Cheers