Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#278200 by ScamInformation Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:28 pm
Hi!!
Unfortunely the letter I've received is from a real lawyer firm in a town from someone who sold a PS4 and was scammed as well. They are trying to make me pay for it saying working as a third part in this kind of scheme is illegal in Germany.
Advertisement

#278201 by AlanJones Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:31 pm
There needs to be some clarification here - any email claiming to be from legal representatives of "Michael Ferg" (or whatever other names the fake employer uses) can safely be ignored.

However, if you receive correspondence (particularly actual letters) claiming to be from legal representatives of the people/companies that shipped the goods to you, these could be real and you should get legal advice in your own country if you receive such a letter. The sellers will try to recuperate their losses by going after the only person whose real details they have,

ETA: Helen Doe posted while I was writing, but confirms the alternative scenario of the victim sellers trying legal action against the re-shippers.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#278203 by ScamInformation Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:50 pm
Exactly as said in the post before, my letter comes from other victims, people who have shipped goods and the letter does come from a real German firm.

Edit:1. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwWAL3 ... sp=sharing

2. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwWAL3 ... sp=sharing

Would someone be able to help me translate this letter please?
#279532 by AlanJones Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:17 am
"xxxx" has recieved a letter from a real lawyer representing one of the sellers, you can see details a couple of posts up. If you have received similar, I would recommend that you take proper legal advice.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#279542 by AlanJones Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:15 pm
I don't know if you are both in the same country, whether the amounts being chased are similar and who is chasing you for payment, but personally I would say that what happens to anyone else is irrelevant to you - you have been sent a bill and if you fail to pay, the companies could chose to take legal action against you, which could end up ruining your credit history. You need to concentrate on your personal situation rather than worry about what other people are doing.

#281762 by ScamInformation Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:45 am
Hello everyone,

I have also been scammed, by exactly this. Been doing it for around 14 days and it got weirder and weirder.... until i looked up his webpage with whois and then googled the telephone number, which was posted here with different names but basically the same content.

I immediately went to the police thereafter and mailed them all info I got. Unfortunately, this seems to be a tricky case and who knows what will follow. I do not know how they can still stop all the stuff I sent :(

Here I am trying to lead a decent life and run into the arms of such a thing :cry: I feel very bad about myself

He is / they are using the name Cocojaru Dragos and [email protected]
He sent his passport and a contract and I thought that is okay. If anyone wants to contact me and console me or whatever, I am happy to hear or connect with people.

I guess I will bleed for this soon. Should I contact all the stores and try to speak for myself? Should I try sending them back to the stores? Should I find a lawyer, now better than later?

Best Wishes! Hope this goes well for you and me.... and I hope this helps
#281765 by ScamInformation Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:47 pm
I just came here to post that he (almost) got me too - same name/email/address. If you have any packages, contact the stores, explain that you want to return the items because the person who ordered them has asked you to send them abroad and you don't trust him - I did this, and they sent me a return label to my email address so I could return the items back to the store.

I've also reported him on Upwork so hopefully the job will be removed/people warned.

Good luck.
#281803 by vonpaso xlura Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:51 pm
Please post the emails sent by the scammers. That will help us kill the site.

Ignore all further contact attempts from the scammers and don't tell them why. If any more packages come, refuse them. Print out the emails and show them to the police, explaining that you are the victim of a reshipping scam.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#281857 by ScamInformation Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:57 am
Thank you for getting back to me. I moved to the Netherlands several months ago. Before that I created at small logistics business in the US. My plans are to create something like this in future, test German and other European markets and then open a company. The job is associated with order and date processing.
Please hit me at [email protected] or provide your email address if you are interested in more detailed information.

Thank you and look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Cojocaru

Thank you for getting back to me.

I discovered the difference in the prices in European countries and decided to make money on reselling and logistics services. Some goods are much more expensive there in comparison with Some European and East European countries. I have a lot of private stores and customers interested in receiving goods from Europe and especially from Germany and I fulfill their orders regularly. But the main problem is that most of local European stores ship nationally or it takes more time and finances to ship to another European country or to Eastern Europe. I have a growing demand in German goods but I am located in the Netherlands and need a person to coordinate business there. We are talking about electronics, clothes, baby clothes, toys, music instruments, etc. That is why, I am looking for a person who will help me processing orders and help opening a growing business in future. I, personally, can't handle all order and need assistants. The orders should be combined or split and it is inconvenient for me to receive everything in another country rather than the country the order are placing at. Your main job will be receiving and processing packages from most known German online stores. I PAY FOR GOODS AND SHIPPING IN ADVANCE (PREPARE A SHIPPING LABEL FOR YOU) AND I COVER ALL OTHER EXPENSES. You do not have to pay fees, hidden charges, I'll only need your full name and address in order to prepare the contract for you and to know where to send the packages. This is a test period when I am testing German market in order to open a logistics firm in the near future. I plan to have large volume of orders and a store where the orders will be waiting for their departure to the clients.

At the beginning you will receive a monthly payment in the amount of 800 EUR + bonuses (1-2 hours a day Monday - Friday and sometimes Saturday). You duties will include communication with the stores and the couriers also.

Please let me know if you are interested and I will send you the list of information I need to start as well as the details on the process itself.

Kind Regards,

Cojocaru Dragos,

Van Heenvlietlaan 266E,

1083CN Amsterdam

The Netherlands

(20) 893 2596

Thank you for getting back to me! I would love to start working with you.

Here is the description of the process: I receive an order from my customer and buy goods online paying my money for them (I use my bank account, paypal or credit card to pay for goods in advance). Then I ship the goods and receive funds after the customers have received the goods. Sometimes my interest is more than 100% on some products. Today I receive a lot of orders and can't handle all of them. I will receive orders, buy them online at German stores and they will ship them to you as my German representative. It is easier for me to have a representative in Germany. More over, some of the orders are splint by the stores or there are many items ordered by my client and I have to ship each parcel to the client and pay extra shipping because I can't combine them. I have such experience and have representatives in the US.
You will normally receive 5-10 packages a week. Most of them will be small and medium size and less than 10 kg (electronics, clothes, baby clothes, toys, concert tickets, etc). I will buy shipping labels online at DHL or UPS and send them attached to the email. I will book the courier to collect heavy items from your location for the time that best suits you. So, your job will be: printing the labels and process the packages through the local post office, hand off the heavy parcels to the courier, combine some orders and ship to my clients. Sometimes, I will give you other tasks related to this project and hope we can work together for years. For example, I work with my US representative for 4 years already and both of us are happy.

I would also like you to send the information in the following format if you are interested in the position:

First Name:
Last Name:

Date of Birth:
Address:
City:
Post Code:
Phone:
email address:

We can start once you send me the information and receive your first packages this or next week. You will be instructed on how to process the orders once you receive the packages. You will receive your payment + bonuses through PayPal or as a bank transfer each 30 days starting from the day the first order has been received. We can also sign a contract so you can feel comfortable working with me.
Regarding the bonuses... I will pay extra 20 EUR for each processed parcel and 25 EUR for heavy packages. So, the total salary for the first months will be about $1800 and will increase monthly because of more bonuses for the processed orders.

I look forward to your fast reply and hope you can be a part of my team!

Kind Regards,

Cojocaru Dragos,

Van Heenvlietlaan 266E,

1083CN Amsterdam

The Netherlands

(20) 893 2596

as you see similar to the end .... anything else?
#283192 by Jameson Patrick Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:53 am
Mod note to all victims and potential victims. Do not contact this SCAMMER. If you need help with this scam please post here or contact our support staff.

All who was contacted by Mr Cojocaru Dragos, please contact me directly. Regarding possible complains and problems.Removed (BW)
#283217 by AlanJones Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:13 pm
I would advise any scam victims not to contact the above unverified member, who is using a free email address and whose motives are unknown (but most likely fraudulent). His post has been reported to the moderators.