Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#34753 by ong Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:55 pm
Moved from "I've received a warning. Is it real?" - Michelle

Attention Applicant:

The Hotel Management has received your Message regarding your credentials you submitted to us,You have been giving a(ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY)in the Hotel.So we have considered hiring you for your services, However, as regards to your flight ticket that will be handled by us, and also other relevant documents you will need to proceed into the UK will be sent to you through a courier service,but you have to know you will Pay For your work permit and send the receipt of payment to the Hotel Barrister while processing your traveling Documents.Your Work Permit will cost you 120 Great British Pounds, so if you agree with these terms and conditions then you have to fill this brief form below and send to our Barrister. He is responsible for the preparation of your contract/invitation letter and Work Permit.His details are below the form:

Full Name:

Marital Status:

Mobile Number:

Home address:

Present Job:

Present Job Salary:

Job Granted to you by this Hotel Management:

Job Salary:9000GBP(Excluding Allowances)

THIRD MILLAN CHAMBERS UK
Name: Barrister Michael Raymond
Designation: Attorney and Solicitor
Email: [email protected]

2-24 Kensington High St
Kensington
London
W8 4PT
Employment Manager
James Peterson
Advertisement

#34755 by David Jansen Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:58 pm
Welcome here ong.

No, this is not real! First of all, there is no need for a lawyer, the only document that would be needed for an employer was a simple contract, if this was real. Further, it is you who need to get a work permit at the immigration office. And all the other documents and flight ticket and what else the scammer wants to arrange for you is only meant to make you pay him, preferably through western union. The emails that you would get from the so called barrister, are written by thesame scammer. Furthermore, if that salary of 9000GBP is per month, then it's way to high for an administrative secretery.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
#34757 by Dotti Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:15 pm
As David said, it is a definite scam.

A few other points about this one.
-The English is atrocious, considering this is supposed to be a UK hotel.
-No major company would offer anyone a job based on a resume alone, without one or more interviews. A few might be willing based on a phone interview and excellent references, but the vast majority would require a face-to-face interview before extending a job offer.
-Addresses @lawyer.com are free email addresses from mail.com. Anyone can sign up for one, and no credentials are required. They really should change it to "@fakelawyer.com" as I've never actually known a real lawyer to use these addresses. Real lawyers will have email addresses issued by their law firms.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#34912 by ong Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:08 am
[email protected] ,
this is the email i apply the the job . actually i also know is a scam cause the salary is too high .
after i apply this job they start with asking a full cv , then they given an online writing interview , then they send this aproval email and 2 others email:

1. ATTENTION:ONG DRAVEAST,

This email confirms that your email has been received.You are to make the payment of 120 Pounds for your work permit fees through western union money transfer with the following information below to ensure processing of your work permit and scan a copy of the payment receipt to us.

DETAILS OF PAYMENT FOR YOUR (WORKING PERMIT) VIA WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER:

RECEIVERS NAMES:MR MICHAEL RAYMOND
ADDRESS: 2-24 KENSINGTON HIGH STREET.
STATE : LONDON,
ZIP CODE: W1U 2BE
PHONE NO:..+447011183672

N/B:Send the 10 digits number,Text quest and answer,Senders Information for confirmation of payment once you made the payment for the preparation of your work permit.The payment has to be made within 72hours,to help in the preparation of your work permit papers and other necessary documents

2.a work permit application form
#34915 by ong Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:38 am
i donno how to post the work permit application letter that is in word format.
What i really headache now is should i continue my job search on net after i already receive so many job offer letter that is scam by using the the ' www.workpermit.com ' job search by title of '' employer willing to apply work permit'' . this work permit .com is recomended by alot of travel work guide , but stil also cant get a real job.
Really here i hoping u all can suggest me , should i continue search uk job by net , or is there really got real job for us left in uk in 2010 years or should i just stop here after 4 month of this kind searching.
other than that is it las vegas more easier to get ppl sponsor than uk ? , just give me some guide bout it .
thanks to all that really reply me seriously . thanks lo
#34920 by Dotti Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:37 am
Workpermit.com is a legitimate website. However, they are immigration advisers--what they do is help you with your visa paperwork to ensure it is complete and can be processed quickly--they are not able to issue visas. From their website:

The following types of UK visa applications can be dealt with

* Application for Further Leave to Remain on the basis of an Immigration Employment Document. This mainly covers those wishing to remain on a work permit or under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme.
* Permanent residence visa. Check your eligibility for indefinite leave to remain.
* Permanent residence visa after four years on the basis of UK ancestry.
* Marriage Visa Applications as long as you are in the UK on a visa valid longer than six months.
* Unmarried Partners UK Visa Applications
* Applications based on UK Ancestry
* Permanent residence on the basis of marriage to an UK Citizen

For work permits, they will review your qualifications, and for a fee, they will issue a certificate that says you meet the requirements for a work visa. Ultimately, if an employer wants to hire you, they will generally pay the costs of the visa, so you should be suspicious of ANY "employer" that asks you to pay fees to anyone up front.

It does not appear that workpermit.com performs any screening of "employers" posted on their site. In fact, I read three of the posted jobs - 2 nanny and a hotel-- and they are all clear fakes!

The site does post a warning, however, that is not as visible as it should be.

We would advise you to take the following precautions:

1. UKBA deals with immigration control. It is not their job to find work for migrants.

2. UKBA email addresses will normally have "gov" at the end of the email address.

3. It is normally difficult to obtain a work visa for entry to a particular Country. Before paying any money to an individual or entity for work related services ask for full details of the type of visa that you will come under.

4. Most legitimate organisations have their own domain name. For example they would not use a gmail or yahoo email address. Normally, workpermit.com emails will end with "workpermit.com".

5. workpermit.com is a private consultancy firm and does not itself issue work permits or other visas.

6. Try and avoid transferring money using Western Union or a similar service. It is difficult to know for sure exactly who will be receiving the money.

7. If in any doubt contact workpermit.com for advice.

In other words, if you are looking for advice and are willing to pay for it, this site might be worthwhile. If you are looking for jobs, steer clear of the postings on their site.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.