Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#269870 by Sosa2211 Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:01 pm
Real company, fake job.

I applied for this administration/data entry position on snagajob.com for AIA Group Limited.

Received this email:
"R
Robert Lamer
[email protected]
Hide details

To:

(My email)@gmail.com
Date:
September 29, 2015, 12:46 PM
Hello,

Thanks for your application to [snagajobs]. We were impressed by your background and would like to invite you to brief and interview you. You need to make contact with our hiring manager. You are required to setup a yahoo mail account(mail.yahoo.com) and a yahoo instant messenger (http://messenger.yahoo.com) or Gmail account (http://www.gmail.com).then download the app from you app store i.e for smart phone and for PC you can download one from the gmail webpage http://www.google.com/hangouts to download the app.The hiring manager will let you know more about the Administrative / Data Entry position, answer your questions and brief you more about the Opening Position we have available for you applicants to Occupy .

To Contact our hiring manager
Name: Mrs Jenny Walker
G-mail ([email protected])
Yahoo ([email protected])
Phone Call/SMS ((407) 917-0887)

Looking forward to meeting you,"

Added Google hangout and I emailed Mrs. Jenny right away.

She messaged and interviewed me through chat. I thought a video interview would've been a better option of getting to know the applicants better.

All quotes from Jenny Green Walker:
"This is strictly an online and work from home Data Entry job the working hours are flexible and you can chose to work from anywhere of your choice,the pay is $25 per hour training is $20 per hour and will be get payment bi weekly via direct deposit or paycheck working 30 to 40 hours weekly full time 20 to 25 hours weekly part time. You will be working as a full time employee.

Benefits for eligible employees include: Health, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, Employee Wellness and 401k plans.Annual performance review for salary increase"

"The name of our Company is AIA Group Ltd. we hold ourselves to the highest standards of integrity and ethics in everything we do. In doing so, we protect the trust placed in us by our customers and maintain and enhance the foundation of our long-term sustainability and success.

Our Code of Conduct provides clear guidance on how to conduct business at all times and applies to all AIA officers and employees. Our business partners, including agents, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, distribution partners, and others who act on behalf of AIA are required to apply the same standards and follow the same responsible practices as our employees.

We’ve used what we’ve learned to help millions of people as they’ve gone through struggles, and we’ve been there cheering them on through their biggest successes as well.For more information about AIA Group Ltd Kindly log on to http://www.aia.com. Our Headquarter is located in Hong Kong and this New branch hiring you is located in Tampa Florida . We are also looking forward to expand nationwide here in United State ."

"Job Duties & Responsibilites :

1. Call Clients/ Customers on Phone
2. Transcribe, review, and interpret all lease data before entry into the database.
3. Ensure all data is accurately and quickly entered.
4. Review all documents that come in for accuracy (this makes the data entry people's jobs easier).
5. Update and correct any and all inaccuracies in the database.

The Supervisor, who would be attached to you online, He/She would assign logs of duty daily and you would be required to work according to instructions, using the Microsoft Office tools and the Accounting software. Now the function of the Accounting software is to arrange, formalize and manage the data you have processed, sent to your supervisor via E-mail."

"Before you start work you will receive a payment you will be using this payment to set up your mini office by purchasing accounting software plus the shipping logistics,cos we will be sending you some equipment you will be needing to start work with,immediately you get this payment you start work

The Head Dept of the company will issue you check to enable you purchase all the softwares & Office equipments you need to start work with."

I asked, Why do you guys need a data entry from CA if you're located in Florida?

"Yeah like i told you before we are trying to expand our company . And this is an online job from home . If you check out the website there isn't any post of we having a branch in FL . That's because we are still working on that . As soon as the population of people we have in CA is much we will have to open a new Branch there as well . We are also planning on opening a branch here as well"

I looked up the company history, their U.S. Branch is AIG.

"When you receive the check, Head to your bank or ATM machine and have it deposited into your account, funds will be posted and made available later in the evening or in the morning. Also ask the teller about the availability of funds for confirmation and email me with a scanned/ screen shot of the deposit confirmation receipt with your account number hidden for record purposes."

"When the fund is available for you to make purchase for the working materials. You are going to make the payment from the private vendor which is approved and recommended by the company . I will give you the instructions on how to make the payment from the vendor when the fund is available and i get the instructions of how to make the payment on my desk . We have our reasons for this because the software and office equipment are specified by the company . The vendor need to install the software programs to the laptop before mailing them out to you .We won't appreciate difficulties from you in future we insist this will help both you and the company to enable you start your training ASAP when you receive the working materials"

I received a check for $2600 from Apple Federal Credit Union. The address of the bank is located in Fairfax, VA. I looked up the bank and called customer support to verified if the check is real because I don't want to be responsible for depositing a fake check into my account. The kind customer support lady told me that they've been getting fake checks, if the check number starts with 772 then it's fake. And of course it starts with 772. I quickly message Jenny to tell her I've received the check. She wanted to know how soon I can deposit it. I told her, "I've decided not to go through with it. And I won't be cashing this fake check. You've just wasted both our time." No response from her.

What really didn't make sense was, she said they're in Florida, the FedEx tracking where the check was coming from is NY, address on the package says MN, checks address is VA. Just all over the U.S. Also, her English is not professional and she said she's with a big company yet her email acct is not with AIA.com
Advertisement

#269875 by Bryon Williams Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:23 pm
The check was printed and mailed by a victim who thinks they have an online job.

The Fedex label was hacked by the scammer. The owner of that mail account does not know it was hacked.

Take the package and check to Fedex. Print out your emails and show them to Fedex. You can get that mail account flagged and closed.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#269895 by vonpaso xlura Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:08 pm
Jenny is a character played by a West African scammer, as her English shows. The phone number is in Orlando, not Tampa. No company hires after only a Yahoo Messenger interview.

As to the Fedex label, I second Bryon's advice.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#271286 by Tim Atem Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:29 am
Is it the same people you are in contact with?

How far into the scam are you, have you deposited any checks or wired any money? Please post some of the communication with them (with your personal information removed).

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#304877 by Mya82 Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:33 pm
I'm currently in contact with a Mr Andrew Weller. Who just sent a fed ex tracking number for the AIA GROUP LTD. He said it is suppose to be used for equipment and will start shortly afterwards. I wanted to know is this a scam. I do not want to be held accountable for anything illegal
#304885 by AlanJones Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:51 pm
It's a scam.

When FedEx try to deliver the package, refuse it and inform them that you have discovered that it contains a fake check.

Please post the email address and emails that the scammer sent you as other victims may be searching for them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#305455 by Mya82 Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:09 pm
Scam Alert

From Mr. Andrew Welmer
I am Mr Andrew, I am here to brief and give you more Information about the opening Data Entry/Administrative Clerk.. This is strictly an online and work from home Data Entry job the working hours are flexible and you can chose to work from anywhere of your choice,the pay is $35 per hour training is $25 per hour and will be get payment bi weekly via direct deposit or paycheck working 30 to 40 hours weekly full time 20 to 25 hours weekly part time. You will be working as a full time employee. Benefits for eligible employees include: Health, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, Employee Wellness and 401k plans.Annual performance review for salary increase. The name of our Company is AIA Group Ltd. we hold ourselves to the highest standards of integrity and ethics in everything we do. In doing so, we protect the trust placed in us by our customers and maintain and enhance the foundation of our long-term sustainability and success.

Our Code of Conduct provides clear guidance on how to conduct business at all times and applies to all AIA officers and employees. Our business partners, including agents, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, distribution partners, and others who act on behalf of AIA are required to apply the same standards and follow the same responsible practices as our employees.

We’ve used what we’ve learned to help millions of people as they’ve gone through struggles, and we’ve been there cheering them on through their biggest successes as well.For more information about AIA Group Ltd Kindly log on to www.aia.com. Our Headquarter is located in Hong Kong and this New branch hiring you is located in Tampa Florida . We are also looking forward to expand nationwide here in United State..

let me know when you are done.. Job Duties & Responsibilites :

1. Call Clients/ Customers on Phone
2. Transcribe, review, and interpret all lease data before entry into the database.
3. Ensure all data is accurately and quickly entered.
4. Review all documents that come in for accuracy (this makes the data entry people's jobs easier).
5. Update and correct any and all inaccuracies in the database.

Can you handle all this? The Supervisor, who would be attached to you online, He/She would assign logs of duty daily and you would be required to work according to instructions, using the Microsoft Office tools and the Accounting software. Now the function of the Accounting software is to arrange, formalize and manage the data you have processed, sent to your supervisor via E-mail. You will undergo a one week training from your training supervisor,he will training you on how to work with the programs accurate and other Data entry works you will need to get done.Your training is going to be done online through your Pc and Phone

You will receive your pay via Direct deposit or Paycheck bi weekly. Before you start work you will receive a payment you will be using this payment to set up your mini office by purchasing accounting software plus the shipping logistics,cos we will be sending you some equipment you will be needing to start work with,immediately you get this payment you start work.. The Head Dept of the company will issue you check to enable you purchase all the softwares & Office equipments you need to start work with.

List of the office equipments : New Hp or Dell Laptop
Laser Printer
Fax machine
Scanner
Copier(large)
Laminating machine w/5 Cartridges
Fellowes Micro-shred Confetti-cut paper shredder.. The check will cover all the equipment you need to start work with. It takes 24 hours for a check to clear in our employees account, How long does it take a check to clear in your bank account? I will update you on when the check will be coming to you via FedEX or USPS.

Once the check is been sent out to you via FedEX OR USPS i will provide you with the FedEX OR USPS tracking# so that you can track it online and keep your eye on it and know when the FedEX OR USPS will be @ your homeOnce you get the check you are to have it deposited into your bank account and ask your bank when the funds will be Available into your account . Once the funds is available you are to send the funds to the vendor for your accounting software's you will be working with , you are to make the payment to the vendor via western union i will be the one to provide you the vendor's information and you are to make the payment and get back to me online with the western union receipt for verification...She will shipped out your working materials within 24 hours next day delivery and as soon as the package get's to your door step you will commence with training..And training will be 5 days and it will be online...Your supervisor will be introduce to you.She will be the one to instruct you on how you will be using those software's and anything else you will need to know within that.

In the mean time I need you to send me your full name, address and cell so that my secretary can put you on registered.. Are you seeking for a full or part time position?

What do you know about the company and how do you see yourself fitting in?

How much training do you think you need to become a productive employee?

Describe how you would handle a situation if you were required to finish multiple tasks by the end of the day, and there was no conceivable way that you could finish them.

Tell me about the most difficult or frustrating individual that you've ever had to work with, and how you managed to work with that person. Tell me about the most difficult or frustrating individual that you've ever had to work with, and how you managed to work with that person

Do you have an idea of how to use MS excel?

what do you understand by privacy and code of conduct?

Do you know your typing speed? Good..I need you to hold on online because i need to forward our conversation to the Head Dept to enable them see if you are committed and good for this job.I need you to hold back online. Here is your Tracking :777143097010
You're to track via www.FedEX.com and let me know the package status.
Got it.

I was sent a check that had two different amounts typed on it. I received a second from another person trying to use a different bank. Call both credit unions with my bank advisor and verified these were scam/fraud checks.. :twisted:
#305643 by vonpaso xlura Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:16 pm
What email address was it sent from? That would help others recognize the scam.

The email was written by an African. Real companies do not ask for payment sent by Western Union.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10