Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#35173 by michelle020508 Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:53 pm
Received e-mail from : [email protected]

My name is John McKane and I am the official recruiting representative of Business Arena LTD. I've recently found your resume online and wanted to get in touch with you. We are expanding our payment processing position by interviewing applicants from a variety of different backgrounds and we believe you have the potential to be an excellent match.

We are looking for ambitious, goal-oriented individuals like you. First year earnings, advances and bonuses can range from GBP 25,000 to GBP 45,000 for new representatives, depending on your work habits, performance, and initiative. No experience is necessary. Full training (at no cost) is provided to help maximize your earning potential. If you wish to excel with accompany that has a proven record of success, then I would like to communicate with you further.

My goal is to spark your interest. In the present economy, our position offers training, support and a pay scale comparable to entry level position requiring 40 hours per week. I hope you will explore, compare, and then contact me with your questions.

Sincerely yours,

John McKane
Business Arena LTD.

I belive this is a scam as I did not post my resume anywhere and could not locate company mentioned in above e-mail. Thx
Advertisement

#35176 by Samantha Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:18 pm
Thanks for posting that. It appears to be a standard "check processing" scam in which the victim receives fake checks, cashes them, sends the money (less a small percentage as "payment") and ends up in trouble with the bank with the check bounces.
#37702 by Kol Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:12 am
My name is John McKane and I represent Business Arena Inc.

We have evaluated your CV and believe that your skills and past experience meet our basic requirements.

A few words about us: we are a large company with a good reputation which is finally expanding and looking for new representatives in the UK!

Two to three hours a day performing your duties from your home over the Internet is sufficient to meet the requirements for this position.

We provide a one month paid training period. During your training, you will receive online training and support. A personal supervisor guides your training. At the end of the training period, your personal supervisor makes the final decision regarding whether or not to extend a permanent offer of employment.
NOTE: During the training period the personnel supervisor can recommend termination.

Your salary during the training period will be GBP 1,500 per month plus 8% commission from each transaction. Total income, with the current volume of clients, will be about GBP 2,500 per month. After the training period, base salary will be GBP 1,800 per month, plus 8% commission.

If you are interested in this offer and would like to learn more about it, please send a filled form with your updated contact information to [email protected]

********************************FORM************************
Your Full name:_______________
Your Country of residence:_________________
Your Contact phone:__________________
Preferred call time:___________________
********************************FORM************************
We've found your CV at www.jobsite.co.uk. This letter confirms that your CV has been duly processed and you meet our basic requirements for the Payment Processing Agent position.

We guarantee to reply within 48 hours.

Yours faithfully,

John McKane
Business Arena Inc.

Recived this in my Inbox, While I am a Jobseeker, and my C.V is up on the site, I in no way have any skills that facilitate me to earn 1.5k+ a month.

Thanks guys.
#37726 by Samantha Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:03 pm
That is a typical employment scam, couched in terms that make it sound as it were legitimate. The real story is that you'd be cashing fake checks.... It always comes down to the same thing. I'm glad you recognized it as fake.