Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#283395 by Ademel Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:40 pm
https://blu181.mail.live.com/?tid=cmJDL ... id=flinbox

ATTENTION, YOUR CHECK IS READY‏

ATTENTION, YOUR CHECK IS READY
Douglas E. Shulman ([email protected]) Add to contacts 8:05 AM Keep this message at the top of your inbox
To: (my personal email address)
[email protected]
ATTENTION, YOUR CHECK IS READY

I'm Douglas Shulman the manager of the car wrap campaign, On behalf of myself, the advert management and all organic valley decal wrap advert team, We apologize for the delay in issuing your assignment since close to two weeks we updated you about it. This is our first assignment for the year 2016 and preparation for it took longer because we are working on getting the best wrap material that will attract all eye and stand out among others.

The good news we have now is not only that your assignment has been approved but the check for your assignment have been issued and sent out to you already, it is coming via USPS and i have the tracking number with me. This is sure way of of telling you that your first week payment of $250 for accepting and allowing us to use the space starts from this coming Monday because you will cash the check before then, In between the the first week the decal will be placed and after the first week your first monthly reward of $1000 follows. You can demand for the tracking number now to enable you monitor the shipment. I want you to reply this email immediately you receive it for me to know we are still on same page and to send to you the tracking details of your check and other related instructions.

Regards,
Mr. Douglas Shulman
Director - Campaign Program
Organic Valley Company Auto Wrap Campaign 2016.

I've emailed them once giving them my name, address and cell phone number... thinking they were real. They claim to pay people to place ads on their cars. for 1 month to 6 months they would pay me $1,400/month to advertise. I've heard this is a scam and they send bad checks.
Please let me know if this is something I should steer clear of.
Thank you!
Advertisement

#283401 by HillBilly Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:42 pm
Ademel wrote:I've emailed them once giving them my name, address and cell phone number... thinking they were real. They claim to pay people to place ads on their cars. for 1 month to 6 months they would pay me $1,400/month to advertise. I've heard this is a scam and they send bad checks.
Please let me know if this is something I should steer clear of.
Thank you!

hi and welcome to scamwarners, ademel.

yes, it is a fake check scam. they will send you a fake check, in an amount exceeding the $250 they told you about. Then ask you to wire the rest of it to someone else.

If you are in the USA, you should report this crime to the IC3 https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx , your local PD, and the USPI https://ribbs.usps.gov/locators/find-is.cfm if the fake check arrives in the USPS.

also since you gave your real ID to the scammer, please be cautious. Chances are good your scammer is not sophisticated enough to steal your ID, they only wanted your money. They can now impersonate you, though.

You should create some "Google alerts" for all of the personal information given to these scammers. Go to http://www.google.com/alerts and set up one each for “complete address" , ”bldg # street name" "Drivers license #" "SSN" "FirstName LastName" and "LastName FirstName", “email address”, and what ever other data you have given. be sure to use only one alert per quotation query.

use the quotes " " as above for each one of the alerts they set up with Google. It is not likely the ID will be compromised, but I think its better to err on the side of safe, rather than sorry in this case. If the alerts ever show results, address them at that time.

If it is a passport # then contact homeland security (USA) ( Department of State) and report it compromised to be issued a new passport #. If a different country then contact the issuing authority of that country, and be sure to report it as compromised so you can be issued a new PP #. If they do try anything stupid, you do not want it coming back to haunt you in any way.

Aside from the first few emails you might need to make your police / other law enforcement reports showing you are a victim here, not an active participant... you should stop all communications with these criminals.