Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
Advertisement

#310373 by Jhaimie Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:05 pm
Katec123 wrote:Hi Dan,

My name is Kate. I have had the exact same thing happen, with the exact same company and exact same people (Erika and Alexander) I found the job add on gumtree, in my sheer desperation to find work. I did my first order last night and I am also extremely confused. I have recently moved to Brisbane, from New Zealand, and I am terrified that it is dodgy. It all sounds to good to be true, and they didn't even want to speak with me before I started. Seems strange that they would entrust this money to someone they haven't even spoken with. When I try to get in touch with Erika, they say she is not avalible, and that she will call back, but she never does. To peachy to be true, I called the ATO and they said they feel it's dodgy. What happened in your situation Dan?? Did you ever get to the bottom of it or find out any more info, could really use any other info you have.

Cheers,

Kate. :)

Hi kate,

I have the same situation like yours, and i already processed 2 orders which made me worried. I dont know if i should report it to the police cuz they might use my personal details . What did you do? Pls reply i really need advice. did you left derby already?

Thanks!
#310374 by Jhaimie Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:12 pm
Katec123 wrote:Hi All,

So, in regards to this scam, here is what happened to me since my last post. I knew something wasn't right with it, when you put two and two together, it was all wrong. So I went to the police, and they told me to go to my bank (Commonwealth) and talk to them about it. So I went there, and turns out that apparently the money had been stolen, and they were trying to use me as a money mule to hide their tracks to ensure they don't get caught so they can send the stolen money overseas. Please PLEASE don't engage with these people, don't reply to them, and for goodness sake, go to your bank, they will take away the money (and the commission) and send it back to the rightful owners of it. I was lucky because I hadn't spend any of the commission, because it could have been potentially bad if I had. They can persecute you as a money mule, because they see it as playing your part in the crime (whether or not you are aware your even doing it) I didn't get in any trouble because as soon as I knew it was weird I went to the bank, you won't get in trouble if you do the same but I can't stress enough to go to the bank about it if your already involved and have transferred money. They also closed my account and started me up a new one, because the scammers can take money out of your account (amongst other charming things such as identity theft ect) So it IS a scam, and do NOT get involved with them for your own sake!! Hope that helps guys, might save you some stress at least.

PS: when I emailed Erika and told her I knew it was a scam, she quickly became aggressive, and started telling me she was embarrassed of me, and started throwing contradictory facts around, EG. Derby foods is registered with the ATO but saves 75% in tax because of doing it this way. Yeah right -what a load of sh*t! -BEWARE people!!
Cheers,

Kate

Hi kate,

Did you paid your bank for the money you transfered to Georgia? Which came in to ur atm?Cuz the worst is, i already transfered the money thru money gram .
#310376 by Bryon Williams Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:19 pm
Hello,

You need to contact your bank and tell them you are a victim of a scam. Show them the emails you received. Do the same with your local police.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#310390 by Jhaimie Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:22 pm
Hi byron,

Thanks for your reply, i already did that, the bank just stopped my account and they will give me a new number. But how about the money that i sent? What happened to the money that you've sent?
#310395 by Bryon Williams Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:41 pm
If the scammer deposited stolen money into your bank account. Most likely your bank will take any money withdrawn from it. Basically, your bank will take money from you if it is available. If it is not available your bank will give you a negative balance. They may even send you to collections, close your account, report you to other banks and Law Enforcement.

The latter is the worse. This is why you have to be pro-active and report it to Law Enforcement as a victim. Show them the emails.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#310397 by Jhaimie Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:58 pm
I am not sure if it is a stolen money. But they ask me to deposit it thru money gram. I already told the bank that i need to block my atm cuz i think i was scammed. And they said that they will just stop or freeze the account and then they will give me a new card.
#310423 by vonpaso xlura Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:22 am
It is stolen money. That is certain. The reason the scammer told you to use MoneyGram is that he can hide behind a fake name. Legitimate companies do not ask for payment by MoneyGram.

Talk with the fraud department of your bank. Do not withdraw any money for any reason whatsoever until the fraudulent money is sent back where it came from. Also talk with the police. Show both of them all the emails.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#310468 by Jhaimie Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:11 pm
Noted to that. I will go back to the bank today because i have closed the account yesterday and yet the scammer was able to send me money i dont know how it happened. But I didn't withdraw the money. I will compromise to the bank on what's the best thing to do. Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate.
#310543 by HannahsDad Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:13 am
Derby at http://derby-inc.com

See viewtopic.php?f=34&t=115224 and viewtopic.php?f=34&t=98081

Welcome to Derby
Derby has the largest, most innovative portfolio of Taste & Nutrition Systems and Functional Ingredients & Actives for the global food, beverage and pharmaceutical markets.

Our unique, integrated approach to customer-specific innovation and product solutions is driven by our technology, market application, culinary and sensory expertise. By leveraging our cross-category experience, we help you grow your business. From beverages to desserts and everything in between, Derby can help you develop products that are preferred by consumers in your region and around the world.

We invite you to learn more about Derby – our products, our people and the markets we serve.

Regional Distribution Centers

6A Cellana Court Portland VIC 3305 Australia

211 / LOT 1 Lake Rd Port Macquarie NSW 2444 Australia

Headquarters
Derby Group UK
160 Charlotte Rd Sheffield, South Yorkshire S2 4EP United Kingdom

Derby Group Russia
Diamond Hall Business Centre Olimpiyskiy ave. 14 Moscow 129090 Russia

Created anonymously16th September 2016 for 1 year only