Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#4668 by ScamIam Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:20 am
I recieved an email regarding an Employment Opportunity for a Sales Representative position. Company: Grow Equity First Contact: Jonathan Webster - Branch Manager. This looks real suspicious. Any information? Scam? I have Ph. # (Phoenix,AZ / 480 area code and gmail address).

HELP ME!
Advertisement

#4669 by Ralph Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:51 am
If you have your suspicions you are best to leave it alone.

With the information you provided I was able to find This which isn't telling me a whole lot just yet.

Email address and phone numbers will normally do the trick and if you can one of the emails.

Based on what you have provided I cant be sure but if you were contacted out of the blue with a job offer by email then yes, it will be a scam.

Another indicator will be;
If you are to recieve and cash cheques or money orders for a commission

The gmail address looks a little dodgy as well but doesn't provide conclusive proof.

If you could give us a little more to go on then I am sure we will find something
#4716 by ScamIam Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:54 pm
"Grow Equity First"
(480) 200-0247 / [email protected]

Claim:
"5 figure monthly income in addition to general business income"
(yea, and $1 mil. will be on my door tomorrow?)

I am not going to call these jokers! If I did, they will have my phone number. Just to let every one here know. They are "fishing" resumes from the leading job search websites.

:roll:

HELP ME!

#4720 by Holly Brown Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:10 pm
It's amazing how many job offers I've gotten since listing my resume on major job sites. I also signed up on one website for providing virtual assistant services. I have yet to have a valid VA offer, but every time I open the inbox connected to the site, there are anywhere from 7 to 17 bogus job offers in the Junk pile.

#4721 by benjamin Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:13 pm
There's still not much info out there, but I would be reluctant to trust any get rich quick schemes. Unfortunately, job sites, no matter how well run they are, are a haven for scammers and spammers.

#4722 by Crispy Duck Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:18 pm
That phone number (480) 200-0247 is:

Information on phone number range +1 480 200XXXX

Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location Phoenix, AZ
Original network provider* Sprint Spectrum L.p.

Also he is using a gmail address - legitimate business people have offices with receptionists (& telephones!) plus, generally speaking, their own Company email address!

Well done for noticing it as suspicious - because it is 'dubious', at best!

#4814 by Ralph Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:12 am
Edited below to clarify and add further information

I have recieved a PM from the company this post refers to who has politely asked me to review the information here as he has suggested it is not a scam.

For the moment all I can suggest is to refer to my earlier post that includes this advice

Based on what you have provided I cant be sure but if you were contacted out of the blue with a job offer by email then yes, it will be a scam.

Another indicator will be;
If you are to recieve and cash cheques or money orders for a commission

The company representative this refers to has advised that the OP actually responded to an add for a job and was not contacted out of the blue, and that the position applied for was for a sales person.

The add referenced is this one which is dating very recently

United First Financial is an innovative company that helps American homeowners reach their financial goals.

The United First Financial Sales Opportunity has become so successful that the team is busy rolling out educational seminars across the country and helping thousands of American homeowners get on the fast track to financial freedom by reducing the interest obligation of their mortgages.

To learn more about our product: www.arcaromortgage.com

The demand for the Money Merge Account Program is exploding, and the company continues to bring on board the smartest and most talented independent sales agents in the country to help homeowners reach their dreams.

If you are a Sales Professional, Manager, Real Estate, Insurance Agent or Mortgage Broker, We would love to talk to you!!

A UNIQUE SOLUTION AND SERVICE

Introducing the Money Merge Account Program - a one-of-a-kind, powerful tool to help people fulfill their dreams of home ownership, reduce debt, and save money for the future. Qualified homeowners will potentially pay their mortgage off in as little as 1/3 to 1/2 the time-with little to no change in their day-to-day spending habits

We introduce a way to break the cycle of financial drain-the Money Merge Account Program. Developed by a team of financial expert s w ith years of experience in the mortgage industry, the Money Merge Account Program helps to rapidly reduce the principal of your mortgage, thereby dramatically decreasing the total interest.

The Money Merge Account Program is not a bi-weekly payment or debt roll-down system. It's an entirely new approach that gives homeowners flexibility with their mortgage.

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM?

Requirements:

Sales experience is helpful, but not required.
Mortgage, Real Estate, or Insurance sales experience is preferred, but not required, we will train the right person.
A professional "can-do" attitude.
Effective Sales presentation skills
Strong closing skills
We Offer:

Comprehensive training and support.
Full or part-time opportunity
Unlimited growth opportunity-Rapid Advancement to management.
Outstanding marketing and presentation materials.
Qualified lead support
If you have the desire to work with one of the fastest growing direct sales companies, then we want to hear from you! This is your chance to own and operate your own business as an independent agent for United First Financial, one of the most dynamic direct selling opportunities available today!

To speak with a United First Manager, call or send your resume to:

Jon Webster (480) 200-0247

I can give no guarantees as to the authenticity of any company however, any company where you are not cashing checks, if you can speak and meet a real person and if they actually do send you on a training course, then the chances of you being scammed are minimal.

After further discussion and consideration, the company refered to is promoting a financial product that is somewhat controversial in some quarters, it does not appear to be a scam that we would ordinarily deal with but it has created some debate from those with an opinion on the product being promoted, some positive and some negative

I must point out that I know virtually nothing of the financial laws in the United states and I am certainly no financial advisor but I would suggest that any prospective employee or customer should do their homework on the products provided by this company prior to making any commitment or paying any money.

There are some seemingly balanced arguements to be found if you care to look for them.

If I were contemplating a job with this company I would be asking a few questions;
Do I need to pay any money prior to being employed
Do I need to cash checks or money orders as part of the job description
How will my salary be determined, and in particular do I only earn money from commissions or is there a salary paid regardless of commisions.
#4859 by ScamIam Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:49 am
Thanks for taking time to look into this! May not be a "scam", but not a
real - legitimate job. The fact that these people state they have "Financial Experts" handling things, and "hire" people with little or no experience or
training in this industry leads to suspicion. What is needed is a website for
"Bogus Employment" that is not always a scam or rip-off.

HELP ME!

#4872 by Holly Brown Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:30 pm
^^^ If there were, I could supply half a dozen emails a day that I receive because I once stupidly signed up on a "work from home" site. Sadly, I can't remember what the site was called. :( Fortunately, most of the garbage lands in my "junk" folder, and the rest get labelled junk without opening.