Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#294636 by Sunshinesmiles62 Thu May 12, 2016 9:44 pm
I was contacted via an ad I had placed on Craigslist, looking for work to do from home, I got an offer to become a payroll clerk, working from home through this company ABM Industries http://investor.abm.com/contactus.cfm, turns out this company is a consulting firm, that knew nothing of this, once I called and confirmed, after I had already worked for about a month without no pay, to the tune of over $1500.00, The woman who gave me the position claimed to be this VP of this company, she was pretending to be a lady by the name of Angelique Carbo, her supervisor recently contacted me as well, apologizing to me for not receiving payment, making some excuse as to they were robbed by their accountant, if you receive emails from the following [email protected], and Angelique Carbo [email protected] and Michael O"leary Assistant Mgr, Florida Branch at [email protected], these are both frauds, they are using alias names and are frauding people, somehow they send cashier checks to certain people every week via people like me, I process the checks, place them in USPS envelopes, she sends me the labels and pdf checks and I mail them out, I was totally taken advantage of, I recently lost my job of over 5yrs, I had two major surgeries, I lost my vehicle and had no means of getting back and forth to a regular job, I feel completely stupid why aren't these scams being shut down and people being arrested. With all the technology today, its not that hard to track down a [hone and Ip address
Advertisement

#294637 by Terminator5 Thu May 12, 2016 9:47 pm
This is a Money Mule Scam . You need to report this immediately on the IC3 website .

You are a victim of an employment scam known as a Money Mule Scam . You have been the Mule sending out the counterfeit checks . That is why you need to be proactive here and report it right away .

Thanks for posting here . Your post will help warn other potential victims of this scam .

Daniel 8 :25
#294669 by Terminator5 Fri May 13, 2016 2:07 am
https://www.everycaller.com/phone-numbe ... -964-4467/

Call From:

(347) 964-4467

Caller:

Angelique Carbo

Frustrated Job Hunter
Aug 5, 2015 08:05 AM

WHEW!!! thank God I found this site. I'm looking for employment and I too posted my resume on Craigslist and got a text message from this same person, Angelique Carbo. I'm so frustrated and sick of these fake folks when people really need legit jobs.

Caller:
Angelique Carbo

Phone Number Complaint Loading Icon

Rosie

Rosie

I received a text message from this number regarding my resume posted on craigslist. Introduced her/his self as Angelique Carbo the HR manager over at ABM Industries Company. Conducted an online interview vie yahoo messanger: [email protected] once we completed the interview I was advised i scored an 85% and I had the job, however, i was asked to forward all my personal information, full name, address etc., I did not do as asked instead I contacted ABM directly so that can verify Mrs. Carbo before hand. I have not received a response from ABM Industries. I am unsure of this and do not trust it. I was contacted once again today 1/29/15 and asked to go to yahoo immediately. I began to ask questions and I asked if someone from ABM Industries could call me instead and provide verification.

Caller:
Angelique Carbo

Phone Number Complaint Loading Icon

Angel2u1020

I just received the same. I received an email asking to go on yahoo messenger and add Angelique Carbo. I went through the same drill as above. I searched on LinkedIn and I happen to have numerous connections with ABM Industries, Angelique Carbo is not one of them, and she has no picture either. Google and all other searches have a pic, and bio's etc. Sounds like a scam. I asked her if she works in the NYC office and she said Florida. She is on tons of HR Sites, Etc. and lots of stuff on google search. I will wait to see if I receive an email and then reach out to my connections for verification. I specifically asked WHAT OFFICE would I specifically work from, as I continued to probe for information as there are so many frauds and scammers. I indicated I DO NOT WANT A WORK FROM HOME. She said training is 2 weeks online, will send check for software to utilize, etc. Had this happen so many times I cannot express my anger. Ridiculous. I am reaching out to my connections today. Unfortunately she did not have a phone number, I found this site via google. I use 1-800-NOTES, so glad I was able to retrieve a phone number. Thank you!

#351030 by MissMaryPatricia Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:39 pm
Thank you for your warning! I was interviewing for a Data Entry work from home job through UpWork and had finished the interview when they wanted to deposit money into my account via mobile upload to pay for software and computer equipment i would need to purchase. I then got a bit suspicious when he asked me my deposit limit and looked online to see if any scam reports were issued. Below is our conversation in case it helps anyone else in the future.

[email protected]
Active 34m ago

Afternoon Robert, I was wondering if you are still conducting Job Briefings an interviews for your Data Entry opening?
[email protected] ([email protected])
You are welcome
Are you here and ready for your briefing and interview session now?
Yes
I am Mr Roberto Sarrio and this ABM Industries Incorporated Company while we are about to start with
the interview i would like you to quickly have a look at our company
website and let me know when you are done while we proceed further
https://www.abm.com
Are you done?
I have briefly reviewed ABM Industries website.
This is strictly an online and work from home job and you can as well work from anywhere of your choice or anytime that does suit you.You can choose to work during Morning, Afternoon and even during evening...The payrate is $24.75 per hour training is $15 per hour and will be getting payment bi- weekly via check or direct deposit. let me know if you are interested so we can proceed.
Yes, I am interested.
In joining us, you would become part of a multi-cultural team in an international business spanning research through to commercial. You would also be part of a growing organization which offers the opportunity to work across functions, amongst different cultures and business styles: some of our greatest -successes have come out of the collaborations and relationships that we have been able to build.

You will get to know about the company and what the responsibilities entail as we proceed.Can we proceed now ?
Yes
You are to have the Following Questions answered and you have to be very brief attempting your questions okay
okay
What are your Full names,Age, Sex and where are you located at ?

How long have you been seeking for a new job ?

Are you available to start immediately?
(was my name), 35, F, Eugene Oregon USA
3 days
yes
Why do you want this job?

Are you seeking for part time or full time job?

*******Have you worked as an Data Entry, Clerical Admin, Administrative Assistant, Customer Service, Accounting, payroll Clerk, Book keeping before ?
I have been looking for an opportunity to work from home.
I would like a full time position, however would be open for a part time one as well.
Yes, I have worked for Clerical, Admin, Customer Service and Book Keeping.
Do you have a printer, scanner, fax machine and a copier?

How much training do you think you need to become a productive employee?

Do you have a minimum 30 wpm typing speed?
I have a printer, ability to scan/fax/copy via ipad. If offered a position i would be fine with getting a combo machine for home.
How would you like to be paid if been offered this position. Via Direct Deposit or check, what means of payment would you prefer weekly or Bi weekly and What Bank Do you Operate with to see if it tallies with the company's official salary payment account ?
I will need a job description before i can answer how much training I would need.
I type 65 wpm with 97% accuracy.
Direct Deposit, Bi weekly, Key Bank or Pay Pal
Primary duties:Your Primary duties include: Preparation of Balance sheets (Mini), Data balancing, invoicing recording,proper data analysis of sales records and recording pay slips into database all these will be done through the use of the Data Entry Software.

Secondary duties:Now, your secondary daily duties would be to report to your Supervisor, who would be attached to you online, He/She would assign logs of duty daily and you would be required to work according to instructions, using the Microsoft Office tools and the Data Etry software. Now the function of the Data Etry software is to arrange, formalize and manage the data you have processed, sent to your supervisor via E-mail.

Can you handle these effectively if been trained towards it ?
Yes, I am confident I could effectively handle these duties.
*******Job Duties

*******Data processors spend the majority of their day inputting various company data into computers. This data can originate on paper forms, such as invoices, or it could be electronic, such as email. The data processor first checks the data contained in the form to make sure it's complete and that required information isn't missing. She then enters this data into a system. This can take the form of a text document such as Microsoft Word, a database system like Microsoft Access, an online web management system such as Salesforce, or propriety software specifically written for the organization
Still confident.
As for your duties, i will assist you with any difficulties by email..You can as well work for the whole day and you are %100 assured of getting paid for it..Working hrs are flexible.All activities and corresponding time are to be recorded in excel spreadsheet. You will Earn $24.75 per hour, You will receive your pay via Direct Deposit via Bi-weekly Okay
Okay
BENEFITS:ABM Industries Incorporated benefits for eligible worker include: Health, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, Employee Wellness and 401k plans.Paid Time Off and Holidays with Generous Company Discounts.That counts after working 90days with the Company Okay
Okay, thank you, I read that on your company page.
You will need some software and also a time tracker to commence your training and orientation and also you need the software to get started with work. The work of the time tracker is to calculate your hours worked since this is an online work from home.
The funds for the software/mini office will be provided for you by the company via check.The check you will use to make purchase for the equipment from the company
certified Vendor and All equipment will be labeled on them with the company name,they will have you connected to the company database Understood?
understood
You will be undergoing a 1 weeks training and orientation which will commence as soon as you have all working materials and you are rest assured that you will be paid
for it.You will be getting your paper work a HR document during your orientation and training from your supervisor,you are to fill,sign and send back to us okay?
okay
The check would be issued out to you today, As soon as the accounting department sends the check to you via email, as soon as you have it you are to have it printed out from your email ,sign at the back check and make use of your bank mobile APP on your phone to make the deposit,is that clear?
clear
I believe you have access to Mobile deposit?
I have access, I will need to activate it on my cellular device.
Alright perfect, Can you kindly activities it now and let me know once done.
No, my phone is dead from listening to an Audio Book, I will plug it in to charge for 10 min and then I will be able to activate my mobile deposit.
If that is too long, alternatively we could use Pay Pal.
Alright perfect, Let me know once is been activated, The company can make payment to paypal account okay
[email protected] for Pay Pal
Paypal not accepted like i told you before
Can you try and activate your key bank mobile deposit and let me know once done.
I'm sorry. Your previous message said "The company can make payment to paypal account okay" I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I am charging the phone now.
Alright i made a mistake i wanted to say cant*
How much is your daily limit of your mobile deposit?
??
As soon as my phone has 10% charge I will log on and see what my limit is. I usually drive through and deposit via ATM. Since it was right next to my work. I have not made use of the mobile deposit app since it came on the market.
What time tracker, software, and mini office will i need to be purchasing?
The check is an E-check that has to be deposited via your mobile deposit app only not via atm
Below are the list of materials and softwares needed for this position since you'd be working from home: 4 in one (fax, scanner,copier and printer), Zebra ZM400 Bar-code printer and cards, 4 drawer cabinet and office desk,HP Pavilion HDX18-1180US 18.4-Inch Laptop (2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000 Processor, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB Hard Drive, Blu-ray Drive, Vista Premium), myob business essentials software 2005,For Peach Tree premium 2010 US Patent Single Users Pack, simply accounting 2009,Adobe Photoshop 52011.
I will be providing you with more instructions on how to deposit the check via your mobile deposit app okay?
I will talk to you in an hour, I need to ahead to meeting now.
Ok, phone is charged. Making the arrangements via my bank.
Before I deposit any funds into my account I will need the name and phone number of your supervisor so that I can verify that you work for ABM Industries. They do not have you personally on file. I have their customer support HR department on the phone.
Sorry to be such a worry wart, but when it comes to the internet you cant be too careful. Especially since ABM industries has been red flagged for a scam alert.
https://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&p=294637
Ok, I have reported you to Upwork, and filed a report with ABM HR department. I have also added to the scam board.
8 mins
#351034 by Terminator5 Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:43 pm
Thanks for posting this additional information on this Money Mule Scam . Your post will help warn other potential victims .