Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#299429 by Stormfyst Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:48 am
Beware!

If I wouldn't have done my research, I would be a victim of this scam. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

I was contacted from a "Steve Martins" allegedly from CapitalBio Inc., which is a legitimate company, that has headquarters in China, and a temporary office in San Diego, California. I'm located in Oklahoma, and they pulled my resume, for a police officer, off of okjobmatch.com.

Now, much like others, I was contacted for an online "job interview" through Google Hangouts. After the process, of course I was "hired". I'm not going to post the entire messages, but I'm going to post the most used language that I have seen on other listings on these forums.

Most notably, if they ask you to do something you are actually not qualified for, or they tell you they are sending you a paper check for the software and point you to a "vendor" to buy said software, please do NOT cash that check and buy the software. You will be responsible for those funds when they pull them back out of your account. If you have any questions, post here or even contact me at Removed (BW). Here are parts of the conversation from "Steve Martins".

I want you to send your full name, address, sex and phone number to my email address ([email protected]) so an employee profile can be generated for you, and also for your employment letter to be drafted

You will be emailed your Employment Offer Letter and a HR document during your orientation and training,you are required to read, fill, sign and send back to us our copy Employment Offer Letter as soon as you are done...Okay

You will need some Data entry/Accounting software and also a time tracker to commence your training and orientation and also you need the software to get started with work...the work of the time tracker is to calculate your hours worked since this is an online work from home

Here are the name's of the software's you will need to start working with are,Sage Simply Accounting Software, Peachtree Complete, AccountEdge Accounting Software for Windows,AccountEdge Accounting Software for Mac, Sage 50 Premium Accounting 2013 (formerly Simply Accounting), Business2Go software, Bookkeeper software, The General Ledger 9.5, Bottom Line Accounting software, Balance Sheet Basics software
The company will be providing you with ,an Hp laptop with a fast internet connection and your W4,i-9 form will be coming along with the working materials you need to start working with

The funds for the software/working materials and first payment will be provided for you by the company via check, make sure you use them as instructed for the software and i will refer you to the vendor you are to purchase them from okay
As soon as the check for your materials has been issued out to you i will notify you and provide you with the tracking number so you can keep track of it and know when it gets to you okay?
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed Op email address.
Advertisement

#299442 by vonpaso xlura Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:49 pm
Thanks for posting! This is indeed a scam as you have described; it was written by an African.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#313243 by AGermany Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:58 pm
Trust your intuition. I knew this was a scam. You just listen, and the clues pop out at you. Why would a company interview by chat? I was really certain of the scheme when she asked for my bank name- I gave her a fake. I'm going to post up the convo, and email the real company about it. Hopefully no one really falls for it. :|
#313244 by Terminator5 Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:27 pm
Google Hangouts Interview for employment is always a scam .

Daniel 8 :25
#313319 by AGermany Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:41 pm
Update. Just received the fake check from the scammer for $6,950.00. It has a "Wells Fargo" logo on it, and the ink is leaking through the check. I alerted Wells Fargo. I'm also scamming the scammer by acting like I will cash the check :twisted:

xxxxx
#313328 by Terminator5 Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:30 pm
That is probably another victim who was "hired" by these guys .

Thanks for posting.

#313360 by vonpaso xlura Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:16 am
Do not scam the scammer. Go silent. Do not respond to any attempt by the scammer to contact you. Don't give him any clue that you know it's a scam.

The scammer has your address. Making him angry could result in harm to you.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#313374 by Terminator5 Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:05 am
As VX advised . Do not play with these guys if they have your real life details . Vanish . If you lost any money you can report this to your local or federal police or on the IC3 website ,