Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#301268 by Guido013 Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:48 am
I got this letter today that is from Survey Shoppers USA. They even sent a check it is for $2,795.00. And all i have to do is take a survey on the stores Wal-mart, K-mart, and Moneygram. It also says that they are funded by the store im a supposed to survey. But i'm not sure if i should trust it or not.
Advertisement

#301270 by AlanJones Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:44 am
The check you have been sent is fake. The scammer wants you to go to a Moneygram outlet and send some of the money to them and keep the balance as your pay. Eventually (it could take weeks), the banks will discover that the check is fake and they will debit your account, leaving you down the money that you sent.

If the check was sent by USPS, then you can contact your local US Postal Inspection Service office and they will deal with it. If it was sent by courier then it is best to pass it to your local law enforcement.

Please post any email addresses, websites or telephone numbers that the scammer is using in the letter as this will help other victims.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.