Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#304085 by Steven31 Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:02 pm
8/23/2016, I received a text message from (347) 674-3479, "GOOD DAY, I am Mrs. Sarah from cognizant company, I am contacting you in regards to your resume which was submitted to me today, Kindly reply back to know your next step" , After my reply , Sarah says that I have to install Hangout and get contact with [email protected] AKA William james1010 in hangout, (which is strange that a pharma company uses a gmail account) . I applied to this job from Jobs4jersey.com, the NJ reemployment website, The name company that I applied for is Cognizant.

William james1010: Hello
Me: Good afternoon , this is in regards of an interview, I been contacted by Mrs. Sarah.
William james1010:Okay good.
William james1010: Before we commence with the job briefing and interview, i would like to apprise to you that we are sorry about our unseemly approach if this interview conducting method is unprofessional to you or if you are new to all this, but i believe the world is always advancing so it is important to stay on top of things as change is inevitable.
Me: Yes, I'm agree, I apologize for the delay, I just installed this app to my phone, and my laptop, before I been using Skype, which is a convenient method to implement meetings.
William james1010: Please i would like to inform you that at this point, you will need to listen carefully and read attentively and if there are any questions you would like to ask, you will kindly do that as soon as we are done with the job briefing.
Me: ok
William james1010: To start with i am Mr William James . I received my B.A. in French from Louisiana State University in Eunice, LA just west of New Orleans. I also studied accounting at the University of New Orleans. I am with the Human Resources Department of Cognizant as Professional Training & Coaching manager for three years now. Everything i have accomplished in life has been on my own. I am very energetic and very driven to better my life. I give 150% on everything I do.
Me: Nice To meet you William.
William james1010: I am here to briefly interview you about the opening position and about Cognizant and to conduct the on-line Job Briefing and Interview with you and i believe you are well set, read & eager to hear and know more about the opening position we have in offering you.
Me: Yes William, I'm ready to know more about Cognizant , and the learn more about the Accounting Analyst position .
William james1010: My name is Mr William james . One of the Hiring Managers of (Cognizant Company). I would be the one to brief you about the position and the company. Please introduce yourself by indicating your full name, sex, where are you located ?
Me: My name is **, male , I live in **,USA
William james1010: We are headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.) and currently working on setting up a branch in your location. That's why we are Recruiting online for hardworking individuals to work from the comfort of their home performing data entry, customer service and other administrative skills. And thats why we are employing online, but when the new office near you is ready you can be assign to one of them that is if you qualify after the interview,Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 50 delivery centers worldwide and approximately 233,000 employees as of March 31, 2016, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000 and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.
Me: Understood , please continue .
William james1010: This is strictly an online and work from home job for the time being, the working hours are flexible and you can chose to work from anywhere of your choice, the pay is $25 per hour training is $15 per hour and yo
u will be getting payment weekly via check or direct deposit working 20 to 25 hours weekly,if you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor.
Me: Please let me know what's the difference of the pay of $25 and training $15 per hour? thanks
William james1010: The $25 is for your normal working pay and the $15 is for your training
Me: Understood thank you, please continue.
William james1010: Also Cognizant offers excellent benefits and supplemental compensation including Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tax-Deferred Annuity 403 (b) 401 ( k ) , Tuition Assistance, Comprehensive In-House Training Program, Employee Assistance Program, Relocation Allowance (for some positions), Sign-On Bonus (for some positions).
Me: Understood, Please Continue.
William james1010: That will be all for the Job briefing, We are switching into the main Job Interview now and before we proceed further, are there any questions you will like to ask me at this point ?
Me: please go ahead with the next step.
William james1010: Position offered is Accounting clerk
Me: Ok in the website says Accounting Analyst - Wayne, NJ .
William james1010: Duties: Maintains accounting records by making copies; filing documents.
Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger.
Maintains accounting databases by entering data into the computer; processing backups.
Verifies financial reports by running performance analysis software program.
Determines value of depreciable assets by running depreciation software program.
Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.can you handle that?
Me: Yes that's the job description I read before.
William james1010: How many years experience do you have in Accounting clerk?
Me: 4 years
William james1010: Do you have a Printer, Fax Machine,Scanner, Type Writer and a Photocopier ? What is your Clerical Speed or WPM ?
Me: 20,000 wpm, I do have all you described, blah blah blah
William james1010: Briefly tell us what interests you about this job and Tell Us why you feel you are the right person for this Job? What do you Understand by Privacy & Code of Conduct in Business?
Me: This job is challenging, Blah blah blah
William james1010: If you are been hired by the company, How would you like to be Paid ? Weekly Or Bi-Weekly?
Me: Weekly
William james1010: What means of Payment do you prefer, Check or Direct Deposit?
Me: By check.
William james1010: What's the name of the Bank you operate with?
Me: Wellsfargo
William james1010: Well you have done well so far and you seem like a perfect fit for this position, Am forwarding your answers to my superiors for review and consideration, The review process will take 10-20mins...Standby and Make sure your IM is available Okay.
Me: ok Thank you William.
William james1010: Your interview percentage scored and consideration stand is available now on my desk.. Are you ready to know your stand ?
Me: yes please.
William james1010: You scored (82%) on the question's answered and for your consideration stand..You've just been confirmed qualified for the position., Congratulation...You've just been confirmed qualified for this position, You're HIRED ..!.. You are welcome to COGNIZANT, You are now given a chance to show your commitment, charisma, diligence and be a productive employee.
Me: That's Great please continue
William james1010: You will Earn $25 per hour and paid $15 per hour for training. and you will receive your payment via Check or direct deposit.. You will receive your duties online everyday and i will always be online to assist you with any difficulties.
Me: Ok , my email is xxxxx when I will receive my first assessment?
William james1010: During your training and orientation my supervisor's will reach you via e-mail or phone for your position offer-documents and your working papers. Also they will put you through our company's guildlines under US human Resources Laws and Regulations ok?
Me: Yes that's fine William
William james1010: You would be eligible to Benefits after 1months of working with the company, Benefits offered are Health Insurance / Vacations.
Me: Thank you , I would like to know what are my first Objectives .
William james1010: I need you to email me with the following: Your Full Names, Current Home address, Phone numbers and e-mail address via email to ([email protected]) To enable me re-confirm and enlist them into the Company's Register for proper documentation and record purposes. Email that and get back to me now.Okay?
Me: William can you call me? my phone number is ***** Thank you.
William james1010: Hello are we still connected?
Me: I'm sorry , I have a bad feeling , I tried to get a phone number of Cognizant to verify the address and there's not a phone number to call in the website, there's even a phisical address where to go.
William james1010: Well you have my number and i already told you our location.
Me: Sorry , but I have the feeling that this is a scam and I will make a report on this conversation.
William james1010: Okay fine.
William James calls me from his cellphone (201)742-794*, he doesn't know what's the company address, even the company phone number, And he has an horrible foreign accent
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information.
Advertisement

#304095 by vonpaso xlura Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:12 pm
Thanks for posting! This is a money mule scam and the scammer is West African. It's obvious from his writing and it's the accent you heard.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10