Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#306762 by SCAMFIGHTER717 Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:40 pm
I received the following correspondence after i responded to an email for another employment opportunity that was supposed to be with another company that was also a scam. I was sent the following email below which is another scam. The email was sent from Amanda Kennard <[email protected]> , this is just another reshipping mule scam where they send you packages to reship for them. The website they are using is http://www.ferratrans.com

Hello.

Your contact information has been transferred to me from our HR
managers. All further hiring process will be going through me.

Greetings,
My name is Amanda Kennard; I am a Personal Logistics Manager for Ferra Transport, LLC.

We appreciate your interest in our company and wish to offer you
a brief description of our company and job detail.

POSITION:

We are anticipating hiring 10 to 15 new Transportation Coordinators within America.
This position requires no start up costs!

TASK:

The Transportation Coordinator primarily works from home. As an
Transportation Coordinator, you would be responsible for receiving and forwarding goods purchased by our overseas buyers.
Our buyers will be acquiring goods and products through major auction
sites and online stores and using your address as a shipping address.

From time to time, you will need to pick-up merchandise from the nearest
Amazon Locker location or Ups/FedEx facilities.
After receiving these packages, you would then forward the packages to our clients inside/outside of the U.S.
All packages should be shipped as quickly as possible after you have
received the shipping label. Packages are to be shipped within 1-2 business days
after new shipping label provided.

TRAINING:
Training starts with a thirty day probationary period. During the
probationary period, you will receive step-by-step instruction of expected duties.
All communications will remain between the two of us, and there is no need to contact any clients.
The probationary period begins on the date when you re-ship the first package that you received.

SALARIES:

During the first four weeks your wage is $1,780.00. After your probationary period ends,
you will be receiving $3,200.00 each month as a base salary.

COSTS:
The cost of repackaging materials will be reimbursed with receipts.

AMOUNT OF PACKAGES:
You would be handling 5 to 15 packages weekly.

EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
1. Printer: Black and white is sufficient; you will need to print out
the prepaid shipping labels in order to send out the packages.
2. Any software to open PDF files (Adobe Reader or any free PDF
viewer).
3. Internet access: Check your email for information updates,
communication and tracking of packages online.
4. Ability to receive packages right to your home address (no post
office boxes accepted).
5. Basic Excel skills.
6. Cell phone that can receive text messages, Blackberry device, or
smart phone is optional. Will be given priority consideration.
7. Copy of a valid ID (driver's license or passport).

For more information, or if you have any further questions,please reply to this email by typing the word "Interested" without quotations into the subject line
And please feel free to include any questions you may have.

Place the word "Agreement" in the subject line if you would like details concerning
our Company Agreement.
These are the two best and quickest ways to get in contact with me.
The following is a list of commonly asked questions and answers at this stage of the process.
I hope it will assist you with any questions or concerns you may have
and understand all aspects of the position and the process in general.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: Who is responsible for paying to have the packages shipped outside of the country?
A: You will receive prepaid shipping labels for shipping packages both inside and outside the country.

Q: I currently have a permanent full-time position, what are the busiest times of day for this position?
A: You have to maintain your own daily schedule coordinated with the mailing service. When you receive
a package and then a label, you have to forward it, preferably on the next business day.

Q: How often through the week will I be receiving packages, and up to how many packages a week
could I be receiving?
A: 5-15 during probationary period and more following the probationary period.

Q: As I understand it, I would not be directly talking to any of the customers, so who would be contacting
me on my cell phone?
A: Your key point of contact at our Company will be Me, or someone else on behalf of the Company.

Q: Who would I receive training from, and how long is the training?
A: You will receive step-by-step guidance and support from your key contact during an initial four week
probationary period. However, you must be disciplined to set, follow, and keep your own schedule.

Q: How do I receive my monthly payment, and is $3,200.00 a month the max that can earn with this position?
A: We can pay through PayPal, Cashiers Cheque or Direct Deposit. Yes, currently $3,200.00 is the max base wage for this position.

Q: Is there a return address placed on the shipping labels; if so, will it have to be my address? Also, who
would be initially shipping the packages to my home address and who all would have access to my home address?
A: Yes, the return address will be your home address. In some cases, packages may need to be returned
due to incorrect weight, or postage, so returning them to you for correction and reshipping is
necessary. You will be receiving packages from reputable online businesses and auction houses.

Q: How much space do I require?
A: 3-4 square feet will be good enough, such as that found in a small closet.

Q: When I send out these packages, do I pay for postage? If so, is that reimbursed and how?
A: No, you will be receiving prepaid shipping labels for that purpose which you will print and put it on
the package prior to shipping.

Q: How many packages will be received weekly, and what will be the average weight?
A: During the first month, you will receive between 5-15 packages per week weighing between 1-44 lbs.

Q: How can you be SURE that what is inside these packages is legal for me to be sending?
A: Inside the packages will be items from online stores or auctions. So, yes, I am positively sure that it is
Legal. Plus. At any time, you can always open a package to inspect the contents.

Q: When placing multiple packages together in one (1) box for shipping, do I furnish my own packaging
materials, boxes, etc.?
A: Yes, you need to use your own packaging material, but any cost for packaging material will be
reimbursed. You can purchase supplies including bubble wrap at any Home Depot or Lowe's store.

Q: If I move and need to change my address what should i do?
A: You have to inform your key contact a minimum of 5 business days in advance before you actually
move. The same holds true if you are going on vacation, or need to leave the town for some reason.

Q: Do I have to be home for when packages arrive?
A: You or someone should be at home, as most of the packages requires signature.

Q: What happens if I need to go out of town?
A: You have to inform your key contact 3-5 business days in advance.

Q: Is this considered a 1099 contract position?
A: Yes, it is.

Q: If the person receiving their package finds that they don't like, or that it is damaged, where do they return it to? Who is responsible for damaged goods?
A: These situations will be handled case-by-case. Just report any damaged goods to your key contact.

Q: Also, with my address on all packages, who gets the 1099k from the companies for the purchases?
I realize that I would get a 1099 for my monthly wages.
A: That's correct. As an independent contractor you will only receive a 1099 form at the end of the year.

Q: Is it a guarantee that you will get paid for the 4 weeks even you decide not
to keep the person on after that?
A: Yes, you will be paid anyway. But only the one condition must be met to make it happen -
all packages received during the last 4 weeks must be sent off.

Q: What time of the day mostly the packages will come ?
A: Time of delivery depends on schedule of your local carriers (UPS, FedEx, USPS)

In case you have additional questions which are not covered by this FAQ - feel free to ask!

If you are interested in the opportunity this position offers, please follow the directions
above in order to respond, otherwise ignore this email.

Thank you kindly for your time.

Monday, September 19, 2016
Advertisement