Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#306775 by BWR Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:26 pm
So I received this email after applying for a job on Craigslist. And it seems *way* too good to be true. Am I being overly suspicious or is this a scam?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Applicant,

I am replying back to your message concerning the job posted on Craigslist in which you're interested in. We currently have a vacant position available, which is the Front Desk / Office Assistant Position.

We are looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding as a Front Desk / Office Assistant Person. The job involves you working remotely from your location and it's flexible, working with us is about instructions and following them. My only fear is that we may need you to perform an assigned tasks in a timely manner sometimes, so we need someone who can be able to meet up with executing assigned tasks in a timely manner.

We need your service because I am constantly out of town and presently in Calgary Alberta, Canada. I will return to the states next two weeks so this process will be on going till then. If you don't mind, I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term.

As a Front Desk / Office Assistant Personnel, your activities among other things will include;

Duties and Responsibilities:
• Sort and verify bank transactions.
• Verify keying of data and correct errors.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Running personal errands.
• Work independently without much supervision.

Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.

** Weekly Pay: $600.00
** Hours: 10-15 Hours Weekly
** Days: 2-3 days Weekly

Please note that this position is not office based for now, it's a part-time work from your location for now. I would like to give you an immediate trial, so if you are interested kindly get back to me. As I have been checking files and schedules and would need someone urgently to run some tasks for me this week/next week. My Financial Adviser will issue you a Certified Company Check to execute the task with, and complete the assignment. You will need to Purchase gift items for kids(Foster Care) which i will send you a list and description of the items, alongside delivery address when purchased. Note that you are not to use your personal funds.

Kindly RE-CONFIRM your contact details as shown on your resume to enable us proceed to next step.

Full Names:
Correct Mailing Address (include apartment numbers}:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Mobile Number :

The employee acknowledged the Trial and Detailed Job Description
and signed _____________________________
(First Name and Last Name of Employee)

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response
Yours Sincerely,
Camelia Rubio,
Manager, Human Resources,
Entec Services Llc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help!
Advertisement

#306776 by Bryon Williams Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:34 pm
Its a scam. Please post the scammer email address.

The scammer wants to send you a fake check. Have you cash it then send money back to him. Your bank will learn of the fake check days later and you will be out the money sent.

Same scam used here >> viewtopic.php?f=34&t=111618

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#319006 by Adavis Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:50 am
I just received an email with the same paragraphs with a sense of urgency that I take this job from them. The money sounded too good to be true and turns out, its fake.

The email was from [email protected] on February 7, 2016 at 11:26pm and stated:

Hello Applicant,
I am replying back to your message concerning the job posted on ZipRecruiter in which you're interested in. We currently have a vacant position available, which is Administrative Office Assistant Position.

We are looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding as a Office Assistant Person. The job involves you working remotely from your location and its flexible, working with us is about instructions and following them.

My only fear is that we may need you to perform an assigned tasks in a timely manner sometimes, so we need someone who can be able to meet up with executing assigned tasks in a timely manner.
We need your service because I am constantly out of town and presently in Ontario, Canada. I will return to the states next two weeks so this process will be on going till then. If you don't mind, I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term.
As a Office Assistant Person, your activities among other things will include;

Here is an overview of the job description

• Sort and verifies bank transactions.
• Verifies keying of data and corrects errors.

Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.

Please note that this position is not office based for now, it's a part-time work from your location for now. I would like to give you an immediate trial, so if you are interested kindly get back to me. As I have been checking files and schedules and would need someone urgently to run some tasks for me this week/next week. My Financial Adviser will issue you a Certified Company Check to execute the task with, and complete the assignment. You will need to Purchase gifts and items for the kids(Foster Care) which I will send you a list and description of the items, alongside delivery address when purchased. Note that you are not to use your personal funds.

Kindly RE-CONFIRM your contact details as shown on your resume to enable us proceed to next step.

Full Names:
Correct Mailing Address (include apartment numbers}:
City:
State:
Mobile Number :

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.

Yours Sincerely,
Asst Manager:
Lindsey Hoffman.

For: Cara Beuer
Manager, Human Resources.
#319035 by vonpaso xlura Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:44 am
ashbrokeragecorps.com was created only one week ago for only one year, and is email-only. Please post the complete headers of the email from the fake domain so that we can kill it.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#327752 by Laurabee Thu May 11, 2017 5:18 pm
Received the exact same scam

Linda Swittenberg [email protected]
Hello Applicant,
I am replying back to your message concerning the job posted on Ziprecruiter/Craigslist in which you're interested in, We currently have a vacant position available, which is the Front Desk / Office Assistant Position.

We are looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding as a Front Desk / Office Assistant Person. The job involves you working remotely from your location and its flexible, working with us is about instructions and following them.
My only fear is that we may need you to perform an assigned tasks in a timely manner sometimes, so we need someone who can be able to meet up with executing assigned tasks in a timely manner.

We need your service because I am constantly out of town and presently in Alberta, Canada. I will return to the states next two weeks so this process will be on going till then. If you don't mind, I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term.

As a Front Desk / Office Assistant Person, your activities among other things will include;

Please note that this position is not office based for now, it's a part-time work from your location for now. I would like to give you an immediate trial, so if you are interested kindly get back to me. As I have been checking files and schedules and would need someone urgently to run some tasks for me this week/next week. My Financial Adviser will issue you a Certified Company Check to execute the task with, and complete the assignment. You will need to Purchase gifts and items for the kids(Foster Care) which i will send you a list and description of the items, alongside delivery address when purchased. Note that you are not to use your personal funds.

Full Names:
Correct street Address (include apartment numbers}:
City:
Zip code:
State:
Mobile Number :

Yours Sincerely,

Linda Swittenberg
Vamac Inc.
#327967 by vonpaso xlura Sun May 14, 2017 7:46 pm
vamacsinc.com is likewise a one-year email-only domain, created just over a month ago. Please post the complete headers of the email from vamacsinc.com.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#328182 by Goldy1984 Tue May 16, 2017 5:32 pm
I knew it!! I got the same email,

Date: 5/11/17 5:35 PM (GMT-05:00)
To:xxxxxx
Subject: Re: Position available

Hello Applicant,
I am replying back to your message concerning the job posted on Ziprecruiter/Craigslist in which you're interested in, We currently have a vacant position available, which is the Front Desk / Office Assistant Position.

We are looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding as a Front Desk / Office Assistant Person. The job involves you working remotely from your location and its flexible, working with us is about instructions and following them.

We need your service because I am constantly out of town and presently in Alberta, Canada. I will return to the states next two weeks so this process will be on going till then. If you don't mind, I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term.

As a Front Desk / Office Assistant Person, your activities among other things will include;

Please note that this position is not office based for now, it's a part-time work from your location for now. I would like to give you an immediate trial, so if you are interested kindly get back to me. As I have been checking files and schedules and would need someone urgently to run some tasks for me this week/next week. My Financial Adviser will issue you a Certified Company Check to execute the task with, and complete the assignment. You will need to Purchase gifts and items for the kids(Foster Care) which i will send you a list and description of the items, alongside delivery address when purchased. Note that you are not to use your personal funds.

Full Names:
Correct street Address (include apartment numbers}:
City:
Zip code:
State:
Mobile Number :

Yours Sincerely,

Linda Swittenberg
Vamac Inc.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Tue May 16, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information and added quotation.