Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#307407 by Infeksion Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:52 pm
Hi everyone! been reading a lot of post here and they are very informative. Helped me a lot so thanks for that. I am now trying to get some help since i cant find any information about this email. Note that this email sent to me was using a legit person and company. A little bit of back story... I've been looking an admin job and sent out a few resume in multiple recruiting websites like indeed, ziprecruiter and etc. I have also received 2 scam emails prior to this one. Anyways lets just get into it.

Below is the email sent to me. this is from Mary Taylor, manager at hotelscombined.ca/com.

HotelsCombined Ltd <[email protected]>

Dear ,

With reference to your Resume we are pleased to announce that you have qualified and you have been appointed as a Administrative Assistant.

Please read the Job Description attached to this email. If you have any questions concerning the Job Description or you require any other information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

If you agree with the job conditions please reply to this email with your confirmation. After that we will contact you for further instructions.

About our Company.
We're a global team with different backgrounds and interests. We're a technology company and tech is at the core of everything we do.
At HotelsCombined, we know that booking accommodation online isn't easy, but we believe it should be. Having to trawl through a hundred websites looking at a thousand 'deals' can be overwhelming and complicated. We saw the opportunity to do something about this. Since then we've been working hard to find you the best hotel deals.

Kind Regards,

Mary,

Mary Taylor
Manager
HotelsCombined ltd.

After reading it, the alarm in my head is going crazy. Also because i just received 2 scam emails just a few days ago. To note a few things that triggers that alarm are:
- no contact number
- no website (considering its a legit company)
- person is real but found no info on how she is connected to the company
- company is legit and can't find any other info about using it as a scam
- on the email google give me this message "DNS resolved name looks suspicious" (could be a normal thing)

So i replied and ask for more info... and this just made the alarm go haywire... The response is below.

Dear ,
We offer you a kind of Internet job (work from home) - every time you will get all the instructions by email and by phone. Your task will be to receive payments from our customers by Email Money Transfer and send these payments to our Representatives (5% of every transaction - this is your commission, you will keep 5% and 95% you should send to our Representative, 95% includes the charges).
Usually each transaction will be around $1000-$1500, you will get 1-3 such transactions per day.
During the probationary period (first 1 week) you will get 5% of every transaction. After the probationary period you will get $300 a week plus 5% of every transaction on top.
The salary (approximately $2700 - $3000 per month) will be sent to you by Interac e-transfer.
Training: We provide probationary period with support. So you can get all necessary experience in process
To apply for this position you should have a cell phone and a computer (laptop, tablet or PC).

This is just too detailed info and still no contact number... also i did find some results online about the reply.

The thing about scam is that they already spend so much time creating and processing on how to scam people. so they get lazy on the message part to create something new all the time specially if they are scamming a few people at a time. so they tend to just copy and paste.

but i still need your opinion on this since i didn't see any posting here using this company. Also i hope this will go on google search results because i did search about this but did not get any info about scam. but there are a few search trend about it when i tried to search in google. Hope this will help others in the future like others helped me.

Imageimg
Advertisement

#307429 by Tim Atem Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:12 pm
I'm sorry, it's a scam:

. Your task will be to receive payments from our customers by Email Money Transfer and send these payments to our Representatives (5% of every transaction - this is your commission, you will keep 5% and 95% you should send to our Representative, 95% includes the charges).

No legitimate employer needs their employees to receive money and forward it on to them. This is a money mule scam.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#307455 by vonpaso xlura Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:21 pm
hotelscombined.support is using a Russian mail server and has no A or AAAA record, hence no website. Please post an email from the fake domain with complete headers so that we can kill it.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10