Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#309068 by UnicornsWin Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:08 am
Wasn't sure where to post this, as I found this forum based on searching parts of the email.

From [email protected]

Dear Applicant,

Thanks for getting back to us, We are currently recruiting to help us within the area and we already have 58 agents working for Bass inc. Over the United States and these agents needs office materials such as labels, stamps,envelopes, files and other stationary equipment to carry out their day to day assignments,they will email you whenever they need any materials and also state the type of materials and the quantity they need, it is now your duty to contact the supplier through email to make orders for the materials and also state the quantity that should be mail to the agent address through the post.

Each agent will only order materials once in a week, we are employing you just to reduce the workload on us, our supplier and for the agents. It is an online job where agents will contact you for materials during the weekdays. It will now be your task and assignment to help the agents place their orders through the supplier as you shall be informed about the supplier assigned to you.

Your weekly Salary/wages payment is $350 weekly which will be paid to you in form of check. I will always email you guidelines and instructions as your online job trainer and instructor to enable you get your job done perfectly when you start working. Get back to us with the information listed below to get this limited position by providing us the requested information.

Name:
Address (Including Apt# if Any):
City:
State:
Zip:
Cell Phone#:
Alternate Email Address:

Work commences from Monday as soon as you have been given a position and you are to work at your free/ leisure time at the comfort of your home/ school, make sure you check your email box at-least twice to three times daily and also respond to the email fast. We hope you enjoy working with us. I shall be waiting to hearing from you soon.

Regards

Bass Inc

========

I should have searched before I responded but what made me super suspicious was the mention of using Western Union to transfer money.
Advertisement

#309098 by vonpaso xlura Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:13 am
Please post the email that mentions Western Union. The scammer is an African who does not know proper English vocabulary, grammar, or punctuation.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#309117 by UnicornsWin Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:51 pm
Dear [redacted],
I am happy to inform you that your application has now been processed and approved, your employment letter will be sent to you soon via email attachment. You will be getting paid every Friday of the week and do understand that you are entitled to $180 as your start up Internet allowance.

NB: Our Client shall mail you a check to cover both your start up Internet allowance bonus of $180USD, and also include money for you to pay the supplier, so that he can start working on materials that will be supplied out to our agents .

Do note to deposit the check into your account for it to clear in other for you to deduct your start up internet allowance of $180USD and remit the rest amount from that check to the supplier's information that will be given to you as an instruction to be adhered to by your assigned supervisor.

Once you receive the check and you cash it, you are to deduct $180 from it as your Internet connectivity allowance for your job, you will then transfer the supplier's money to him/her through western union or money-gram money transfer so that he can get the supplies for the agents.

Kindly write back to let us know that you receive and understand this email.
We await to hear from you ASAP.

Regards.
Bass Inc