Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#309511 by Slim1705 Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:24 am
1 letter:

Hello
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately the post you applied for has been taken but I have a position which may interest you.
Detailed Job Description:
My name is James Riggs, I am 57 years old, married with children. I am a relatively successful entrepreneur with huge investor in the real estate market and Health Sector which tends to be my main source of income. I am looking for a trustworthy and reliable individual who works well and understand orders.
I have been a financial planner and a lawyer for over 25 years now and am also a private researcher. I travel often within and outside of the United States working on various independent projects. This is why I need someone who can help keep me up to date with all of my activities, especially while I am away and amidst my busy schedule. My previous personal assistant/book keeper is currently unavailable due to health reasons and I am keen on finding an efficient, motivated, organized individual who can communicate well and is able to multi-task under pressure.
This position is home-based for now and it is a flexible job, Working for me is a test of following instructions,someone who is able to meet up with me at irregular times. you will be working 5-6 hours daily in any of the three days of the week that is convenient for you, i need you to work for me As a book keeper/ personal assistant, your activities among others will include: Running personal errands, Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities, Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office, Scheduling programs, flights and keeping me up to date with them Basic wage is $500 weekly
I am sure you understand how busy my schedule is on a daily basis. Currently, I will be out of the state with partners. I will be back in two to three weeks to arrange a formal interview with you but i will like to secure your services before my arrival so that you can run some little errands for me while i am away, I think you are the right person for this position. Please note that this position is home-based for now, pay stays constant.
All I need from you is total honesty and sincerity. I know you will be committed to the work, You will also have a nice period of time working with me.
Willing to take this job position, reconfirm your information to us for final background check.;
First Name:
Middle Name:
Last Name:
Address:
Apartment#:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Cell Phone Number:
Email:
Sincerely,
James

after my answer, 2 letter:

From (another person): Thomas Ternus [email protected]

You are Hired
Congratulations on the new Personal Assistant Position and I hope to have your 100% loyalty and co-operation.
Your quick response to emails and effectiveness will be required, I understand we haven't meet, before am asking you to get work started, i do quickly trust people, I will be in the town by October 18th, and we can get to meet for proper interview as my personal assistant because its very important we meet face to face.
A Payment will be sent over to you in form of Check payment from my Financial Manager to the information you provided and i have some lists of gift items to email you once you received the Payment, you will deduct your first week salary from the Payment you will be receiving from my financial manager, and you will make some arrangements by buying some stuff for the kids in the Orphanage home using the rest funds at any nearest store around you, And you can then mail them out to the the Orphanage home's information that will be provided for you in my next email, Just so you know.. You are not asked to use your own personal funds to purchase and ship any of the gift items to the orphanage home, you will be receiving Payment to use to do so along with your Salary. I will get back to you with the tracking number of the Payment once i receive it from my Financial Manager because you are expected to receive it on this week through the Mail. .
So i will be interviewing you online before my arrival
So Here are the few pre-interview questions i would like to ask you before the task begins next week.
Please answer all questions.
Tell me about yourself.
What is your greatest strength?
What is your greatest weakness?
Why should you be hired?
Tell me about something that's not on your resume.
How will your greatest strength help you perform?
How do you handle failure?
How do you handle success?
Do you consider yourself successful? Why?
How do you handle stress and pressure?
How would you describe yourself?
Describe a typical work week.
What is your NATIONALITY?
Do you have an active bank account? YES/NO
What is also your Account# and Bank Name ? (For Direct Deposit Payment)
N:B>>> If you dont feel comfortable dropping your account number or routing number just mark it as "X" But you have to state your bank name.
I will be waiting for your response so i can go ahead and work on your Contract/Agreement Form.
Sincerely

Then they must have understood that used wrong name, so they sent me a text from number +13476205742:
Hello Good morning, this is James Thomas Riggs Ternus you have been emailing me about the job, i just want to let you know that you have been hired, kindly check your email to see th information i sent you there

GRAMMAR AND PUNCTUATION IS AS IT WAS IN LETTERS.

WHOIS regarding Domain Name: LEGALCAREERBUILUP.ORG:
Updated Date: 2016-09-26T18:26:40Z
Creation Date: 2016-09-26T18:26:39Z
Registrant Name: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: 12808 Gran Bay Parkway West
Registrant City: Jacksonville
Registrant State/Province: FL
Registrant Postal Code: 32258
Registrant Country: US

My epilogue: there were a lot of red flags about these letters, even without grammar mistakes and "i" instead of "I". I did not provide any information that cannot be found in my resume, so I think there's nothing I need to be afraid of. Needless to say, I will not answer the 2 email, but in case they write anything else - I will make an update here.
P.S. If there's anyone in Florida - you can stop by the abovementioned address and tell them they don't have to send check - you can take cash instead )))
Advertisement

#309512 by Slim1705 Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:31 am
UPD: I'm sorry, I just read who PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC is. They register domain names for people who do not want to disclose their personal data. That's a real catch for scammers!
#309558 by vonpaso xlura Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:19 am
This has lots of standard scam verbiage. legalcareerbuilup.org is email-only. Please post the complete headers of the email so that we can kill it.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10