Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#310592 by CWL6750084 Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:58 pm
I had been requesting some insurance quotation recently. Some companies would email a form to fill out afterwards. I got an email from Zurich Life Insurance Survey Group and filled out the following "required" information:

Full Name as stated on your ID:
Mailing Address (INCLUDING UNIT #) and postal code:
Current Occupation:
Current Employer:
Phone/Fax number:

I gave my full name, address (that was not my actual address, just an address that I collect mails), occupation, phone number, age and gender. I simply put University as the employer. It was not after I sent the email that I realized I was sending that information to Zurich Life Insurance Survey Group, which does not exist. I contacted Zurich Life Insurance and they confirmed that it was a scam email. Now, I am worried about what can the scammer do with my information.
Advertisement

#310619 by Bryon Williams Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:21 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Please post the emails sent to you minus your personal information.

Post the web address you were given and all email addresses/phone numbers used.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#310704 by CWL6750084 Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:38 pm
This was the scam email that I received. It was my mistake that I just replied without reading the content - I was expecting a quotation from the company.

There was no website for entering information, I simply replied.

Now, am I at any risk or dangerous situation and what steps do you suggest that I take to protect myself?

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Quote Inquiry

Nice day to you and thanks for your response. We are currently recruiting individuals as silent shoppers. You are to send the below
information and state that you are interested after reading the details of Silent shopping.

Pending approval from the Recruiting department.

Well it’s a legal and legitimate dealing to be a SECRET SHOPPER with us. Upon approval, your job as a Silent shopper would begin next week and this would result to us providing you with more information.

PAYMENT TERMS:
Your payment would be sent weekly (Salary: $400 PER ASSIGNMENT ) weekly, Also the company is in charge of providing you with all
expense money for the shopping and other expenses incurred during the course of your assignment. All the tools you will needing would be
provided to you with details every week you have an assignment.

JOB DESCRIPTION:
1} when an assignment is given to you, you would be provided with details to execute the assignment and in a timely fashion.
Time: Any time of the week

2}You would be asked and instructed to visit places like Banks, Restaurants, Grocery Stores, Wal-Mart, JC Penney Shops, Cash Money,
check cashing stores, Western Union Shops, Cash Point Shops and Money Gram Shops etc. to re-view and check out their services.

3} You would be asked to visit a company or store in your area and they are mostly our competitors as a secret shopper and shop with them
to know more about their sales and stock, cost sales and more details as provided by the company then report back to us with details of
whatever transpired at the store. But anything you buy at the shop belongs to you; all we want is an effective/quick job and reports.

ASSIGNMENT PACKET:
Before any assignment we would provide you with the resources needed {cash} Mostly our company regional manager will send you a Money Order or Check that you can cash in the stores where you will be required to start your assignment. Then we would be providing you details on
here.

But you follow every single instruction given to you as a secret shopper. You can earn more which involves nothing more than shopping
at a number of selected retailers and assessing their customer service and reporting back, so I want you to get back to me with confirmation
of your interest and commitment in working with us.

Full Name as stated on your ID:
Mailing Address (INCLUDING UNIT #) and postal code:
Current Occupation:
Current Employer:
Phone/Fax number:

Kind Regards,
Jason Jay
Prom Manager
+1 (403) 431-0319
#310705 by Bryon Williams Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:48 pm
It is a scam.

The scammers wants to send you fake checks. Have you cash them and send your real money.

Mostly our company regional manager will send you a Money Order or Check that you can cash in the stores where you will be required to start your assignment.

2}You would be asked and instructed to visit places like Banks, Restaurants, Grocery Stores, Wal-Mart, JC Penney Shops, Cash Money,
check cashing stores, Western Union Shops, Cash Point Shops and Money Gram Shops etc.
to re-view and check out their services.

Suspected Spam
(403) 431-0319
Rogers Communications Canada Mobile
AB

Domain Name: ZURICHLIFEINSURANCESURVEYGROUPS.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 48
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS3.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS4.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Name Server: DNS5.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Updated Date: 15-oct-2016
Creation Date: 15-oct-2016
Expiration Date: 15-oct-2017

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#310706 by CWL6750084 Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:52 pm
I know it is a scam, the company representative contacted me something like an hour after I replied to the email. But I already send my information.

I had not received anything from the scammer. Do you recommend that, in the case that I actually received a cheque, I take it to the police station?
#310707 by Bryon Williams Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:53 pm
You can refuse delivery, take the package and check to your banks fraud dept or the police.

#310708 by CWL6750084 Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:55 pm
OK. Do you think my bank accounts and other personal asset are at other risks other than money-scam (fake cheque)?
#310730 by vonpaso xlura Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:05 am
zurichlifeinsurancesurveygroups.com is email-only. Could you post the complete headers of the email you got? That would help us kill the domain.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10