Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#310660 by dottyakun Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:13 am
made application with the above , took me through processes of scanning my documents and cv even my passport, just realized in this platform that its a scam though it looked abit professional, what is the worst they can do with my scanned documents?
they use this on their letter heads , AIR CANADA head office : 2 Carlton Street, Suite 1400. Toronto, Ontario M5B 1J3, Canada. Tel +1 (401)326-2357, +44(0)7452183072
Advertisement

#310664 by Tim Atem Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:29 am
I'm sorry, we need more information. How did you come into contact with them and why were you in contact with them?

Please post any emails you have with your personal information removed, as well as any email addresses and websites they may be using.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#310666 by dottyakun Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:43 am
Tim Atem wrote:I'm sorry, we need more information. How did you come into contact with them and why were you in contact with them?

Please post any emails you have with your personal information removed, as well as any email addresses and websites they may be using.

found the Ad on facebook , clicked on the link and saw the vacancies and they gave the following email for application [email protected]
#310670 by dottyakun Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:05 am
dottyakun wrote:
Tim Atem wrote:I'm sorry, we need more information. How did you come into contact with them and why were you in contact with them?

found the Ad on facebook , clicked on the link and saw the vacancies and they gave the following email for application [email protected]

Their latest email, part read Note: You are to contact BARRHEAD TRAVEL AGENCY through her contact details as found below as regard your Travel Documents and possibly on how best we can have you resume work in full with our reputable Company.
Barrhead Travel Agency (B.T.A)
Vancouver, Canada.
Email contact: [email protected]
#310671 by dottyakun Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:07 am
Recent Email from the Scammers
In view of your Application and Curriculum Vitae (CV) received by our company. We are glad to inform you that your application has been approved by the Management Team and hereby congratulates you on the offer.

You have been given an appointment to work with our ORGANIZATION and all necessary procedures are in place to have you resume work here soonest.

Note: You are to contact BARRHEAD TRAVEL AGENCY through her contact details as found below as regard your Travel Documents and possibly on how best we can have you resume work in full with our reputable Company.
Vancouver, Canada.

While sending your application to them, send an e- mail telling them that you want to make Inquiries on CANADIAN WORKING PERMIT and that you are coming to work under Air Canada. (Attach your Offer Letter as proof).

Kindly take note that Air Canada is responsible for your Flight Ticket, Medicals, Feeding and other expenses on resumption but you will be the one to take care of your WORK PERMIT FEE which is 410 GBP.

Attached is a copy of your EMPLOYMENT LETTER and ANNEXURE FORM.

Kindly sign the ANNEXURE FORM, given consent of your acceptance to this offer.

Thanks for your interest in AIR CANADA & DAYS HOTEL MONTREAL, CANADA.

Congratulations once again!!.

Mr. Doug Hague
Human Resource Manager
#310673 by Tim Atem Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:30 am
Yes, it is a Visa scam. They're using free email addresses, and they are not connected in any way to the legitimate Air Canada or Hotel Montreal. Thank you for posting. I am going to move this topic to Employment scams.

Travel agencies do not arrange work documents nor Visas - this can only be done through the embassy in your country.

Vancouver, Canada.
[email protected]
401-326-2357
+44-7452183072

#310674 by Tim Atem Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:33 am
Since they have a copy of your passport, you will need to contact the agency that issues the passports in your country to report your passport as compromised and you will need to apply for a new passport. You will probably receive more emails from scammers with similar job offers. Ignore any further attempts by them to contact you, do not tell them you know they are scammers and do not tell them you posted their information here.