Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#312979 by rule0511 Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:41 am
I received the below email regarding this position. Is this a scam? I went online and located the company's information and found an Youtube video.

The company requires you to go through training for 30 days before actually offering a position as Project Manager.

[email protected]

Dear XXX,

As a member of Genesis Venture Capital team, I would like to express our interest in your resume, which has been
received recently from one of job websites, and inform you about new opening in our company - Project Manager position.
We are confident you will find this new opportunity both challenging and rewarding.
Please take your time and review general information concerning Project Manager position and
our company.

ABOUT US
Genesis Venture Capital creates spaces across the world for tech
startup companies to meet, learn and collaborate, and runs a load of
seminars, events, advice sessions and more. Company provides physical
and virtual spaces that enable technology startups to work smarter,
develop faster and increase their success rate.

JOB SUMMARY
We are currently looking for qualified candidates for a Project
Manager job in 12 states.
Project Manager holds the overall responsibility for the successful planning and execution of a project.
Strives to enable the project team deliver to or exceed the expectations of the customer,
while balancing conflicting priorities of scope, timeliness and cost. Risk management,
issue and conflict resolution and communication are critical components of the Project Managers efforts.

Job title: Project Manager
Business Areas: Project Management/ Consulting/ Development
Position type: Permanent (full-time job)
Working Hours: Monday - Friday (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM local time)
Salary: base, $90,000/year. Paid bi-weekly
Travel: yes, up to 15 percent of working time, all-in-state
Bonuses and Benefit package (including medical insurance)

Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in business preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks;
- PMP certification is a plus.

To get more information on the position and company, please, email be back.
Full job description, website link, and pur application form will be available upon request.

--
Best regards,
Ms. Rachel Reed, HR Assistant
Genesis Venture Capital, HR Department
Chicago, US Branch
+1 (872) 216-7823
Last edited by AlanJones on Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal details
Advertisement

#312980 by AlanJones Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:56 am
The domain was registered in early October, by someone who is using a Ukrainian privacy protection service to hide their identity. There is no legitimate reason for a real business to hide their identity in such a way.

It is an employment scam of some sort, although from the email you have received, I can't tell exactly what the scam is.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#313014 by vonpaso xlura Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:22 pm
It claims to be founded in Hong Kong in 2006 and have an office in Germany, yet it was registered in 2016 and is entirely in English. This site is in the process of being reported for fraud.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#313202 by rule0511 Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:47 am
I also received a called from Rachel Reed and spoke to her. I can't figure out the scam yet either, supposedly they have open an office in Chicago and are opening one in Houston. Basically you submit homework assignments for grading and a project assignment.
#313204 by AlanJones Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:12 am
The use of meaningless "assignments" is common among employment scams as a way of seeing how well the victim has bought in to the scammer's lies - it is likely that at the end of the trial period, the job that you initially applied for is no longer available, but they will offer you another one, which will involve receiving funds or packages for them - i.e. turning you into a money launderer or re-shipping mule. When the other victims of the scam realise they've been scammed, it would be your details that they pass to the authorities.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#313211 by Terminator5 Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:39 pm
Looks like a Money Mule Scam .

Performance based bonuses

http://genesisventurecapital.com/employment.php

China Life Center,
18 Hung Luen Road,
Hung Hom Bay

Phone 852-2134-3630

Address lookup

canonical name genesisventurecapital.com.
aliases
addresses 2a00:7a60:0:10a6::1

Domain Whois record

Queried whois.internic.net with "dom genesisventurecapital.com"...
Domain Name: GENESISVENTURECAPITAL.COM
Registrar: HOSTING UKRAINE LLC
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 2374
Whois Server: whois.ukraine.com.ua
Referral URL: http://www.ukraine.com.ua
Name Server: NS114.INHOSTEDNS.COM
Name Server: NS214.INHOSTEDNS.NET
Name Server: NS314.INHOSTEDNS.ORG
Updated Date: 11-oct-2016
Creation Date: 11-oct-2016
Expiration Date: 11-oct-2017

>>> Last update of whois database: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 17:32:52 GMT <<<

For more information on Whois status codes, please visit https://icann.org/epp

Queried whois.ukraine.com.ua with "genesisventurecapital.com"...
Domain Name: GENESISVENTURECAPITAL.COM
Registry Domain ID:
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.ukraine.com.ua
Registrar URL: https://www.ukraine.com.ua
Updated Date:
Creation Date: 2016-10-11T10:39:02Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2017-10-11T10:39:02Z
Registrar: HOSTING UKRAINE LLC.
Registrar IANA ID: 2374
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +380.443927433
Domain Status: ok http://www.icann.org/epp#ok
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Privacy Protection
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: PO Box 65
Registrant City: Kiev
Registrant State/Province: Kiev Region
Registrant Postal Code: 04112
Registrant Country: UA
Registrant Phone: +380.443927433
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registry Admin ID:

(872) 216-7823

8722167823 is a VoIP number provided by Google Voice with an area code in IL

Daniel 8 :25
#313296 by rule0511 Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:51 am
Here is the latest letter from Genesis Venture capital. They want to transfer funds from their "corporate account" to my debit/credit card for purchase.

[email protected] (Charles Payne)

Good morning XXXX

I have got you approved for the part time project, it will only take 2 steps.

First Step: you will receive money FROM the corporate account TO your credit card;
Second Step: you will make a purchase of required equipment according to the list of specification(your Purchase Order).

Here I attached the Instructions and FAQ file for Step 1.
There you'll find how to apply for the payment which you will use to purchase the equipment.
Please read both documents carefully and let me know if everything is clear.
As we start the project, you will receive the payment first and only after
that you will be able to execute the purchase order.

Meanwhile, I need you to look through the manual and make sure you understand the procedure.
The manual gives a definition of Current balance, please read it as well.
Please note that you WILL NOT have to involve any money of your own or share your personal information (account numbers, card number, ccv code, etc.) for this project.
Waiting for you to let me know you understand the procedure - I could apply for the rest of project details then.
I will forward banking information and the equipment specification once I get your confirmation that everything is clear with first part of instructions.

In case you need any more information from my end, I'm ready to provide you so.
#313333 by Mike Wilson Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:37 pm
Thanks for posting the new email.

Here is the latest letter from Genesis Venture capital. They want to transfer funds from their "corporate account" to my debit/credit card for purchase.

They will either "flash" the money by depositing funds and then recalling the money leaving you in debt for the purchases that you made. The other possibility is phishing your card information so they can make fraudulent purchases.

Another email from this fake company.

Subject: Project Manager Job

Reply-To: "Ms. Erin Dean" [email protected]

As a member of Genesis Venture Capital team, I would like to express our interest in your resume, which has been
received recently from one of job websites, and inform you about new opening in our company - Project Manager position.
We are confident you will find this new opportunity both challenging and rewarding.
Please take your time and review general information concerning Project Manager position and
our company.

ABOUT US
Genesis Venture Capital creates spaces across the world for tech
startup companies to meet, learn and collaborate, and runs a load of
seminars, events, advice sessions and more. Company provides physical
and virtual spaces that enable technology startups to works smarter,
develop faster and increase their success rate.

JOB SUMMARY
We are currently looking for qualified candidates for a Project
Manager job in 12 states.
Project Manager holds the overall responsibility for the successful planning and execution of a project.
Strives to enable the project team deliver to or exceed the expectations of the customer,
while balancing conflicting priorities of scope, timeliness and cost. Risk management,
issue and conflict resolution and communication are critical components of the Project Managers efforts.

Job title: Project Manager
Business Areas: Project Management/ Consulting/ Development
Position type: Permanent (full-time job)
Working Hours: Monday - Friday (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM local time)
Salary: base, $90,000/year. Paid bi-weekly
Travel: yes, up to 15 percent of working time, all-in-state
Bonuses and Benefit package (including medical insurance)

Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in business preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks;
- PMP certification is a plus.

To get more information on the position and company, please, email be back.
Full job description, website link, and pur application form will be available upon request.

--
Best regards,
Ms. Erin Dean, HR Assistant
Genesis Venture Capital, HR Department
Chicago, US Branch
+1 (872) 216-7823

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#313361 by vonpaso xlura Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:24 am
Now that we know what kind of scam it is (which will go in the next report), the best thing for you to do now is ignore all further communication attempts from the scammer. If you have told the scammer your card number or connected it to his account, talk with the fraud department of your bank (or whoever issued the card) and get a new one with a different account number.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#313444 by Pooja lavania Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:43 am
rule0511 wrote:Here is the latest letter from Genesis Venture capital. They want to transfer funds from their "corporate account" to my debit/credit card for purchase.

Good morning XXXX

First Step: you will receive money FROM the corporate account TO your credit card;
Second Step: you will make a purchase of required equipment according to the list of specification(your Purchase Order).

There you'll find how to apply for the payment which you will use to purchase the equipment.

Meanwhile, I need you to look through the manual and make sure you understand the procedure.
Please note that you WILL NOT have to involve any money of your own or share your personal information (account numbers, card number, ccv code, etc.) for this project.
Waiting for you to let me know you understand the procedure - I could apply for the rest of project details then.
I will forward banking information and the equipment specification once I get your confirmation that everything is clear with first part of instructions.

rule0511 wrote:Here is the latest letter from Genesis Venture capital. They want to transfer funds from their "corporate account" to my debit/credit card for purchase.

Good morning XXXX

Even I got the same email from Charles payne
And they want me to purchase for them which is gift card from Apple Store or Best Buy. They asked me to make the payment of my credit card from their company accounts
I really don't knw is it scam or genuine.
The same email with the same salary package offer i got it from Charles payne
#313445 by Terminator5 Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:47 am
Its a scam and a fake company. That's why it's posted here . Don't give them any information or banking details . :bondage:

#313449 by Terminator5 Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:08 am
Apple Gift Cards ? This is the same scam as "ITP Consulting Group" scam previously posted on here . There is also a FTC warning on this scam .

#313452 by Terminator5 Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:49 am
itpconsultinggroup.com

viewtopic.php?f=34&p=303339

Hello everyone I have recently been contacted with a very similar scam from a company called ITP CONSULTING GROUP. They also contacted me about a position with their company as a sourcing manager. They are very good with making this seems like it legit by getting you to fill out apps and take test. They then have you do what they call assignments by reading literature about supply chain management then have you even take tests. Once they think that you think they are legit they will then run the first scam buy having you purchase Apple gift cards but here comes the tricky part. They actually send you information on how to transfer balance from "their account" to your account. They tell you, you dont have to use any of your money and they will pay off any debt you may have on your credit card. They only want to use a credit card no debit card. So then they send a pdf on how to do a balance transfer from their account to yours. Then ask you to buy about $10k worth of Apple gift cards then send them the PIN. Once I told them I could not complete this they totally stopped all communication and fell off the radar. The person I was in contact with name was DAVID SCOTT I even spoke with him on the phone and he reassured me everything was fine. His english was really good and he had a slight European Accent. They make this scam look like a real job if you have any information on this please post. This is a really well manicured scam and Im sure they have already gotten a lot of people with it just because it is very polished , if ITP CONSULTING GROUP has scammed you please let me know.

#313792 by rule0511 Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:19 pm
Email from Charles Payne at Genesis Venture Capital.

Good afternoon xxxx,

If you don't have CC we will give this project to another candidate.

Also, your training comes to an end and we will be glad to see you at our office to sign a full-time contract. Choose a convenient day and time for a meeting with our regional manager. It is desirable for the next week. Please, select a convenient way to pay your training (Direct Deposit or PayCheck)?