Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#313400 by jag_griffiths Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:04 pm
Folks, beware of this scam, as it seems legitimate at first. I got an email in response to a craigslist ad I replied to a couple of days ago. At first look, it appeared that the email came from a legitimate email address, as it ended in @siskgroup.org. However, I am confident that this is a scam at this point. Below are the messages I received:

[email protected] wrote:Nov 29 at 10:34 AM

Hello Applicant,

We acknowledged the receipt of your application via our craigslist post, and we want you to know that your service is highly needed by Executive Director . But before we get started with the service you applied for, We will want you to fill in the position we have urgent need for. To that effect, We want to use this media to give you a comprehensive brief about the Administrative Assistant position available but firstly We will like to introduce the Executive Director company and what we do.

About the company:
SISK Group is a 5th generation, 150 year old family business. Founded in Cork, Ireland in 1859. It has grown from a small local builder to an international construction company, now diversified into Consumer Products, Property and other investments in Ireland, U.K., Europe & the Middle East employing over 2000 people. SISK Group has a reputation & a track record built around quality, reliability, partnership, integrity & trust.

Our Vision:
To be a diversified, internationally focused Group. We will achieve this by living our values, respecting our family culture, delivering excellence and focusing our resources on activities that deliver long term sustainable results”

ABOUT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
Mr Owen Sisk represents the fifth generation of the Sisk family in the business. He is a member of the Group management team, as well as the UK Board Director responsible for Business Development. With a background in infrastructure, rail and civil engineering management, Owen is focussed on increasing market share by building on the Group’s significant experience, financial stability and long term business relationships. We are expanding our business down to the United states of america and Mr Owen will be heading one of our branches.

DUTIES:
Your activities amongst other things will include: Make travel arrangements, order office supplies, running personal errands, filing documents, faxing, printing and handle my shopping. Good sense of humor is required and mandatory to work with him. Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information and perform duties with accuracy, quality, and integrity. Basic wage is $650 weekly.

Let us know if you will be able to offer any or all of these services as this position is 1099 which means all taxes has been placed on us with the form we signed with IRS as a company or independent contractor. We will make arrangement for a W-2 agreement form; so if this position is for you to work directly with the director at no cost or signup fee.This Job also do not disturb your current job or anything.

Kindly RE-CONFIRM your contact details as shown on your resume to enable us proceed to next step.
We will like you to get back to the director with your

Full Names:
Correct Mailing Address (include apartment numbers}:
City:
State:
Mobile Number :

Your information requested is needed for our company database as an employee and be assured your information is safe and will not be shared.Send your replies to his email address... [email protected]

Kindly Provide One Reference:

We look forward to reading from you soon indicating your interest to work with the director as his assistant.
Sincerely,

HRM DEPARTMENT
Sisk Group Board
http://www.siskgroup.com

Sincerely,
-Team Recruitments
-MS-Application 2016 @ All Rights Reserved

Like I said, I thought this seemed legitimate at first, so I replied asking about where they were going to open an office in the DFW area, where I happen to live. After all, the company is based out of Ireland. So I got a response from the alleged "Owen Sisk," who by the way, is a real person who works for this family-owned business. Too bad their company is being used as a scam by others! Basically, he claimed that they were expanding their business to the US as stated in the previous email, and he was going to be stationed in Texas.

By this point, I was a little suspicious, but I figured, what the heck, I'll just send him a copy of my resume. After doing that, I received the following email from him:

[email protected] wrote:
Dear <redacted>,

Thank you for your interest in employment at Sisk Group Inc. After further reviewing your qualifications,you have been chosen to occupy the position of the Assistant Position. I want to believe you have read about the company and you have a better understanding about the position as well.

Like it was indicated in the first email, The company is EXPANDING its business down to the USA, and i need a good and reliable assistant that can work with me. I want you to read through the company website so you can have a better understanding about the company.

But firstly i will like to know how honest you are and how can i trust you with my funds.

I will be sending an email with the details of the first task after which i will send you an email with the task to be carried out and instructions. And also confirm the payment/paycheck can be mailed to the address you provided. And please include an apartment number if required.

Also i need you to make yourself available immediately because there are some errands i need attended to urgently.

Your duties as my assistant will be running personal errands,booking flights and appointments, Handling cash and deposits, receiving calls and attending to clients.

I need answers to these questions.
1. How many hours are you willing to work per day?
2. How often do you come on the internet ?
3. Payroll Interval... (Weekly or Bi-weekly)?
4. Are you employed at the moment ? .
5. what bank do you bank with?(bank name only)

Get back to me as soon as possible so we can get started.

Text me at 404-946-3463 once you have read and replied to this e-mail.We will be meeting to sign necessary documents as soon as the first task has been successfully completed. And note that you just have to text me to inform me you have replied to the email..SO PLEASE JUST TEXT MESSAGE ONLY NO CALLS TO INFORM ME YOU HAVE REPLIED TO THE EMAIL.

I have also included the employment form, which you will print out and fill then send back to me .

NB...This is a Trial Task which will be used to evaluate your employment,after this task has been completed, then we will discuss about meeting with me and also the company delegate.

Note*****The Office is still undergoing renovation..So how you carry out your first task will determine your employment.
So Respond ONLY if you are ready to begin with the task Immediately

Thanks

Owen Sisk

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This communication and any attachments included herein contain information that belongs to Sisk Group Inc, that may be confidential, legally privileged and/or a trade secret. Its unauthorized disclosure, copying or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please delete or destroy it and notify the sender immediately. Neither Sisk Group Inc, nor its subsidiaries or affiliates will be liable for any damages resulting from any modification or falsification of an e-mail that is originated by us. Moreover, although precautions have been taken to ensure that the data included herein is free from viruses or other malicious content, we cannot assure that such is indeed the case and disclaim any responsibility attributable thereto.

As you can see, they are trying very hard to sound like the real deal! However, I checked that number he provided out, and it comes from Georgia...not something you'd expect out of an Irish businessman, huh? I also managed to find the PR contact for the Sisk Group, and his email address doesn't match the @siskgroup.org format. I promptly emailed the PR contact to let him know that his company is being used by scammers.

Anyway, I'm deleting the emails now and won't be replying to them any longer. I just figured other people may find this useful in the future, since it seems I'm not the first one to be targeted, based on a poor review I found on Glassdoor.com about the Sisk Group.
Advertisement

#313508 by vonpaso xlura Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:44 am
siskgroup.org is a fake email-only domain registered for only one year by hidden. Please post the complete headers of the email from siskgroup.org so that we can kill it.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#315032 by KACA Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:05 pm
I saw the same add and responded also and this Owen sent me the exact same paperwork, he need me to look for a warehouse space , I was still trying to figure out if was real also, so by the end of week his sent me a check I called the bank to see if was real and it was not. I also found a email to the companies media person and sent all my info to them. I have not heard back from them. I wasted my time and gas, So Glad that was all. I was so glad to see this. Because Owen contacted me today and asked if I forgot about him. Said he another job as payroll person.
Thank You so Much.
#315041 by Terminator5 Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:22 am
Its good thing know you were warned . Don't tell the scammer his scam is posted here. Just disappear .

Daniel 8 :25
#315171 by NickoletteF Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:10 am
Definitely a scam. I as well ALMOST fell victim. Fortunately I'm naturally a very curious person and when things started not adding up I went with my gut feeling. even after I stopped communicating Mr. Sisk sent me a check for almost $4000. When I received it I immediately researched every amount of information on that check. The company the check came from has no connections to "Owen Sisk" and the company's address was misprinted after I verified online. I also researched the return address on the package the check came in,in which a females name appeared. I reached out but came of nothing.
Ultimately, it's A SCAM. Don't fall victim to these losers.
#315269 by vonpaso xlura Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:03 am
Are they still using siskgroup.org? We still need the email with complete headers.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#315970 by KACA Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:41 pm
this person who says he is Owen Sisk , texted me today asking if I was still working for him and to let him know so he can send me the information or paper to print off payroll checks. This is the first time he contacted me since my last post. the phone he wants me to text to is 7623594606. where do I send all the paperwork to.
#315971 by Terminator5 Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:39 pm
There is no job or payroll . He's trying to recruit you as a Fake Check Mule . Report this on the IC3 Website . Stop all communication with this scammer .

Legitimate companies do not hire strangers they never met to do their company payroll . Money Mule Scammers do this .

Daniel 8 :25