Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#314859 by GoldenLady310 Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:15 pm
I got an email last week from a lady name Keli Corey who recruits for this company called Medtronic for a Data Entry position and she stated that she founded my resume online from the employment website "TheLadders.com" which is legit career searching site. I read the attachments and everything sounded pretty good so I replied to her email advising her that I would be interested in interviewing for the position as I'm looking for a second income. She advised me I had to download an app Hangouts on my phone to do an interview and I had done so.

The information is as follows:

Keli:
Hello I have you on here now so we can proceed.

At the end of this interview session, you will be required to provide a "Proof of Address (e.g. rent receipt or utility bill)" document to complete your registration and application with Medtronic.

This item will be required for the purpose of identification and confirmation of address, is that clear?

Me: Yes

Keli: The purpose of the interview is to see how you would fit into our culture and organization and what you could bring to the job.

For this position, we combine interview assessment with other assessment tools. These assessment tools could be business cases, ability tests and personality questionnaires

Me: Okay.

Keli: All assessment methods in accordance with high ethical standards are used – and we treat all assessment results in absolute confidence. The results will be handled in accordance with the personal data protection act and local legislation.
Endeavor to be quick with your responses and remember to ask questions you may have as we go on, okay?

Me: Okay...

So the interview process went well and I got an offer letter the next day. I was required to sign and send the letter back to the recruiter Keli Corey to proceed to pre-training and registration

Keli and I spoke today via Hangout chat and she advise me to report to her at 9 a.m. tomorrow morning in which I advised her the conflict of my day job work schedule wouldn't suffice me working with her. Keli then asked can I do the registration and the pre-training this evening and I agreed to do so. Keli advised me to send her my personal information via email that included my full address, and interview code is M16A05. She instructed me to include into the subject line HOL Registration. I agreed to do so and emailed her request.

Keli and I proceeded to the pre-training interview where she asked me a series of questions. Here are the following below:

Keli: Welcome to your pre-training.

The importance of the pre-training task is to make an assessment on how well an employee is able to follow instruction to the detail, given the default instruction source (To prove an effective worker: less detailed instruction does not deter how well task is carried out). This will show that the employee possesses the technical-know-how required for the position.

Task A: Briefly explain Entry and Inquiry screens and their functions, taking any accounting software into consideration.

Task B: State three(3) pros and cons of online work from home.

Task C: What bank do you operate with? And in your own words, describe the best ways to Prevent Overdue Accounts stating 3 examples.

Task D: Write an article taking a comprehensive look at the following: General Ledger, Financials, Journal Libraries, P&L / Balance sheet and Bank Reconciliations. AT LEAST 100 WORDS EACH.

When I Googled Task D question, this website came up with previous complaints of scam artist under a different business identity. So I referred back to the PDF formatted letter they sent me that had the name of Jim McDermid being the VP of Human Resources so I decided to Google him. Founded Jim McDermid's LinkedIn profile and he's no longer employed with the company.

I will be making a phone call to this company to confirm the identity of Ms. Keli Corey who also included an email address [email protected] on the first correspondence and I now have concluded this is a scam. I just want to confirm before filing an FTC complaint.

But just wanted to put this out there for people to be very careful.
Advertisement

#315072 by vonpaso xlura Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:38 am
This is a scam. Any time someone interviews you by Hangouts or any other Internet chat program, and are hired without meeting anyone of the company, it is a scam. What is the Hangouts address?

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#315203 by LebronE813 Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:41 pm
Carlyn Murphy-
[email protected]
[email protected]- hangouts

Medtronics home base position scam!

Email sent to me read:
I came across your profile on Ziprecruiter and when I saw you have a bit of experience in administrative activities , I thought it will be a great pleasure to be able to work with you to accomplish positive things. I am wondering if you would be open to the work from home position as an administrative assistant / data entry clerk we have available . I have years of experience working as a recruiter and I am ready to help you get aboard our work team as soon as possible .

Please let me know if you would like to setup a brief interview to discuss more about the job , I look forward to hearing from you .
--
Carlyn Murphy
Senior Recruiter at Medtronic

I researched the company, crazy enough their is a branch located not too far from my residence, but no Carlyn Murphy "Senior Recruiter " worked there. I called to make sure it was legitimate, the email job description attached sound way to perfect.