Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#315899 by theluckyc Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:22 am
Hello guys! I'm Chris and it's my first time joining here.

So I'm currently looking for a full-time employment in the USA. I'm from the Philippines and so it's considered an international opportunity for me. I was browsing through some job postings on this Facebook group for Filipinos looking for employment overseas and there was this certain job posting who was looking for park attendants, waiters / waitresses, security officers, receptionist, etc. for Hotel Sheraton. The email address they provided is "[email protected]" as well as "[email protected]"

So I emailed my resume to the two email addresses and the "[email protected]" emailed me back. Below is the email they sent to me after sending in my resume (I was applying for the Receptionist position):
"Dear Applicant

Thanks for contacting the Sheraton hotel/restaurant with your Resume . We will like to Reading through your application . We are sure that you will be a serious and perfect worker for the restaurant/hotel but whats border us is your age, Before we proceed with the terms and conditions of the job , you need to get to us with the the following information required by the Management of the restaurant / hotel

1. What is your full name ?
2. What is your nationality ?
3. Do you have children ?
4. Do you smoke or any drug addict ?
5. Do you drink a lot of alcohol ?
6. can you drive (car , bike , truck) ?
7. Have you worked in the restaurant / hotel before ?
8. Do you have a valid passport ?
9. What is the post you are applying for ?
10. Have you ever traveled out of your country ?
11. What is your current occupation ?
12. Have you ever been to the United States ?
13. Full or Part time?

Please be honest while answering the questions above ,
"

So I replied and answered the questions (without giving much of any personal details) and they replied afterwards with the job offer / terms and conditions for the employment. Below is the email they sent:
"Dear Applicant ,

The management of Sheraton Hotel/Restaurant read through your data and confirmed your qualification for a job with Sheraton Hotel/Restaurant . We expect you to be of great productivity to the hotel . You have to be very serious with your job in the hotel and respect all the rules of the hotel .

* CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT

- DURATION : 3 YEARS (Renewable)
- START-UP DATE : FLEXIBLE
- JOB REF : LKR/COL/542DNR
- JOB LOCATION : North Carolina , UNITED STATES

* PAYMENT / SALARY

Your salary will be $5400 USD net monthly and this salary are been paid from the 21th to the 26th of every month .

* Salary Package and Other such benefits: All payments are made in US $.

* Your one month advance salary will be paid at the end of first working week.

* ACCOMMODATION

The Hotel Management has secured an apartment at our staff quarters close to the Hotel for the first two year of work .

* WORK HOURS

You will have Five working days a week and you are going to work 8hours a day , that is 8AM - 12PM and from 2PM - 6PM .

* VACATION PERIOD

Every worker is granted to 35 days that is one month vacation every year to visit his/her family back at home .

* Flight: Round trip flight ticket provided to employee and 1 other person (wife or Husband) only.You will need to forward the document of the person you will be coming along with . A Hotel representative will receive you from the airport.

* Please confirm your acceptance of this offer and forward the following additional documents.

* DOCUMENTS NEEDED

- Scan of passport or identity card copy
- Passport or identity card number
- Place of birth date
- Country of origin
- Your current address
- Cell or best contact number

After reading the mail , scan and send to us with the requested documents if you are in agreement with the terms and condition of the job . As soon as you send the documents , we are going to send them to the diplomat at the American embassy responsible for the processing of your documents to start the processing of your travel documents .

* Our dedicated team is here to advise you on every query. We look forward to welcoming you to the Hotel.

Thanks and waiting
"

I was feeling kind of uneasy and doubtful because they never even asked for a video interview nor did they even provide any contact details or contact person (besides the email address). I tried emailing them asking them for contact details and contact person just so I could verify for myself if the offer is a scam. As of now, they haven't replied.

That is why I am personally asking for help to verify whether this is legit or not. Has anybody ever gotten the same message? Or is there somebody here who has already experience applying at Sheraton? Appreciate every single bit of help and apologies for the long post.
Advertisement

#315900 by Terminator5 Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:37 am
This is a scam . Please post links to their online assets so we can look at them . Also post any email addresses and telephone numbers they're using

Daniel 8 :25
#315909 by Terminator5 Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:48 am
http://jobs68.com/job/4006037/travel-an ... a-job.html

Travel And Work Oversea ,, Hotel Jobs. ₱1 - Atlanta, Georgia
Job... - 1 week ago
Date expired:
Wed, 02/22/2017
Experience Requirements:
Not requirements
Description:

Travel and Work Oversea ,, Hotel Jobs.
₱1 - Atlanta, Georgia

Job vacancies here in U.S.A Urgently needed, maids, Vehicle cleaners, waiter/waitress, gardeners, Hotel housekeeper, parking lot attendant, receptionist and security officer. Recruitment is currently going on, interested persons should forward their Application and CV to the following email address: ([email protected] )
([email protected] )
Only to persons who can express his/her self in English
Language but we consider applicants for all position without regard to Race, religion, sex, color, Age and marital status.

#315954 by Terminator5 Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:10 pm
Scammers using the same scam jargon running the scam as "Crystal Beach Hotel U.S.A" posted here by an unfortunate victim that lost his job as a result of the scam . Fake Fees were apparently sent to Scameroon .

https://www.facebook.com/crystalbeachoceancity/posts/1157637140977885

Michael Newton Me too has the same issue , i lost my job because of crystalbeachhotel vacancy , the management sent me mail that am qualified for the job ,one Mendy Johnson said he is the recruiter for the hotel, he requested for my details and scanned all to him , he told me my visa processing will take between 3-4 days yes after one week ,I was informed by him they have finished my documents and FedEx is responsible to deliver the documents so i should pay for 200 as shipping fee ,i did paid that but later informed by the FedEx that b'cos they have no flight there and the company is pressuring them b'cos of speedy recovery they have sent it to me thru expresslogistics.
within some time i received a call from Cameroon customs Douala that they have seized my documents b'cos it's valuable there fore i should insure it or they will not release , am to pay $550 as N.I.N fee, but i paid$400 as N.I.N after the payment for them to deliver the documents, I was also informed by the same Douala Customs Cameroon that the US embassy in Cameroon has also seized the documents b'cos they have been instructed by US immigration that they should hold it until i pay $750 to make deposit in US b'cos it US law any foreigner coming to US to work must deposit such money should the work is not good he can use that money , we paid the deposit $750 , me and the crystalbeachhotel management, after this payment , i was also informed that Egypt customs have seized the documents saying the way delivery agent handle the documents is illegal way so i should pay $250 as verification of ownership fee, also after this payment the DOUALA custom raised an awareness that the N.I.N has expired b'cos they insured it for 5 working days so i need to reactivate it or they will not release it ,i must reactivate it with amount of$200 but i paid $100 and the crystalbeachhotel management promise to pay the$50 balance said the recruiter Mendy Johnson.
I hv made every payment payable but to date my documents are not in my hands, if the management of crystalbeachhotel management is reading from this comment, i want to know if the name Mendy Johnson is the true recruiter for your hotel and is it true also that the hotel is seeking for employees,i applied as cleaner, now please i want my refunds not the documents , I my refunds to clear my debts.i hv secured a new one in Canada i need my refunds to pay

And here again the same scammers stealing the name of Sea Bay Hotel Ocean City Maryland U.S.A

https://www.facebook.com/SeaBayHotel/po ... 3367225228

The management of Sea Bay Hotel Ocean City Maryland U.S.A read through your data and confirmed your qualification for the job as a new Chef in the Hotel . We expect you to be of great productivity to the Hotel . You have to be very serious with your job in the Hotel and respect all the rules of your department .

Oliver Smith
Sea Bay Hotel
Tel:+15623445965
Ocean City,MD U.S.A.

Very Similar To This Scam We Busted Earlier in 2016

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=124343

#316145 by Terminator5 Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:02 am
Victims of this scam can file complaints with the government of Cameroon Here:

https://www.prc.cm/en/

Or file complaints with the Cameroon Embassy in your Country

Google " Cameroon Embassy" + " your country"

#318647 by honey_meranie Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:57 am
HI,

We received exactly the same email regarding hotel sheraton and the same email addresses used. Now they sent 4 forms to fill up. Certificate of Medical examination, Application for and Visa application form. We did not respond yet because it is really too good to be true.
#318653 by Terminator5 Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:10 pm
Its a SCAM , as posted . There is no job . Only a long string of FAKE application and Visa Fees they will ask you to pay .

#320245 by vine Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:25 am
Click here to enable desktop notifications for Gmail. Learn more Hide
Gmail
COMPOSE
Labels
Inbox (94)
Starred
Sent Mail
Drafts
More
Hangouts

More
2 of 235

Expand all Print all In new window
Re: Interview Questions
Inbox
x

Crystal Beach Hotel Feb 22 (1 day ago)
Dear applicant , Thanks for contacting the Crystal Beach Hotel Maryland U.S.A...

Crystal Beach Hotel
10:27 AM (56 minutes ago)

to me
Dear Applicant ,
The management of Crystal Beach Hotel U.S.A read through your data and confirmed your qualification for the job as a new Store Keeper in the Hotel . We expect you to be of great productivity to the Hotel . You have to be very serious with your job in the Hotel and respect all the rules of your department .

CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:

DURATION : TWO YEARS (Renewable)
START-UP DATE : 25/March/2017
JOB REF : SBHM/COL/00423DNR
JOB LOCATION : MARYLAND , U.S.A

PAYMENT / SALARY:
Your salary will be $5300 USD net monthly and this salary are been paid from the 21th to the 26th of every month .

TAX DEDUCTION:
4% monthly.

ACCOMMODATION:
The Hotel Management has secured an apartment in our staff quarters close to the Hotel for you .

WORK HOURS:
You will have Five working days a week and you are going to work 8 hours a day , that is 8 AM - 12 PM and from 2 PM - 6 PM .

LATENESS:
You are expected to be a good time keeper if for any reason you will be late by 1 hour, then you have to phone and inform your boss as early as possible

SICKNESS OR INJURY:
If you are unable to come to work because of sickness or injury you are to let your Head of department know so they can make other arrangements . The only payment for sick leave will be statuary sick pay . You are appropriately expected to provide the following procedures
1: Let your Head of department know as soon as possible that you will not be able to come to work
2: If you are off sick for more than three days, feel in form SC1 [self-certificate of sickness]
3: Provide a medical certificate if you are off sick for more than seven days [7 days]

CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY:
You must respect Hotel privacy and maintain a professional approach at all times . You should keep any information gained in the course of working for this Hotel confidential and not discuss their affairs with others . Save with their specific permission failure to respect it privacy and confidentiality may be considered as a disciplinary offense .

SUPERVISION , TRAINING AND SUPPORT:
Supervision and support will be given by the Management and /or other agents on regular basis to ensure your skill are developed and strengthened . Opportunities for appropriate training and learning will be considered by the Management and /or other agents .

GRIEVANCES:
Any grievances will be raised directly to your Head of department , they will deal with them at earliest available opportunities any grievances that cannot be resolved between you and your Head may be resolved by a third party who shall be agreeable by both parties according to your contract terms you must Lay you grievances in writing and your employer must invite you for a meeting to discuss the grievances , your employer must then provide his/her response and notify you of a right appeal .

DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURES:
These procedures are aimed to encourage improvement in your performance and conduct and to ensure that The Management treats you fairly depending on the seriousness of the circumstances in the event of poor performances or[minor misconduct] problems will first be addressed with you informally by your employer , if no improvement is made then your employer will then use the outlined methods below at each stage you will be offered the opportunity to put forward your views , a third party agreeable to both sides can represent you have the right to appeal against any disciplinary decision using the appeal procedure below .
STAGE 1. ORAL WARNING
If your conduct or performance is unsatisfactory by your Head of department you will be given an oral warning which will be recorded in your employers file with the date and issue concerned the warning will be disregarded after six months of satisfactory services
STAGE 2. WRITTEN WARNING
If the offense is serious and there is no improvement in your standard or if a further offense occurs, you will be given a written warning this will include a reason for warning a note that if after six months of warning you do not improve a final warning letter will be given to you.
STAGE 3. FINAL WRITTEN WARNING
If your performance or conduct is still unsatisfactory you will be given a final written warning which will be stated that if after 12 months the same occurrence or conduct is noticed , you will be issued a dismissal letter
STAGE 4. DISMISSAL
If there is no satisfactory behavior or conduct you will be issued a dismissal letter informing you to leave the Hotel for good , for more serious problems your employer may skip stages to implement sanctions on you for example if you are suspected for gross misconduct you will suspended and further investigation will continue and if it is confirmed you will be dismissed immediately the following offenses gives an indication of act which will be considered as gross misconduct
: Theft
: Deliberate damage of company property
: Fraud
: Incapacity of work due to influence of alcohol or illegal drugs

APPEAL:
If you must appeal for any disciplinary decision you must do so within five working days your employer will hear the appeal and decide on it as impartially as possible any appeal that cannot be resolved between you and your employer can be settled by a third party agreeable to both parties .

VACATION PERIOD:
Every worker is granted to 35 days that is one month vacation every year to visit his/her family back at home .

DOCUMENTS NEEDED/INFORMATION:

- Scan copy of your Passport or Identity Card
- Passport or Identity Card Number
- Copy of Driver License
- Two Passport Size Photograph
- Country of Origin
- Place and Date of Birth
- Your Current Address
- Cell or Best Contact Number

After reading the mail , scan and send to us with the requested documents if you are in agreement with the terms and condition of the job . As soon as you send these documents , we are going to send them to the Diplomat at the American Embassy responsible for the processing of your documents to start the processing of your travel documents .
Thanks and waiting .

Click here to Reply or Forward
0.04 GB (0%) of 15 GB used
Manage
Terms - Privacy
Last account activity: 34 minutes ago
Details
Crystal Beach Hotel's profile photo
Crystal Beach Hotel
[email protected]

Yours Sincerely
Recruiting Officer
Mendy Johnson
Tel:+12404892554
Skype-Crystalbeachhotel
Baltimore Ave,
Ocean City,MD
United States

i think this email is not legit
#320246 by Terminator5 Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:11 am
Its a scam as posted . Thank you for posting this updated information on this Visa / Employment Scam . Your post will help warn other potential victims .

#322867 by Terminator5 Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:44 pm
Contact our management with a copy of your C.V,& INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT;([email protected])they will attend
to you or click on your (REPLY).

Received: from p3plwbeout02-04.prod.phx3.secureserver.net (p3plsmtp02-04.prod.phx3.secureserver.net [72.167.218.34])
(using TLSv1 with cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits))
(No client certificate requested)
by mtaiw-mac08.mx.aol.com (Internet Inbound) with ESMTPS id CEFEE70000D68
for <xxxxxx>; Mon, 20 Mar 2017 11:59:29 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from localhost ([72.167.218.15])
by :WBEOUT: with SMTP
id pzhsctfBLXsN2pzhscDrr1; Mon, 20 Mar 2017 08:58:52 -0700
X-SID: pzhsctfBLXsN2
Received: (qmail 5156 invoked by uid 99); 20 Mar 2017 15:58:52 -0000
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8"
X-Originating-IP: 52.32.220.134
User-Agent: Workspace Webmail 6.6.11
Message-Id: <20170320085850.c05fc1d7e08660f9b5858fa6405d3dbc.86fadeaf40.wbe@email02.godaddy.com>
From: "JOB OPPORTUNITY AT MARRIOTT HOTELS CANADA" <[email protected]>
X-Sender: [email protected]
To:
Subject: Free accommodation and air ticket
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 08:58:50 -0700
Mime-Version: 1.0
X-CMAE-Envelope: MS4wfHSr8axsAXxqPRS08M7Jo9u+ETJqaFAORSiTMm9Ja2hnK0WJEEyUBVkuCCHOvDw3joJ7CO/0mceycxw3bAovddeoJ8ttbkFealWrr1WlbIPKWLsN8xKj
hIMWSUFkKYE0dzsp85W1GO49mTEMUghGgXV4d6J/dTT5AVnmMnlPbdNt
x-aol-global-disposition: G
Authentication-Results: mx.aol.com;
spf=none (aol.com: the domain belladonnasilver.com appears to have no SPF Record.) smtp.mailfrom=belladonnasilver.com;
dmarc=fail (aol.com: the domain hotmail.com reports that Neither SPF nor DKIM align.) header.from=hotmail.com;
x-aol-sid: 3039ac1adec558cffc613549
X-AOL-IP: 72.167.218.34
X-AOL-SPF: domain : belladonnasilver.com SPF : none

#328676 by Terminator5 Sun May 21, 2017 3:34 am
EMPLOYMENT AT MARRIOTT HOTELS CANADA: Contact our management with a scan copy of your INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT & CURRICULUM VITAE, they will attend to you. Send your documents to ().
[email protected]

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from p3plwbeout04-04.prod.phx3.secureserver.net (p3plsmtp04-04.prod.phx3.secureserver.net [72.167.218.162])
by mtaig-mce02.mx.aol.com (Internet Inbound) with ESMTPS id 955197000008E
for <xxxxxx>; Fri, 19 May 2017 19:40:03 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from localhost ([72.167.218.140])
id BrUadLyTAXPsIBrUadsmb5; Fri, 19 May 2017 16:39:32 -0700
X-SID: BrUadLyTAXPsI
Received: (qmail 23192 invoked by uid 99); 19 May 2017 23:39:32 -0000
X-Originating-IP: 97.77.104.22
User-Agent: Workspace Webmail 6.7.5
Message-Id: <20170519163930.136cc20d950140352361eb74fee8940b.9870ea092c.wbe@email04.godaddy.com>
From: " JOB EMPLOYMENT AT MARRIOTT HOTELS TORONTO CANADA" <[email protected]>
To:
Subject: Free air fare ticket and accommodation
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 16:39:30 -0700
X-CMAE-Envelope: MS4wfB9pexoFMY1W9KirUIc6RUMMrJLsFCXW4sBadFdNwgUEpquCoYE+OVOrL1NIx6wVk5pKWf4DXWPFe4eCPrbRxZn/02D4MCF+WVWlgl5Rq8fXJf2XEq6K
SZKp+188xI+PfhQKcrKAs/VuCkv1fZOgJUIU3CUSj1PFMd5ZpZQcJagp
spf=none (aol.com: the domain mwbuilt.com appears to have no SPF Record.) smtp.mailfrom=mwbuilt.com;
dmarc=fail (aol.com: the domain hotmail.com reports that Neither SPF nor DKIM align.) header.from=hotmail.com;
x-aol-sid: 3039ac1d1bc2591f825307d0
X-AOL-IP: 72.167.218.162
X-AOL-SPF: domain : mwbuilt.com SPF : none

#329530 by Terminator5 Wed May 31, 2017 9:49 am
Click on your (REPLY) with a copy of your CURRICULUM VITAE & INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT if you are interested.Note:only (16) applicants are needed from your country.

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from p3plwbeout09-03.prod.phx3.secureserver.net (p3plsmtp09-03.prod.phx3.secureserver.net [97.74.135.165])
by mtaiw-aag01.mx.aol.com (Internet Inbound) with ESMTPS id 929E270000088
for <xxxxxx>; Wed, 24 May 2017 05:22:40 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from localhost ([97.74.135.138])
id DSUbddl20AarMDSUbdcjrX; Wed, 24 May 2017 02:22:09 -0700
X-SID: DSUbddl20AarM
Received: (qmail 11336 invoked by uid 99); 24 May 2017 09:22:09 -0000
X-Originating-IP: 97.77.104.22
User-Agent: Workspace Webmail 6.7.5
Message-Id: <20170524022207.2bcc7b56ccae995a8efa51067de8fa18.fe62f80614.wbe@email09.godaddy.com>
From: "JOB OPPORTUNITY AT MARRIOTT HOTELS TORONTO CANADA" <[email protected]>
To:
Subject: Free accommodation and air fare ticket
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 02:22:07 -0700
X-CMAE-Envelope: MS4wfOS/NGXP3ad4Jm1LtSIT7mxRiRkbUOtDmY/7jo+DMpB+kfQGIuXuA/tc+bQ5+FieCiTWMUo8JBxoVmy695Z1TMrYO5eX+OAkNzzrQudmSRernMhKo6gg
6hTGBxnm2SenNvVmYbo09jNMlXScmxnituJ93BuE2H/EkeUIPBCo311t
spf=none (aol.com: the domain korbyaudio.com appears to have no SPF Record.) smtp.mailfrom=korbyaudio.com;
x-aol-sid: 3039ac1a7e47592550e00e84
X-AOL-IP: 97.74.135.165
X-AOL-SPF: domain : korbyaudio.com SPF : none

#350839 by joshlagasca Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:10 pm
Here ia an update... They are now using [email protected]

Here is the email they sent me.

Sheraton Hamilton Hotel Canada Job Description & Employment Form
116 King Street West,
Hamilton, ON, L8P 4V3, Canadá

Dear Applicant,
On behalf of Sheraton Hamilton Hotel Canada, we hereby welcome you as one of our new employee. Please Kindly download the attachment Sheraton Hamilton Hotel Canada Jobs available positions read the Content properly to understand the whole application requirements which will be needed from you before applying for a suitable post of your choice.
You should print out the Sheraton Hamilton Hotel Canada Employment Form then fill them correctly scan and resend it back to us Via-Email including Scan Copy of your Citizen Travel Passport for the approval of your Job Application in the Sheraton Hamilton Hotel Canada,

A Copy of your Employment form is highly needed for the Creation of your Employment Job offer Letter When submitting your application documents to the Canadian Citizenship and Immigration Service.
We trust that your knowledge, skills and experience will be among our most valuable asset for the new overseas employment program with an enthusiasm to provide memorably excellent hospitality and services to each of our Customers and Visitors.

Regards,
From the Employment Team
Sheraton Hamilton Hotel Canada