Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#318612 by Kctx75662 Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:55 pm
Anyone heard of a company called EC Company or Everest? I started "working" for them Jan. 26, 2017. Their "company" ships packages to me & I ship them back out via USPS, FedEx & UPS using their pre-paid postage label I print off from their website. In the first few days of being "accepted" into their company they were all about communication, but now since I have sent out three packages for them they are not so available. I sent the person who is supposed to be my "supervisor" an email accusing them of fraud & after a few hours received a reply asking me what I felt their company was a fraud. When o relied back with what I had found on the internet about them they never replied back. Anyone else had dealings with these people? Before anyone asks, NO I have not been out any money beside gas money to take the packages to the proper shipping facility. They never asked for a credit card or bank account, just a copy of my driver license & a pic of a piece of mail addressed to me. When I set up how I wanted to be paid I chose to be paid by check via mail.
Advertisement

#318614 by Bryon Williams Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:22 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Yes, it is a scam.

Please post the email addresses used and fake website.

See here >> viewtopic.php?f=34&p=318058 Third page.

Report it to IC3.

You will have to be pro-active and protect yourself.

Contact your local Le and explain to them that you are a victim of a reshipping scam.

Show them the emails and give them the information on the shipping labels you used.

Refuse any new delivery. Tell the delivery person it is a scam and give them copies of your emails.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#318640 by vonpaso xlura Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:46 am
There are often two websites used in this sort of scam, and occasionally three. One pretends to be a site where people in other countries can sign up for an address in the USA; the other is where they tell you what package is arriving and where to send it to. Please post both.

If they are sending email from their own domains, please post the email with complete headers.

The scam is that the items they are sending you are bought with stolen money. Contact your local police and show them printouts of the emails from the scammers. You don't want them coming to you, thinking that you are an accomplice.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#318645 by Jamitche98 Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:01 am
These people generally use a 2 letter company name ie: E.C. Company, A.G. company. In addition to the fact they are using you as a middle point to ship stolen merchandise, (merchandise purchased with stolen credit cards) they often ask for your social security number upon signing up. When you provide this, they will apply for credit in your name and potentially get a card to make these fraudulent purchases...it is a continuous cycle. Generally, after a couple weeks they will contact you and inform you they have discovered the packages they were sending you to repackage were purchased fraudulently and move on to their next victim. Avoid any of these email offers for employment at all costs! Not only could you become a victim of identity theft, you will be unkowingly committing a crime for which you could potentially be prosecuted. I hope this helps.
#318699 by Samsusboy Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:24 pm
The following is what I received via email in my SPAM folder any guidance on this ? ( see below)..
Heather Clack <[email protected]>
Jan 30 (4 days ago)

to me
We are glad to inform you that Ev-C Company has a vacancy for Logistics Manager available in your area. The position is remote, thus you will be working from home.

Shall you take the position, you will have an opportunity to work with a fixed or flexible work schedule during business hours according to your convenience. Additionally, you will be trained on the company.

Key duties are: to access the Control Panel with assigned tasks every day online; packing, quality control and dispatch of orders; to deal with receipting of deliveries and checking goods in; to cooperate with a senior supervisor and your colleagues online; keep record of incoming and outgoing packages online; to submit daily reports to the Logistics Department. You will be responsible for small stock with high volumes coming in and moving out on a daily basis.

Payment will include а competitive salary and additional bonuses. The starting salary for the first month is about $2,600 to be paid at the end of the month, after the completion of the probationary period the salary will be rigid $3,300/month - the sum total to be divided into 2 biweekly payments.

Additional incentives: after the probationary period of 31 days you will also be receiving extra bonuses per each processed package.

All Logistics Managers - even those who work part-time - receive a robust benefits package, including product discounts and paid time away. We also have all kinds of resources to promote your career development.

For the purpose of obtaining more details regarding the position, please reply with the following:

- Name:

- Your Cell Number:

The applications with phone numbers are given priority.

Once we obtain your application with your phone number, we will get in touch with you regarding further details.

We appreciate your prompt response, and wish you to have a great day!

Sincerely,

Heather Clack

Ev-C Company
#318702 by AlanJones Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:02 am
Merged with existing topics.

It's a scam. There is no such thing as a job receiving packages at your home address and reshipping them. Only scammers ask you to do that.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#319286 by SeaTownCharlie Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:45 pm
I received this the other day for the Ev-C company. It's the same scam with new address:

Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 3:42 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: New Business Critical Role

We are glad to inform you that Ev-C Company has a vacancy for Logistics Manager available in your area. The position is remote, thus you will be working from home.

Shall you take the position, you will have an opportunity to work with a fixed or flexible work schedule during business hours according to your convenience. Additionally, you will be trained on the company.

Key duties are: to access the Control Panel with assigned tasks every day online; packing, quality control and dispatch of orders; to deal with receipting of deliveries and checking goods in; to cooperate with a senior supervisor and your colleagues online; keep record of incoming and outgoing packages online; to submit daily reports to the Logistics Department. You will be responsible for small stock with high volumes coming in and moving out on a daily basis.

Payment will include а competitive salary and additional bonuses. The starting salary for the first month is about $2,600 to be paid at the end of the month, after the completion of the probationary period the salary will be rigid $3,300/month - the sum total to be divided into 2 biweekly payments.

Additional incentives: after the probationary period of 31 days you will also be receiving extra bonuses per each processed package.

All Logistics Managers - even those who work part-time - receive a robust benefits package, including product discounts and paid time away. We also have all kinds of resources to promote your career development.

For the purpose of obtaining more details regarding the position, please reply with the following:

- Name:

- Your Cell Number:

The applications with phone numbers are given priority.

Once we obtain your application with your phone number, we will get in touch with you regarding further details.

We appreciate your prompt response, and wish you to have a great day!

Sincerely,

Esmeralda Lutz

Ev-C Company
#319679 by Msladyc Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:39 pm
My fiance' experienced the same thing with this company but did his payment as paypal. When he first started he was getting alot of packages but the closer it got to the 12th for his payment for working the packages slowed down alot and they wont respond to any messages and has never gotten paid. I told him something was weird with them shipping him packages and then he puts a new label on with his name and address on it and ship it out. It's a shame they are doing this to people.
#319682 by Msladyc Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:47 pm
Terminator5 wrote:Not getting paid is going to be the least of your problems . Report this Reshipping scam on the IC3 Website.

Just reported it to the IC3. The company was called EC Company and gave them the website also
#319689 by Msladyc Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:42 am
Sent from Yahoo Mail ­on Android

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 ­at 3:01 PM, Jan Vik
[email protected]­> wrote:­
Dear ­XXX,­
We are happy to welco­me you to the Everest­ Co..

It is a pleasure to i­nform you that you ha­ve been appointed to ­the position of Opera­tions (Logistics) Man­ager.

We have arranged the first test assignment­ for you. First of al­l, we need to check y­our FedEx Location fo­r actual delivery tim­e and quality of serv­ice they offer. Exper­ience has shown that,­ one of ten USPS and ­FedEx locations fails­ to comply with stand­ards of our company p­olicy, and that is wh­y we need to make sur­e that the location w­hich you will be usin­g meets our requireme­nts. Bearing that in ­mind, you are to find­ an empty box and shi­p it out via the Fede­x office that you are­ going to use for shi­pping of packages on a regular basis. Ship­ment of this test pac­kage will be paid by ­our company.

Performing this task ­you will have a chanc­e to study all the de­tails of a shipping p­rocess.

Please follow these s­imple steps strictly:

1. Get one shipping b­ox of an average size­. It is required to s­hip out one trial emp­ty package.
2. In order to reques­t a shipping label, p­lease log in to your ­Virtual Control Panel­ and click "PACKAGE R­ECEIVED". The prepaid­ shipping label will ­be uploaded for your ­package.
3. Afterwards, please­ print out the label ­from Virtual Control ­Panel and attach it o­r glue it to the box.
4. Go to your nearest­ Fedex Office and shi­p the package out.

To be able to check t­he status of the task­, please log in to yo­ur Virtual Control Pa­nel. The link to the ­control panel, your l­ogin and password wer­e sent to you by a te­xt message.

Please mind that your­ processing speed and­ diligence will be ev­aluated. Please, feel­ free to ask should y­ou have any questions­ during the shipment ­process

Thank you for your co­operation.

-- ­
Jan Vik - Personal Ma­nager - EC
Email: ­[email protected]­
Telephone: + 1 (650) ­276-0534 - 10AM - 5PM­ Eastern American Tim­e
Last edited by AlanJones on Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Removed personal details