Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#40646 by Dotti Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:43 am
The following scam attempt has been identified on facebook. The scammer contacts targets, telling them that he wants to use the photos of themselves they have posted on their profiles. If the victim falls for the scam, the scammer will most likely send a large fake check from the "client." The victim will be instructed to cash the check, keep his/her "payment" and forward the balance to the scammer. Of course when the fake is identified, the victim will lose a large sum of money, and even be open to criminal charges for check fraud.

> From: ACE MODELLING COMPANY <[email protected]>
> Date: November 6, 2010 11:16:37 AM MDT (CA)
> To:
> Subject: Re: Pic
>
> ACE MODELING COMPANY
>
> 102, High street, London, E16 3NS, United Kingdom
>
> I quite appreciate your swift response concerning the modeling contract. Your profile picture has been accepted by the agency, ACE MODELING AGENCY IN LONDON, UK. This contract agreement is referred as a short term contract, our client approved your picture that would be used for the two Months Bill Board Advert
>
> TERMS AND CONDITION OF THE AGREEMENT
>
> Ace Modeling Company is responsible to arrange and contact model for assignment, any contract entered into as a means of renting your pictures (image portfolio) for a particular advertisement e.g Bill Board, magazine, flyer, newspaper, or print articles or advertisement in general.
>
> Any short – term contract offer like this is calculated and paid to the model from the payment we charge our major clients.
>
> Therefore the first payment for your gorgeous picture is 10% of the amount you received on our behalf from the major client or the financier of the major contractor, while the remaining funds is for us and (Ace Modeling Company) as a contract payment associated with the documentations of the deal, sign up and due fees which are spent by us and prior and during the period of contract execution agent.
>
> This contract put no burden whatsoever on the model and on Ace Modeling Company known as (the agent) however, the current contract will have the first right and decision period from time of notifications to validate the contract.
>
> We reserve the right to cancel the contract if we notice any irregularities from the model up to day before any of the contracts explained above been activated.
>
> This contract agreement is made for the sole purpose of using this image portfolio for Coca-Cola Bill Board Advertisement at "Halifax International Airport, Canada".
>
> The function of Bill Board Advertisement is primarily to reinforce advertising message.
>
> Under this agreement we would be contacting you, for any of our future and upcoming contract for execution.
>
> We don't discriminate sizes or shapes of individual models, we just acknowledge gorgeous pictures and use it for commercials. The financier will dispatch payment to you by courier service.
>
> You will receive a check (between US$5,000 and US$50,000) as payment for the billboard contract. When you receive payment you will take out the 10% as an upfront payment for your gorgeous pictures that is being used, after which you will send the balance over to your appointed agent via western union money transfer for Legal Documentation of the deal and also for the construction of the billboard. This payment will also be used as "sign-up fee" with the agent. I'll be waiting your urgent response with the following information:
>
>
>
> FULL NAME :
>
> HOME ADDRESS :
>
> CITY :
>
> STATE :
>
> POST CODE :
>
> COUNTRY :
>
> TELEPHONE NO. :
>
> AGE :
>
> OCCUPATION :
>
> EMAIL ADDRESS :
>
> Michael Allen
>
> Ace Modeling Company,
>
> 102, High street,
>
> London, E16 3NS
>
> Tel: + (44)704 572 8041
>

>
> On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 3:47 PM, xxx wrote:
>
> Hi.. I received a message from you saying that my facebook picture is needed for an add.
> What is involved?

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
Advertisement

#41365 by dragonsthatkill Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:15 pm
I think this is funny as my room mate is falling for the scam right now little does the scam-er know my roommate messed up his credit a long time ago this guy sent my room mate a cheque for over 9000 and my roommate the moron is taking it to the bank the first chance he gets. Stupid people make life more fun!!!!@!
#41372 by David Jansen Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:30 am
I don't know how much you hate your roommate, but it's better to tell them NOT to cash that check, as it's a fake check which can get them into trouble with LE. Could you please direct your roommate to this site, pointing out that they are being scammed?

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.