Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#42735 by Dotti Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:00 pm
These are determined scammers--I will give them that much. The scammers have tried to post fake testimonials from nonexistent clients several times in this thread. I have just removed yet another one. I'm glad, because that means that people are seeing the thread here and not falling for it. They have also been posting lies in other places on the web, trying to reassure victims that they are real.

So let's make sure it is perfectly clear: Centrum Jobs Team is a SCAM!!

Let's look at their domains:
centrumjobs.biz
Domain Registration Date: Thu Sep 23 15:41:14 GMT 2010
Domain Expiration Date: Thu Sep 22 23:59:59 GMT 2011
Domain Last Updated Date: Thu Sep 23 15:41:16 GMT 2010

EUJ0BSLY.COM
Domain Registration Date: Thu Sep 23 15:41:14 GMT 2010
Domain Expiration Date: Thu Sep 22 23:59:59 GMT 2011
Domain Last Updated Date: Thu Sep 23 15:41:16 GMT 2010

Domain Name: CENTRUMJOBS.COM
Creation Date: 27-aug-2010
Expiration Date: 27-aug-2011

Hmmm.. they are supposed to be a company with 10 years experience, but their websites are less than 6 months old, and were registered for one year--the minimum allowable time. Scammers tend to register for a short period because they know their sites will be closed for fraud eventually anyway.

Now let's look at a couple of their email addresses:
-First, they point you to the website of a legitimate translation agency, but instead of having you email any of the agency's real addresses, you are told to email: [email protected] (a convenient free address unrelated to the translation agency).
-Then we have the documents preparation company: [email protected] (look, another free, non-company email address)
Or you can contact them on yahoo messenger, another free service anyone can sign up for...

And we have the phone number posted above--it is a mobile phone, not a business phone.

Now let's look at content of their communications:
-They claim to be a UK agency, yet the English is clearly NOT consistent with that. The author of those emails is most definitely not a native English speaker.
-As Mac has pointed out, their physical address DOES NOT EXIST
-They are not registered as a recruiting company with Companies House.
-The companies house registration number they provided belongs to a company that was dissolved in 2008. In other words, it's another lie.
-They are "recruiting" citizens of Philippines for jobs in UK that they cannot legally get.
-They are recruiting citizens of Philippines but are not on the list of recruiting agencies approved by the government of Philippines--in other words, they can't legally recruit ANYONE from Philippines for ANY job.
- There is no "personal registration number from the foreign work force office" for UK. If they are sending you a number, it's simply a number they made up.

There is no such thing as "independent economic activity status". Interestingly, when I search for the phrase, I find one match: http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/paldin-medi-co-c90966.html?sort=rated&page=4 EXACT SAME SCAM from 2 years ago under a different name! In other words, they repeat the same scam over and over again, simply changing their name when people are no longer falling for it.

Legitimate job offers do not require you to send money to get the job, period.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
Advertisement

#44779 by homegt Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:59 pm
I actually got the same email as what most of you have posted.
But this time its not from Centrum Jobs - its from another company
I already received emails from them. latest is below;
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings from the team of Jobs-777!

Via the current letter, we would like to welcome you to the big family of the workers abroad, who have been able, with the decent reward for their work, to earn a better life for themselves and for their family in the conditions of the developed western society!

Through the registration in a serious mediatory agency with traditions like ours, you have made a decisive step to settling to work in the European Union with excellent work conditions and relevant salary.

Our mediatory is free for the applicants but, of course, we have our rules to which we insist to keep. However, you could get general knowledge on what is to happen from now on in a detailed material which you could view here: http://jobs-77.com/mail/1/1ltr.html

Yours faithfully:

Jobs-777 Team

Our e-mail: [email protected]

Our Livechat Customer Support: Mon - Fri (6:30-15:00 London Time):
1. Contact us through yahoo-messenger, our account is: jobabroadhelp
or:
2. Contact us directly: http://jobs-77.com/chat/connectb.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's weird coz everytime I try to reply via their email, Yahoo always block my message saying there was a problem with the recepient. I then decided to check their website >>>>http://www.jobs-77.com

I checked their contacts page and I saw the same address as discussed here in this thread :
Drummond Street, Regent's Place, London NW1

Contact Our Livechat Customer Support
Mon - Fri (6:30-15:00 London Time
):

I then decided the check the place via google map, and was led to this thread.

SO what do you think guys? Did they decided to change names? Or this Jobs777 the legit one? :D
#44782 by Dotti Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:12 pm
Same scam, new name.

Jobs-77.com is four days old.
Updated Date: 16-jan-2011
Creation Date: 14-jan-2011
Expiration Date: 14-jan-2012

jobs777.net is 3 weeks old:
Creation Date........ 2010-12-29
Registration Date.... 2010-12-29
Expiry Date.......... 2011-12-29

Could you post all emails, with headers (delete your own email address)? That can be very helpful to the site killers who will start to work on getting these fakes shut down.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#44785 by homegt Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:53 pm
Its funny... if u check the Terms and Condition on the "NEW" site of jobs77 or jobs777, there is still a mention of centrum jobs :)
-------------

1. The document herein, shortly referred to as Terms and Conditions, regulates the relation between and the rights and obligations of the services user, hereon known as the Applicant, and the services provider, hereon known as the Website. We shall advise you here about the Terms and Conditions to observe when using the Internet website of http://centrumjobs.com/. Please read carefully the text below. In case you do not agree with the Terms and Conditions, mentioned here, do not use the Website and its services. By using this Website you confirm that you agree with its Terms and Conditions. The rules of using the Website are valid for all those users who access it for any reason, as well as for those who refer to it for Internet consultancy.

------------------------------
Honestly, I dont usually respond to this kind of email, however I registered in another legit (I think and hope so) jobs website and when after 2 weeks i got a respond from their adminastrator that a certain company in UK responded to my application. Thats when I thought the succeeding emails would be legitimate. But I usually do my research especially if names/address/details are supplied....

Its not nice to lie to people and put their hopes up :(
#44787 by homegt Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:10 pm
Hi Dotti,

I just received 2 emails to date - one i already pasted on my previous post. Please see below the first email i received from them;

--------------------------------------------
Mon, 1/17/11, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: RE: Adding to contacts
Date: Monday, January 17, 2011, 9:58 AM

Dear Applicant,

You are going to receive various messages from us at different stages of your application, some of which might be of great importance.

Before that, we have to be sure that our messages reach you, by all means. As per our experience sometimes it does not happen.
In case we are sending a long message or one containing attachments. It is often placed in your Spam Folder because of the shortcomings of the spam filter, and in most of the cases it stays unread there!!!

Ultimately, it turns out that you miss your opportunity.

In order to solve this problem, please, add our e-mail ID HYPERLINK "mailto:[email protected]"HYPERLINK "mailto:office12@EuropeEnglanto your E-MAIL address book.

This way our messages will reach your inbox. So please do it immediately! Make sure you are adding particularly our email (and not some other one).

How do I add a contacts to my Address Book?
Where is your e-mail account registered?
Yahoo

Gmail

Hotmail

RediffMail

Our correspondence is really important – from this moment on we are starting a serious and, we hope, successful process of giving currency to your job application.

Yours sincerely,

Jobs-777 team

---------------------------------------
This is the email i got and I have not responded to any of them. Actually I tried, but yahoo keep on rejecting my replies stating the recepient is a spam.
#44831 by Michael Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:29 am
They're a bunch of nasty little buggers. These are the most recent domains currently known:

jobs-77.com (will be reported soon)
jobs-777.com (dead)
jobs777.com (reported)
jobs777.net (reported)

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored
#44898 by ihatescammers Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:59 am
Hello!

First of all I hate scammers for what they did to me. I am indeed glad that you have initiated this website for people who have been victimized by these good for nothing cyber four freaking word in order for us to share our relative experiences in order to warn those people, especially coming from the 3rd world countries, not to trust any transactions that promises a fulfilling future abroad with monetary modus. I came from a 3rd world country thus it is just, I believe normal for me to dream and aspire to work abroad for economic reasons, nonetheless I cannot help but to feel sorry for those people having the same aspirations that I have had for it makes us more susceptible to these scams. I cannot fully encapsulate the disappointment and anger as what centrum jobs and brighccove co did to me. They managed to steal a good deal of money from me because of my naiveness or to put it simply my stupidity. But I see no point in crying over some spilled milk for I have gained a very valuable lesson that made me more vigilant and be on guard in the future. I do hope that these "people" who retire from their busy lives, whether devising a creative and deceptive schemes or laughing their way out as they count the money that was not theirs in the first place, will wound themselves in the bitterness pit of conscience and karma. Good riddance to CENTRUMJOBS AND BRIGHCCOVE CO. May your victims have their last laugh at you.
#44962 by Michael Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:01 am
Short update: JOBS-77.COM is suspended, on the others is still being worked. Please let us know if you find new sites :)

#45741 by chenmackey Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:25 pm
EI GUYZ!!!!
THERE IS THIS ANOTHER SITE AND EMAIL THAT ALSO SENT ME ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT OF MY CASE:
iT'S ALSO THE SAME EMAIL WHAT YOU HAVE THERE. PLEASE HELP!! IT'S <[email protected]> AND WEBSITE IS Scorecareer.com

THIS IS WHAT THEY SENT ME:

Respected Applicant,

We are seriously working on your job application and we are presently making a complete overview of your work potential and qualities as a perspective employee.

The Human Resource department has developed alternative and very beneficial ways to get to know more about your work motivation, attitude to work and work experience.

We must have these important details from you before we proceed and assign particular job opening for you.

Click the link to find more information how to submit these needed details to us: http://scorecareer.com/let/flwrs.html

Yours faithfully:

The Management

ANOTHER MESSAGE FROM THEM!!

We would like to provide additional detailed explanations on the procedure and steps that need to be taken in order for you to be further considered for the job.

Let us first confirm that the procedure is absolutely 100% legal and the goal of the process is for you to potentially be issued work permit, work contract and work visa – the three important documents that are needed for legal work. All this is possible and feasible for you, on condition that you follow our guidance and advice.

The most important points of the process are as follows:

1. There is an employer interested in your application and you are considered for the following job:

Job title: Office Clerk
Start Date for job: Immediately
Wage / Salary per Month:
2 315, converts to 132 645 Philippine pesos
The job is full-time – 40 hours per week
Work Contract length: 2 years, option for renewal for 3 then 5 years
Other Information: This position is Monday to Friday, weekends are non-work days
Benefits by the employer:
Job Location: Dublin, Ireland
Employer: Administrative Support Department at a Top-Ranking Company
- Accommodation within walking distance of the work place /can be shared by your family at no additional cost/
- Meals during work time
- Full Medical Insurance, Retirement Plan
- Plane ticket and visa fees coverage
Other benefits:
- it will allow you to support family members who have accompanied you to Europe

Your chances for the job are estimated as excellent on condition that you prepare and submit the full application set within the deadline. Your chance is minimized to 0% if you do not meet the deadline / read the letter further to get information on your deadline /.

2. The employer needs the following documents from you:

- labor services security number
- work permit form filled with your personal details in the relevant sections
- cover letter
- CV European format

You are responsible to secure ALL of these documents.

The labor services security number would help the employer in the process of legally employing you - as you would already be registered in the lists, the employer will be able to just go in the labor service, point your number and state that he/she would like to hire exactly you. This makes the procedure very simple and completely legal and will also help the employer to present proofs to the authorities why he/she prefers to hire a foreign employee.

Attention: Passport is not a mandatory requirement at this stage, it shall be required later in the process / approximately after one and a half months later/. Now, it is best to concentrate on the preparation of the above-mentioned 4 documents which are of immediate need.

DO YOU THINK THEY ARE ALL THE SAME SCAMMERS? THEIR WEBSITE IS SCORECAREER.COM
#45742 by chenmackey Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:25 pm
EI GUYZ!!!!
THERE IS THIS ANOTHER SITE AND EMAIL THAT ALSO SENT ME ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT OF MY CASE:
iT'S ALSO THE SAME EMAIL WHAT YOU HAVE THERE. PLEASE HELP!! IT'S <[email protected]> AND WEBSITE IS Scorecareer.com

THIS IS WHAT THEY SENT ME:

Respected Applicant,

We are seriously working on your job application and we are presently making a complete overview of your work potential and qualities as a perspective employee.

The Human Resource department has developed alternative and very beneficial ways to get to know more about your work motivation, attitude to work and work experience.

We must have these important details from you before we proceed and assign particular job opening for you.

Click the link to find more information how to submit these needed details to us: http://scorecareer.com/let/flwrs.html

Yours faithfully:

The Management

ANOTHER MESSAGE FROM THEM!!

We would like to provide additional detailed explanations on the procedure and steps that need to be taken in order for you to be further considered for the job.

Let us first confirm that the procedure is absolutely 100% legal and the goal of the process is for you to potentially be issued work permit, work contract and work visa – the three important documents that are needed for legal work. All this is possible and feasible for you, on condition that you follow our guidance and advice.

The most important points of the process are as follows:

1. There is an employer interested in your application and you are considered for the following job:

Job title: Office Clerk
Start Date for job: Immediately
Wage / Salary per Month:
2 315, converts to 132 645 Philippine pesos
The job is full-time – 40 hours per week
Work Contract length: 2 years, option for renewal for 3 then 5 years
Other Information: This position is Monday to Friday, weekends are non-work days
Job Location: Dublin, Ireland
Employer: Administrative Support Department at a Top-Ranking Company
- Accommodation within walking distance of the work place /can be shared by your family at no additional cost/
- Meals during work time
- Full Medical Insurance, Retirement Plan
- Plane ticket and visa fees coverage
Other benefits:
- it will allow you to support family members who have accompanied you to Europe

Your chances for the job are estimated as excellent on condition that you prepare and submit the full application set within the deadline. Your chance is minimized to 0% if you do not meet the deadline / read the letter further to get information on your deadline /.

2. The employer needs the following documents from you:

- labor services security number
- work permit form filled with your personal details in the relevant sections
- cover letter
- CV European format

You are responsible to secure ALL of these documents.

The labor services security number would help the employer in the process of legally employing you - as you would already be registered in the lists, the employer will be able to just go in the labor service, point your number and state that he/she would like to hire exactly you. This makes the procedure very simple and completely legal and will also help the employer to present proofs to the authorities why he/she prefers to hire a foreign employee.

Attention: Passport is not a mandatory requirement at this stage, it shall be required later in the process / approximately after one and a half months later/. Now, it is best to concentrate on the preparation of the above-mentioned 4 documents which are of immediate need.

DO YOU THINK THEY ARE ALL THE SAME SCAMMERS? THEIR WEBSITE IS SCORECAREER.COM
#45743 by Shelby Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:28 pm
What legitimate employer interviews and communicates with potential employees through Yahoo chat or other such services? I'm thinking none. I'm sorry you were scammed - a company by another name tried to scam my mother this same way. I hope your losses were small at least - and thanks for sharing your story.
#45764 by Michael Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:54 pm
hi chenmackey,

could you please provide me the set of headers from that email? If you are unsure about how to find headers or what they are, just tell us which email provider you use and we can explain it to you :)

I will need those headers to get the domain offline. Thanks a lot for posting these mails, they may save many people :D

#45865 by chenmackey Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:32 am
Micheal heres the header of the letter I think they are the same scammers.

Re: Development of Your Case
Mr.Hinckley <[email protected]>
?
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your email.

Your employer refused to file for a work permit since they were asked to pay very high fee in the last moment. However, they will 100 % hire you if you hold valid work permission, that is why we suggest this procedure to you. Since it allows you to work for that employer or any other employer in Europe , you can change employers just as any regular European citizen.

This work permission status will make you independent of a particular employer and let you work for any employer you want.

We would like to briefly explain what needs to be done from here on.

What needs to be done from here on is: obtain a work permission and right of long-term residence in the EU. We recommend you to obtain these through the procedure for obtaining independent economic activity status, which is offered in the EU countries.The documents necessary for an independent economic activity permission application are as follows:

1. Business plan (including economic presentation)
2. National identity number application form
3. Detailed information about you

The documents are relatively complicated because that status gives the right to work under regular work contract and well as develop independent economic activity either. As we have already stated in the letter this status allows you to bring your family with you and they will also have the right to work there legally. They have all the social benefits just like the local ones. Your children have all benefits just like the local children - monthly bonuses, free textbooks, covered expenses for clothes and food, and so on and so on. Moreover, this permission allows you to change your employment without getting back to your country in case you loose your job (as is the case when you are working under regular work permit and it expires).

In this case we suggest that you search for assistance from a specialist. You may search for an agency in your country which provides such service since their charges will probably be lower.

We will also research for some European companies, which deal with such paperwork. In case we find something suitable, we will ask them to e-mail an offer to you. So, follow your email regularly, including your BULK mail folders as messages may land there accidentally.

In all cases we recommend you to get in touch with us again in 2 days in order to discuss what we have found out and how we will proceed.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case you have questions.

yours sincerely
#46668 by concern Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:41 pm
Can you all check this if its scam?

Agencies, able to register you in the work force office:

1. E-mail: filesprocess@ya?hoo.c?om
2. E-mail: [email protected]
3. E-mail: [email protected]
4. E-mail: [email protected]
5. E-mail: [email protected]

We hope that this way you will be able to register at the state work force office successfully in the next few days.

The CV and the Work Permit Form that are due to be submitted to the employer are located at the following link:
http://jobs-77.eu/result.html

If you encounter any difficulties, please, inform us immediately via e-mail.
[email protected]

You may also contact us online at Yahoo-Messenger: euassist or through LIVE CHAT.

We are waiting to hear from you soon!
Best Regards,
Centrum Jobs Team

All are active as of now Feb.16,2011
I want to know if its real.