Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#319957 by NickB268 Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:15 pm
Earlier today while walking across my university campus a young fairly well-dressed guy walks up to me and says he like my coat and asks me where I got it. I tell him I got it in the Netherlands (my university is in Chicago, US) this starts a short conversation which drifts to the whether or not I currently have a job. I said that I do not and he says that he works at an e-commerce company which works with many fortune 500 companies in Chicago and that he may be able to find a position for me. I had already told him I was an architecture major. We exchanged first names and phone numbers and he said he will call me tomorrow to discuss opportunities. Also he never gave me the name of the company. I thought this whole thing was a bit odd and am wondering if it is a scam?
Advertisement

#319966 by AlanJones Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:03 am
It's impossible to tell from the limited information that you've given.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.