Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#331582 by Caitlinwho Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:05 pm
Hi! I'm posting because I'm not sure, but this seems like a scam to me and I can't find any other info online that has this same information.

Over the past few days I've received 3 emails, only one of which I responded to-

1. From [email protected]
Subject: Opening
Body: Hi,

Are you available to work from home?

Regards,
Wes Darr
ExpressPros USA

2. From [email protected]
Subject: Available
Body: Did you receive my email about available position opening?

*I responded to the second email, simply saying "Regarding?"*

3. From [email protected]
Subject: Re:Opening
Body: Thank you for your time and interest in the position of a virtual assistant. Your services will be required to conduct a survey in one of the nearest department or variety store to you. This position is a commission based work from home and also a part-time opening.

To help analyse the ethics, attitude, customer social responsibility and other behavioral of the employees of companies offering products and services in department and variety arms, you will be facilitated with the vital information needed to conduct a successful survey. These survey assignments will be completed at the nearest familiar outlets of stores such as Walmart, CVS etc and each task takes approximately less than thirty minutes and a maximum of an hour, in cases of those who have to drive a few minutes to a mall or outlet.

As part of your first assignment, a packet containing the funds to enable you visit the designated store to you will be mailed to you via regular mail. On your first task, you will earn a commission of two hundred dollars, and on subsequent tasks, you will earn as much as four hundred dollars. The payment to get you started will be made out in your name and authorized in your care, which means unlike completing online surveys and polls, this type of survey involves physical interaction and real-time analysis of product and services in better ways.

Note: Please, confirm that you did receive this message so that we can process funds

that would be sent to you for the first task. It is very easy and simple, as no application fee is required.

To apply, provide the information requested below :

Full Name:
Mailing Address:
City,State,Zip code
Cell Number:
D/O/B:

All other information and instructions will be sent out to you as soon as possible. At the receipt of your response, you will be furnished with more information to aid you with getting started with earning immediately. Your flexibility, prompt response to messaging and availability will be kindly appreciated. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Wes Darr.
xpressPros USA

** I have had my indentity stolen before, so I'm very cautious. I've looked up the business xpressPros USA, the email address and the name Wes Darr and haven't found any corresponding info online.. usually with scams a quick search of an email address makes the scam pretty obvious, but this came up with no results. So, I'm posting here because I'm pretty sure anyone offering what this email offers is probably a scam.. :roll:
Advertisement

#331584 by AlanJones Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:10 pm
It's a definite scam.

The scammer will send you a fake check/money order and tell you to bank it and that your task is to "mystery shop" a money transfer service by sending some of the money to someone else. The check will eventually be discovered to be fake and the money debited from your account, leaving you down the money you sent and facing bank charges and possibly investigation for passing fake checks.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.