Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#333652 by Edgar Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:09 am
I am continuing looking for a job and I came across a job on careerbuilders.com I apply and get an email back from a guy named Charles Powell who says this:
Hello ,

Your interest about the job has been received. This might seem a little different from the position placed on Career Builder. I have an urgent need to replace my Personal Assistant. I really need someone urgently to take up the position as my personal assistant I am looking for a friendly, simple & trustworthy personal office assistant, this is intended to be a long term/permanent job depending on what your schedule looks like but I'd love to be sure if you are available right away.

The hours will be between 4-5 hours daily which can be increased after your first week of start-up. This position allows you opportunity to take on a second job, thereby increasing your income, but for full time it is 8 hours daily. Below are the job descriptions;

Your Duties:

*General work

*process mails

*Data entry

*Receive calls

*Book appointments & reservation

*Shopping, etc, or any other reasonable duty will be allocated to you.

My name is Charles Powell, I recently set up my company Creative World LLC, the website is http://www.creativeworldllc.com which is at it's finishing stage but you can check it out. We are a recruitment company. Through our large national network of clients, CW offers you a wide range of attractive permanent job opportunities with leading US based businesses. At no charge to you, we accompany you through the entire recruitment process, including preparation for the job search, assistance during the interview and salary negotiations. I also have a personal hobby of dealing in Artifacts, antiques and materials from ancient cities, I get involved in several art businesses in the States & Canada. I'm mostly very occupied, therefore it is imperative for me to have a worthy personal assistant.

Due to the nature of my job, I am a frequent traveler so I need an assistant to handle my schedules when I'm busy. I'll need you to start immediately, you will be properly briefed & given a comprehensive instruction via email or phone for every duty. This process will be on-going till I'm back, I will meet up with you when I return. Kindly Let me know if you're still interested as I'm offering $30 hourly with a reasonable start-up bonus, I want you to answer this brief questionnaire below, Please answer them to the best of your knowledge.

* Have you ever worked as a personal assistant before?

* Will you be taking this as a primary Job?

* If you want to make this your secondary job (How many Hours does

your primary job take? )

* Do you have professional reference?

* How many hours are you wiling to devote to work for me?

* What do you understand by privacy & Code of Conduct?

* Explain petty cash transactions?

* Tell me a little about yourself?

* Are you willing to give your best shot at working with me?

I will be expecting your prompt response.

Sincerely,

Charles Powell.

I reply to him with the answers and this is the email header for this email. quote="ipTRACKERonline.com"]Header Analysis Quick Report
Originating IP: 105.112.22.11
Originating ISP: Celtel Nigeria Limited T.a Zain
City: n/a
Country of Origin: Nigeria
* For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline[/quote]

So far I don't have any reason to believe this job is fake. Then I get the second email..
Congratulations Edgar,

Good to get your response, after the review and consideration of your answers to the questionnaire your application is successful and i wish to congratulate you on the new job as my personal assistant. I will be in town in 2 weeks & we'll set-up an appointment to meet so you can
sign your employment paperwork.

I will provide you with the equipment you'll be working with and it will come with internet facilities. You'll also be given a start-up bonus (supplies etc.) for this job which will be included in the
funds you will receive for the equipment.

Every instruction will be given to you on what to do with the equipment immediately you receive them, here is the list of the
equipment that will be shipped for work purpose;

EQUIPMENT:
The Following would be shipped to you by my agent to facilitate your work & duties with me
* HP business machine Notebook Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPUT2330
@1.60GHz 1.60GHz
* Portable All-in-one Printer, Scanner & Fax machine
* Laptop hard-case
* Kasper sky Internet Security application installed on the Laptop

I will also provide you with the funds to handle the shipping cost of the above equipment to you so you don't have to use your personal funds. Working for me with the provided equipment is very necessary
because there is a wide range of software installed on the system to protect data, enhance ease duty, as well as speed and accuracy of any work you're doing on it. The special features also calculates the
number of hours you work daily so that I can ascertain the bonuses that will be given to you at the end of every month.

Please provide answers to the following schedule.
1. How many hours are you willing to Work per day?
2. What time range? If you wish to work more than 5 Hours per Day,
then let me know.
3. Payroll Interval? ( Weekly or Bi-weekly )

IMPORTANT : Kindly provide your Name, address & phone # for payroll
purpose and your start-up bonus.

FULL NAME:
ADDRESS(Apt #):
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
CELL PHONE#:

I will be awaiting for your prompt response, I look forward to a great
working relationship with you.

Sincerely,
Charles Powell.

Seems too good to be true now and I am more cautious and more suspicious about this job.

Here is the 2nd email header things
ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:Header Analysis Quick Report
Originating IP: 41.58.80.151
Originating ISP: Swiftng-asn
City: Lagos
* For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline

What do you guys think? Is this a scam? Should I contact the website he linked me to and ask them about this Charles Powell guy?

Thanks,

Edgar
Advertisement

#333655 by Bryon Williams Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:26 am
^^^^ You know it is a scam.

Quit wasting our time responding to you.

We have victims/potential victims that need our time.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#333656 by Edgar Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:32 am
Just confirming my suspicions and wanted a second opinion from experts I don't wanna lost a potential job. I'm not trying to waste anyone's time. You don't have to be so rude about it. Thank you for responding anyways...
#333658 by Bryon Williams Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:42 am
You have been advised about job scams.

I'm not trying to waste anyone's time. You don't have to be so rude about it.

If you do not do an interview in person consider it a scam.

We can not check every fake job you get online.

To reinstate your status here contact me at [email protected]

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#333663 by Bryon Williams Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:04 am
Be real. You know it is a scam.

Edgar wrote:
Header Analysis Quick Report[/u]
Originating IP: 105.112.22.11
Originating ISP: Celtel Nigeria Limited T.a Zain

Working at home. Only scammers think of this.
I will meet up with you when I return. Kindly Let me know if you're still interested as I'm offering $30 hourly with a reasonable start-up bonus

#333738 by rtwid Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:22 pm
I received the same email. The immediate response of congratulating me on my new position was the red flag I needed to realize it was a scam. Thanks for posting your experience, good to see this out there for others that might be searching for confirmation.
#334694 by Vendros Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:14 pm
Now it looks like a different name is being used inside of this email. I actually received a check, with a minor typo on it, for 3100 bucks.

here is the header info for it:

BBCode to copy and paste into a forum.
ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:Header Analysis Quick Report
Originating IP: 209.85.214.50
Originating ISP: Google Inc.
Country of Origin: United States

Copy To Clipboard

Email header analysis report
All valid IP Addresses found in the header.
Ip Address 3rd Party Info Provider City Flag Country
* 209.85.214.50 Check 209.85.214.50 at Senderbase.org Check 209.85.214.50 at Reputationauthority.org á n/a United States
162.213.255.17 Check 162.213.255.17 at Senderbase.org Check 162.213.255.17 at Reputationauthority.org á Los Angeles United States
*Probable originating IP address

Header Analysis
Originating Info
Originating IP address

Originating hostname

mail-it0-f50.google.com
Originating Organization

Google Inc.
Originating Country

United States
Originating City

n/a

Email info
From

Rick Lane <[email protected]>
Originating Email address

[email protected]
Subject

Re: New Candidate: Amber Vaughan for 'Customer Service Representative'
Date Sent

Wed, 12 Jul 2017 21:05:18 +0100
Message ID

Geographical Info
Continent

North America
Latitude

Longitude

Time zone

n/a
GMT offset

n/a
Google Map for 209.85.214.50
n/a, United States

one lands in the middle of a lake near pretty prairie texas, the other lands in west LA, so i am definitely NOT cashing this check, or if I do, i am not using my bank to do so.
I am gonna scam the scammers!
IF it gets cashed, i will tell them the check was confiscated by my banking institution, and that they will now be on the scam list!
What do you guys think?

Rick Lane <[email protected]>
Jul 12 (10 days ago)

to me
Your interest about the job has been received. This might seem a little different from the position placed on (ZIP RECRUITER). I have an urgent need to replace my Personal Assistant. I really need someone urgently to take up the position as my personal assistant I am looking for a friendly, simple & trustworthy personal office assistant, this is intended to be a long term/permanent job depending on what your schedule looks like but I'd love to be sure if you are available right away.

The hours will be between 4-5 hours daily which can be increased after your first week of start-up. This position allows you opportunity to take on a second job, thereby increasing your income, but for full time it is 8 hours daily. Below are the job descriptions;

Your Duties:
*General work
*process mails
*Data entry
*Receive calls
*Book appointments & reservation
*Shopping, etc, or any other reasonable duty will be allocated to you.

My name is Rick Lane, I recently set up my company Creative World LLC, the website is http://www.creativeworldllc.com which is at it's finishing stage but you can check it out. We are a recruitment company. Through our large national network of clients, CW offers you a wide range of attractive permanent job opportunities with leading US based businesses. At no charge to you, we accompany you through the entire recruitment process, including preparation for the job search, assistance during the interview and salary negotiations. I also have a personal hobby of dealing in Artifacts, antiques and materials from ancient cities, I get involved in several art businesses in the States & Canada. I'm mostly very occupied, therefore it is imperative for me to have a worthy personal assistant.

Due to the nature of my job, I am a frequent traveler so I need an assistant to handle my schedules when I'm busy. I'll need you to start immediately, you will be properly briefed & given a comprehensive instruction via email or phone for every duty. This process will be on-going till I'm back, I will meet up with you when I return. Kindly Let me know if you're still interested as I'm offering $30 hourly with a reasonable start-up bonus, I want you to answer this brief questionnaire below, Please answer them to the best of your knowledge.

* Have you ever worked as a personal assistant before?
* Will you be taking this as a primary Job?
* If you want to make this your secondary job (How many Hours does
your primary job take? )
* Do you have professional reference?
* How many hours are you wiling to devote to work for me?
* What do you understand by privacy & Code of Conduct?
* Explain petty cash transactions?
* Tell me a little about yourself?
* Are you willing to give your best shot at working with me?

I will be expecting your prompt response.

Sincerely,

Rick Lane.

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 10:45 PM, ZipRecruiter <[email protected]> wrote:
ZipRecruiter
Sign In
Amber Vaughan has applied to your job posted through ZipRecruiter.
General Info
Name:
Amber Vaughan
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (469) 464-7548
Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Job Location: Dallas, TX
Hiring Company: Queens Furniture
Source: ZipRecruiter Job Boards
View Full Application
View All Candidates (164)
----- Rate this candidate: -----
Thumbs Down
Unsure
Thumbs Up
Hide candidate
Previous Job
(No title)
May, 2015 — February, 2016 (9 months)

View full resume
Cover Letter
Candidate has not included a cover letter at this time.
Amber Vaughan applied via mobile device. Request a resume from the candidate page.
Did you know you can get $100 or more off your next renewal?
Get a $100 credit towards your ZipRecruiter subscription for every new subscriber you refer.
Invite your friends and get credit!

To no longer receive new candidate emails for this job, unsubscribe.

ZipRecruiter, Inc. © All Rights Reserved Worldwide
ZipRecruiter LinkedIn Facebook Twitter
#334727 by vonpaso xlura Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:08 am
DO NOT scam the scammers. If the check arrived by US mail, take it, still in its envelope, to the postal inspector. The person who sent it to you is another victim of the scam. Then cut off all communication with the scammers and don't tell them why.

creativeworldllc.com is in the process of being reported for fraud.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10