Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#334794 by Pinkerton1 Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:52 pm
Dear David,

Thank you for sending in your message. I have a vacant position for my Personal Assistant available. Firstly, there is no traveling involved in this position. I am from the States but currently in Canada working with Coastal Steel Construction Limited as Financial Partner, I have been working with them for 8 years now and they make lots of supplies to some of our clients in the USA, Canada and Asia for which I do come to and fro to receive payments via cashier's check and US money orders from buyers and have it cashed after we supply them raw materials. Its very expensive and stressful for me to come down and receive such payment twice every month so I thought it would be best to have someone to do this on my behalf while I try to save cost and travelling expenses.

This job is flexible for now due to my frequent travels with little or no experience required. I will provide clear set of instructions for each errand I need done and enough funds to cover all assignment that will be given to you. I am willing to pay you 10% of every payment you receive from our clients. The payments would come to you in small amount or more depending on the supplies needed to be made and it would come twice a week. You are to deduct your 10% out of each amount you get, and send the remaining funds to any of our regional managers info that will be given to you later.

You will work at your convenient time starting from 12:00pm till 4:00pm, (Monday to Friday) on a salary of 10%, with bonuses for success.

If you are interested, kindly get back to me as soon as possible with your details below and we'll move from there.

Full Name:
Full Address(NOT PO BOX):
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Cell Phone:

ATTESTATION!!!

According to how you have been briefed earlier, you are required and mandated to receive payment on behalf of the below mentioned firm and you are to deduct 10% of all funds processed on a particular order and forward the balance payment to any of Coastal Steel Construction Limited regional warehouses that will be given to you later. You will notify the company a week ahead if eventually you want to discontinue this job so as to terminate all payment coming your way to avoid conflict...

I would await your confirmation response.

Thanks,
John Hoffman
Advertisement

#334797 by Mike Wilson Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:54 pm
Hello Pinkerton1,
This is 100% a scam. The criminal wants you to receive money from his other victims and then send him 90% of the money to him. In simple terms this is money laundering and the best thing to do now is to stop all contact with this criminal.
Do not tell him that you know it is a scam, just go silent and let him wonder what went wrong.

Please post the email address the scammer is using.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon