Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#335422 by Jaycee97 Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:34 pm
Another Scam (i've come across while looking for a job)

[email protected]

Hello Applicant,
The Post you are applying for has been giving to someone else but However, I have another offer for you if you might be interested...This is just a way to make extra money without affecting your current job..I have a house that I want to clean up asap area your area. The house is a two bedroom unfurnished apartment. My accountant will be responsible for handling the payment. I will like you to know that you will be responsible for general cleaning of hallways (dusting, vacuuming, and mopping), doors, windows, pick up trash in common areas, sweeping and changing light bulbs etc. Must be able to climb a ladder and lift up to 25 lbs. I'll proceed in issuing a Check out to you and when you received the check and have it deposited in your bank, you can start cleaning immediately. The payment will be mail out to you and I will send you the FedEx/USPS tracking number to check the estimated delivery time and I will be paying you $500.

Meanwhile, I will be needing your trust and favor, I have made arrangements with a mover who will manage me a low price shipping for all my furniture and other consignments prior to my arrival, therefore I will be sending you a check of ($2900), so you will take out your $500 and help me send the rest $2,400 to the movers once the check clears. So get back to me with below details asap, so that I can put the check in the mail and further instructions shall be given once you receive the check.

First name.........
Last name......
Address Line 1......
Apt # if there is any......
City........
State..........
Zip/Postal code.....
Age......
Home phone....
Cell phone....
Occupation....
Bank name/Financial institution name that check will be deposited...

And as soon as this is provided, the payment will be mail out to you and I will let you know when it's mailed out. The keys of the house and the address is already with the painter and he will update you as soon as the funds are sent to movers strongly believe you will enjoy working with me.

Thanks,
Julia

100% SCAM (TOO SKETCHY MAKES ME ITCHY)
Advertisement

#335429 by Mike Wilson Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:59 pm
The check will be forged or stolen and if deposited you would become liable for the full amount of the check once your bank discovers the fraud.

Thank you for posting this information.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon