Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#340744 by Sandythescamslayer Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:59 am
Hi all,

This scammer was posting scam jobs. He's also using the email: [email protected].

Some deets:
- He's currently going by the name Marc Harvey and says he's a business development manager with Uber.
- He claims he's in Scotland.
- After I refused to open a bank account and let him have access to it, he attempted to get me to wire him money to pay for something for him and saying he'll reimburse me with a check.

I replied to his job and got these messages:

Hi
I received your mail and it was nice to read from you. From your maill and your proper expression of your words, i would want to give you the opportunity to start this job. I sincerely hope it wont be an error, I'll be using the next couple of days to test your efficiency and diligence towards this assignment also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job, I'm confident you can take up the challenge and in the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us.
I hope we can get a head start with things as soon as possible.I have had to put a hold on a lot and i would appreciate it if you can be available for me immediately. I do have a couple of urgent tasks for you which will include you disbursing payments and paying bills on my behalf.
To achieve this you might have to open a bank account with a bank i might specify or receive checks,in order to facilitate smooth running of affairs and payment of your weekly wage.
Thanks and best regards as you get back to me as soon as you can.
regards

I am happy i made a right choice with you,i appreciate your promptness and eagerness to work,am positive have not made a wrong choice with you,so it's official now that you are my personal assistant.I have to start directing duties your way as am getting lots of requests from intending participants.
first thing first i would like you to open an account with any of the under listed banks as soon as possible and if you by chance have an account with any of them let me know

1.Chase ‎ or

2. ‎Regions bank

3. TD Bank

Please choose from any of the banks listed above and consider proximity and easy access for you,also i will appreciate if you get the online access for the account set up so we can both monitor transactions on the account.
Thanks for offering to work with me,i look forward to a positive update from you in respect of the banks.
regards

Remember friends:

- Interviews through Google hangout chat are more often than not fraud
    - Ask for an email from the corp domain or ask to call their corporate number if you're in doubt
    - If they email you from a domain that seems corporate, use Who.is to check when it was created. Be weary of newer domains. If they just give you a link to a website, don't automatically believe it's their website! Anyone can send you any link.
    - Don't ever pay anything for a job!
    - Don't cash checks that you receive from strangers!
    - Don't give out your personal information via email/hangouts/phone.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotations.
Advertisement