Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#340746 by Sandythescamslayer Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:14 am
I replied to a scam job that this scammer posted and this was his response:

I am available now to proceed with the briefings, Also download the hangouts app from you app store i.e for smart phone and for PC you can download one from the gmail webpage http://www.google.com/hangouts to download the app and let me know once done okay?

I told him I already have Hangouts, and he said:

Okay I need you to add the Hiring Manager now and also send him a message on Gmail Hangout on this ID ( [email protected] ) and here is your verification code for these interview ABB#00027773 and let me know once you are done adding Him by saying am done ..Okay?

He took me through a whole really weird interview. Here are some chunks, I have the full transcript if anyone wants to see more:

My name is Oliver Spencer and am one of Perficient, Inc. hiring managers. I'm 52 years old originally from Brooklyn New York, but I currently live in Asheville, NC. I received my B.S. in Marketing Communications from Emerson College. I also have a double concentration in Journalism and Visual Arts as well as my A.S. in Advertising Communications which I received from Johnson & Wales University in Providence, RI. i would like you to Please introduce yourself indicating your full name, sex and where you are currently located ?
Very good. This is strictly an online and work from home position, were all duties are performed remotely online, working hours are flexible and you can choose to work from anywhere of your choice, the pay is $35 per hour, working 40 to 45 hours weekly, if you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor. Another benefit of working from home, it allows an employee to focus in their environment, without the unnecessary office squander.

The software vendor will be responsible for installing the software and any updates and patches. they will also need to perform manual data

You will get started with work ASAP,The company will provide you a free Hp laptop with a fast internet connection and your W4 form will be coming along with the working materials you need to start working with,you are to purchase all your materials from a certified vendor we have been patronizing for years now. You will receive a paycheck for the purchase of the working materials,the company's accounting dept will issue the check and have it sent to your house ,they will have it sent to the address you have just provided so i suppose the name you provided is same on your bank info....?

Remember friends:

- Interviews through Google hangout chat are more often than not fraud
- Ask for an email from the corp domain or ask to call their corporate number if you're in doubt
- If they email you from a domain that seems corporate, use Who.is to check when it was created. Be weary of newer domains. If they just give you a link to a website, don't automatically believe it's their website! Anyone can send you any link.
- Don't ever pay anything for a job!
- Don't cash checks that you receive from strangers!
- Don't give out your personal information via email/hangouts/phone.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Advertisement