Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#347587 by sally2017 Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:24 am
Hello, recently i got an internship offer from MaerskOil in UK. I have applied for it at GlobalInternships webpage. They asked for my CV, reference letters and scanned copy of passport (i know stupid of me). I did send everything however when i reached out to the main HQ of the company they said they havent sent pout any employment offer to me. I wonder what the scammers can do with my passport? They havent asked for any bank acc details or driving license. Please let me know what they can do with a scanned copy of my passport...
Sally
Advertisement

#347588 by Tim Atem Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:15 am
I'm sorry this happened to you. You need to contact your country's agency that issued you the passport and report it as stolen so that they can issue you a new one. There's not much the scammers can do with your passport, but they may use it as their own identity with other victims.

Please post the emails you received with your personal information removed. Be sure to include any email addresses and phone numbers they are using.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5