Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#45294 by Xena Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:10 pm
I have a question about posting a resume on a legit employment website. I have my resume available on Monster/HotJobs.com, and I think my information may have been picked up by a few scammers (though I think most of the scam e-mails I've received lately were connected to Craigslist employment ads I answered). I'd like to make my information available to legitimate employers; what's the best way to go about this?
Advertisement

#45598 by began steele Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:30 am
Craigslist is notorious for scams. Anywhere you publish contact information is likely to attract scammers.. Best is to use a dedicated email account with no use aside from receiving queries. You never answer scammer messages or have an out of office automatic reply switched on, and so you are not going to get a continued attention, scammers will just move on, because they are only phishing.
I suggest you take a look at the website LINKEDIN http://www.linkedin.com/home?trk=hb_home , full use demands paying something to contact out, but I am not sure about in mail from paid members, which can be internal to site. I have information there and have had no problems.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.