Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#355779 by dragisa.popovic77 Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:13 am
Hello,
maybe this is just a paranoid post but after applying for a job at Centrica i have gotten this mail:

HR Centrica <[email protected]>
Dear XXX,
It is my greatest pleasure to inform you that you have been short-listed for an interview in our London, UK office. Please go through the attached documents for further details of interview, and also details of your travel arrangements.

We look forward to your confirmation of the scheduled job interview appointment soon, and also look forward to seeing you in London.

Yours Sincerely,
Mike Young
Group Chief Information Officer
Centrica Plc, UK

In attached documents there was a contact from a travel agency. I have contacted this agency and gotten this mail:

ATTN: XXX
Welcome to Legacy Travels and Logistics. We confirm the receipt of your mail and the content has been noted.
Your flight ticket and hotel booking will be handle by us, our immigration team will assist you in getting a Visa if you require one.
We will also make arrangement for your pick-up from the airport to your Hotel and vice versa, and also to interview venue.
Please download the attached documents, fill the applicable, scan and send back to me as soon as possible to enable us proceed with your travel arrangement.
I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

Mr. Carlos Gillman
(Travel and Visa facilitation Officer)
Legacy Travels & Logistics
Tel: +44 744 1394 057
Fax : +44(845) 874 2051
Email: [email protected]

In attached letter they wanted me to send advance payment of 1000 GBP to a specific person via Money Gram Transfer or Western Union at an address Chalk Farm Road, London NW1 8AH, United Kingdom and it made me a bit suspicious, since i cant find this travel agency on web. Is it legit or a scam?
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by AlanJones on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal details and added quotes for clarity
Advertisement

#355781 by Troy Platt Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:18 am
Both http://legacytravellogistics.com and www.careers-centrica.com (the sites that emailed you) are websites set up for email only with no actual content. Real businesses have real websites their customers can visit.

These are scams. A real employer would not ask you to send them money for travel.

Google is your friend!

Every email I've posted is a scam. Contacting the email addresses associated with my posts may lead to a loss of money for you. Do not let the scammers know they are posted here!
#355784 by Mike Wilson Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:34 am
The best thing to do now is it block or ignore all emails and telephone calls from this scam. Just go silent without telling them that you know it is a scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#355965 by Photosensitive Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:48 pm
You should inform Centrica.

Is it coincidence that you apply to Centrica and then are approached by scammers pretending to be Centrica?