Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#356526 by Not that guy Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:02 pm
I was contacted via email through Indeed, the jop search site for a position to collect past due invoices. The person that contacted me was James Boulis. After some back and forth they offered me a job as a Business Representative...contract position, with a $3500/mo + 5% of past due on $1.8M invoices. I did some digging and initially thought this was a valid position. Here is the run down:
-The email domain from his email was very close to the real domain of the company: scamer was @sypgglass.com vs the real company was @sypglass.com based on the web site. Note the the scam domain actually matches the acronym for the real company.
-I put both domains in my browser and ended up at the same place.
Sounds legit right?
-Then I looked up James Boulis on linked in. Not there, but even though this was a $450m/y company, only 32 employees on linked in. Most are in chinese characters.
-I called the number from his email and left a message but continued to correspond via email for a couple of days.
-Still not sure, I looked up the two domains, the scammer domain was created 20 days ago, vs the othe was older and had the company info in the billing sections.

I am pretty sure this is a scam, but I must say it is a very good one. It had me duped for a short while.
Advertisement

#358394 by Scamless Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:14 am
I received an email from Brad Morford claiming to be from Apex Systems, a staffing company working on behalf of sypglass. Followed by an email 3 days later from a George Meng in financial services at sypglass . Like you said it all lookedt legit but smelled real funny. The same offer as you described but $980,000 in collections.
#358401 by Mike Wilson Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:45 am
Hello and welcome to Scamwarners.
Please post a copy of the email the describes the position being offered.

Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#358600 by Renekton Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:31 pm
Scamless wrote:I received an email from Brad Morford claiming to be from Apex Systems, a staffing company working on behalf of sypglass. Followed by an email 3 days later from a George Meng in financial services at sypglass . Like you said it all lookedt legit but smelled real funny. The same offer as you described but $980,000 in collections.

Any update on this? I received the exact same offer from the exact same people.
#358601 by Bryon Williams Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:33 pm
Hello and welcome to Scamwarners.

Please post a copy of the email the describes the position being offered. Along with email address.

Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#358702 by Troyapaterson Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:01 pm
Yeah I’m dealing with them now. Have seen the contract. They have said my monthly contract fee will be wired. I am assuming this is when they ask me to send them money first. Also I am to have the payments made to me and forward the funds less 5%. Guessing said check will bounce. Will update you when the reach back out.