Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#365379 by OddOrbit Wed May 23, 2018 10:38 am
I received an email out of no where telling me they saw my work experience. ( I have none never had a job in my life) Yet i am looking for work atm and have been applying to some places so i am intrigued but also unsure of this email. Any help would be appreciated.

Header: Dear , SY-3706751979
Email: [email protected]
Body: We saw your work experience and Our HR managers would like to ask you to submit an application for a position with our company.
The position is for a Warehouse manager.

The job offer duties are:

• Accepting and distributing parcels
• Creating reports daily
• Documenting information about mail
• Checking orders to determine if they are intact.

Job stipulations

• Focused on goals
• Positive and helpful
• Dependable
• Basic skills using Adobe Acrobat Reader and Microsoft Office
• Physically able to carry packages weighing less than 30 pounds

Our company’s goal is to strive for consumer happiness. You have to accept a parcel, check it, determine that it is undamaged. Then, the package shall be forwarded on to the consumer.

If you desire to apply, please reply to this invitation. Human Resources will be in contact with you quickly in order to schedule a meeting to fulfill this vacancy.
Advertisement

#365380 by AlanJones Wed May 23, 2018 10:52 am
OddOrbit wrote:You have to accept a parcel, check it, determine that it is undamaged. Then, the package shall be forwarded on to the consumer.

It's a scam. The scammer wants you to receive packages and mail them on (most likely overseas). The goods will have been paid for using compromised credit cards and when the owner of the card complains about the fraudulent charges, the only details the merchant will have will be yours.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#365381 by Lewis1932 Wed May 23, 2018 11:03 am
Might be linked. In 2012, SCAMWARNERS forum users posted details of what looked like a dodgy email from a [email protected]. In essence, it looked like a number of people received emails (one with a job offer) and the risk may have been to do with fraudulent cheques.
Last edited by AlanJones on Wed May 23, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed link to totally unrelated scam
#365383 by AlanJones Wed May 23, 2018 11:29 am
theplate.com is a domain used for free email addresses, just like gmail, AOL, Yahoo, etc. The likelihood of this email being connected to one from 6 years ago is extremely remote and this scam has nothing to do with fake cheques. As I said before, the scammer will ask the victim to receive and mail on packages for him.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.