Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#369164 by Angela-F Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:45 am
I've been registered on job boards and receive many emails and I almost fell for this one:
"Business Title: Quality Controller.

Enterprise: Amazon Corporate LLC.
Business Sphere: Quality Compliance Inspection.

Proposed Salary: $60000 per year.

Available period: 07/09/2018 - 07/31/2018.

Travel: None.

Job Summary:
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, we've been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren't content with just standing still.
We're aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth. To help everyone play their part, we're looking for an innovative, data-driven, and above all customer-focused Quality Controller.

Duties and Responsibilities:
You will accept the goods that will be directed right to your home, inspect them for accuracy, ensure the orders correspond with clients' requests and provide us with all detailed information on the accepted products.
We will verify the seller and provide you with the data for further shipment logistics. Then you will ship the packages to the specified Amazon warehouses.
It is a great chance for you to become a member of our team of professionals and to stop the increase of unscrupulous sellers.

Qualifications:
Ability to take initiative and multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Good computer skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.

Perks:
Medical, dental, 401K, education assistance, and more.

Why Work With Us?

This job opportunity gives you the chance to plan your day as you wish and earn money.
You are to work right in your house not more than 1-2 hours daily.
You don't have to commute to office.
There is no strict working hours.

If you are looking for an exciting career opportunity, please send your resume to this e-mail.

Kind Regards,
Maxine Henderson."
---
It looked strange so I googled it and am glad I found this site! This looks more sophisticated than the ones I found referenced here so thought I would post it. Thanks for warning me!!!
The email address is:
Reply to: Maxine Henderson [email protected]
Advertisement

#369170 by Photosensitive Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:53 am
Well spotted, and thanks for reporting this.

Yes, this is recruiting for a reshipping scam.

The email is nonsense:
There is no possible reason for Amazon having stuff sent to your personal address just for you to, "ship the packages to the specified Amazon warehouses"

You would simply be forwarding stolen goods. The thief gives your address when using fake information when buying online. You forward the stolen goods to the thief. They disappear; you are left holding the baby.

The email addresses are both free addresses. Why would Amazon use them, they have more email servers than you can shake a stick at!