Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#370027 by Johba Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:41 am
Please assist with advices, there were positions that were advertised with 31st July as the closing date. I applied via email, [email protected]. After a week there was an email with P11 form with UN emblem including interview form. I completed the forms and sent back and after about a week a medical form has been sent that I should fill it in and send back. I am now getting suspicious though they have not yet requested any funds. I have not yet given anything associated to funds or bank accounts. Out of suspicion I have reported this on UN recruitment site and still awaiting feed-back. Please help is this legit or it is another scam? below is the last bit of how to apply as per the advert

HOW TO APPLY
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in
any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. (Charter of the
United Nations - Chapter 3, article 8).
This is an online recruitment process, applications are pre-screened by the system according to the
published requirements of the job opening on the basis of the information provided in the
application. In relation to the requirements of the job opening, applicants must provide
information pertaining to their qualifications, including their education, and work experience. Each
applicant must bear in mind that submission of incomplete or inaccurate applications may render
that applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening
Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subjected to a reference-checking
process to verify the information provided in the application. Interested and qualified applicants
should send their detailed Resumes/Cvs to [email protected] on or before 31st of July 2018.
Advertisement

#370028 by AlanJones Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:12 am
It's a scam. The domain un-crd.org is fake and was registered at the start of June by someone using a privacy service to hide their identity.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#370030 by Johba Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:18 am
Thank you for heads up! Noted
#372391 by ADENIYI AFOLABI Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:24 pm
Good Day all... i'm also a victim of this fake job advertisement from persons posing as UNCRD Officials. I even went as far as getting employment offer and engagement forms.

I discovered after that it had been fake all along. No amount of money has been requested nor information on bank accounts but i only fear the extent of personal information i have shared with them as i may be exposed to dangers of identity theft. To be honest the mails and documents prepared were very well composed and structured and made to look official. Almost unbelievable that it could be fake.

Documents given were (Employment Offer, UN Oath / Declaration, Agreement form, UN guidlines / Regulation and Salary Calculation. I only wonder how much info of the UN they have to prepare such documents.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards
#372394 by AlanJones Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:33 pm
ADENIYI AFOLABI wrote:i only fear the extent of personal information i have shared with them as i may be exposed to dangers of identity theft.

If you sent any ID documents then contact the departments that issued them and advise them that they were given to scammers.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.