Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#372852 by dimalaks Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:42 am
I'm a newbie in a freelance job site where someone messaged me that I was picked up for a particular job and asked me to e-mail some details to [email protected]. Suddenly the account was closed (in the freelance website) but the e-mail continues and this was the latest one:

Dear K, welcome to the team!

Thanks for the prompt response. Our MOTTO usually encourages our freelancers to "NEVER COMPROMISE QUALITY OVER QUANTITY". The rates depend on the quality of your work. Serious freelancers earn up to €180 a Day. Below are the jobs available on our site;

1. Data Entry – €12 – €25 per hour

2. Typing – €12 – €25 per hour

3. PDF to MS Word - €12 – €25 per hour

4. Form Filling – €12 – €25 per hour

5. English Typing of 300-A4 – €14 – €27 per hour

5. Copy and Paste – €10 – €20 per hour

6. Photo Posting – €10 – €20 per hour

7. Video Posting – €10 – €20 per hour

8. Virtual Assistant – €25 – €40 per hour

9. Articles – €10/500 Words

10. Article Rewriting – €4/500 Words

11. Web Design €25-€40 per hour

However, before you can access the jobs and start working on the above projects and many more, you will first have to purchase your Workstation that will have a Username and Password to enable you login to your workstation and access the jobs.

This also ensures that we only deal with serious freelancers and keep away spam freelancers.

To purchase your workstation, you will be required to make a one time refundable fee of EUR 12.99€ to Skrill.

If interested in purchasing Workstation kindly follow the below procedures;

1. Skrill users, kindly send the EUR 12.99€ to [email protected]

2. Once your account is activated, you will be able to login and start working immediately. You will only be needed to choose the jobs you can handle, there will be no bidding or application for jobs.

60% Upfront Payment will be created before start of any work. Unlike other freelancing sites, we allow you to withdraw your earnings on a daily basis, from your first day of work, without any delays or limitations.

Our Payment gateways will allow you to withdraw your earnings to your PayPal, Skrill Moneybookers, Payza, e-wallet, e-money, Mastercard, Visa, Western Union, WebMoney, Netteller and Moneygram accounts.

You will always receive 24 hour Live Support while working.

Sounds too good to be true. I am about to send the "fee" so I felt like I need to do some research about it. *My currency is Philippine Peso. TIA! :oh-joy:
Advertisement

#372853 by AlanJones Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:47 am
It's a scam, you should never have to pay to work.

Also, legitimate businesses operating on the freelance sites don't just ask you to operate outside of the website and then disappear from it. They will stay on the site and pay you through it, that is how the sites are set up.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#372858 by dimalaks Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:19 pm
Thanks for that! :D Too bad I have paid one already before this realization and research (almost double the cost @ $26), via PayPal. Although, I was able to immediately file dispute case against the transaction before the hoodlum from India was able to withdraw it. Scumbags are everywhere! :roll: