Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#375338 by tonlymutan Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:05 pm
Hi ALL !

I received an email last Dec. 29, 2016. I answered his email Jan. 8, 2017. He introduced himself as Andre Ricardo as Project Manager in Exxon Mobil, a reputable oil company in UK. He offered me a job as a Private Teacher for his 5 year's old daughter Angelito with 2000GBP a week. To cut the long story short, I accepted the offer because of its good compensation and he told me I can bring my family with me if I wish to and he will take care all the expenses except the Applicant Travel Allowance(ATA) amounting 1000GBP and another 750 for my every dependent who will come with me in UK. I filled out the Application for United Kingdom Entry Clearance with my photo and signature. He gave me a call last Jan. 13 instructing me to follow the directions that the UK Border Agency sent me. On that day, I renewed my passport so that I can send them a copy of my latest passport, the completed form except a copy of deposit slip because I don't have such amount yet. I have been skeptical and worried that it might be a scam until I read some of the post with almost the same case of mine. So, is this another scam from UK Border Agency? Is this agency a legitimate? does it exist? Please...enlighten my mind!!! Thank you.
Advertisement

#375339 by AlanJones Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:39 pm
Please post the email addresses used by both Andre Ricardo and the UK Border Agency.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#375593 by Photosensitive Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:47 pm
A simple Google search will tell you that
The UK Border Agency was the border control agency of the Government of the United Kingdom and part of the Home Office that was superseded by UK Visas and Immigration, UK Border Force and Immigration Enforcement in April 2013.
(Wikipedia)

Go to UK Visas and Immigration at
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... mmigration

All UK government websites and email addresses end with .gov.uk
anything else is a scam

Exxon Mobil advertise jobs here: https://jobs.exxonmobil.com
no doubt there will be a contact email to check out your man.

Plus, you know that it is a scam when they want payment by western union or similar money transfer.

Exxon Mobil email scam reported here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=154016