Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#396290 by JeanDeux Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:02 pm
I received (what I thought) was a fairly trustworthy interview through an actual job application that I applied to at The Gerresheimer Group. Everything was seemingly legitimate – I even had a phone interview with this guy. I haven't revealed any personal information besides my name, number, and email, but I'm wondering if I'm at risk? I have this person believing that I will send another check that I fell for the first time, and I'm not sure how to get him back. The police won't do anything since I'm a recent grad and it wasn't a significant amount of money. They've impersonated several real people in the company as well as sending forged checks. The banks won't insure me, so I'm trying to take matters in my own hands. We have been in contact through Google Hangouts and I'm wondering if there's a way I can find their real identity through a few email accounts that I've been in contact with. The person who conducted my interview is "[email protected]" on google hangouts, and the payroll representative I've emailed was "[email protected]". Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Advertisement

#396293 by AlanJones Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:21 pm
I'm sorry, but the best thing that you can do is put it down to experience and get on with your life.

You aren't going to get any personal details from the scammer or get your money back. This is a criminal you are dealing with and even the limited amount of information you gave him could be enough to cause you problems.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#396296 by JeanDeux Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:49 pm
AlanJones wrote:I'm sorry, but the best thing that you can do is put it down to experience and get on with your life.

You aren't going to get any personal details from the scammer or get your money back. This is a criminal you are dealing with and even the limited amount of information you gave him could be enough to cause you problems.

You're probably right. I just wish there were a more satisfying way to resolve it. Thanks.
#396330 by Terminator5 Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:02 am
Were you contacted off of a website ? Or employment agency ? If so post the details . Also post the phone number they contacted you from for the interview .

Thnx

We also need copies of their recruitment emails posted . This will help warn other potential victims .

Daniel 8 :25
#396369 by Arnold Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:10 am
[code][/code]
JeanDeux wrote:
You're probably right. I just wish there were a more satisfying way to resolve it. Thanks.

So do we but there isn't. It's nothing to do with you being a recent grad. The scammer and your money are almost certainly abroad, so there's little the police can do.