Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#178935 by vonpaso xlura Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:30 am
This so-called Terry Banks is obviously a West African. Thanks for posting!

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
Advertisement

#178946 by one sad mama Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:39 pm
This is so sad that this is STILL going on! I did my best to put an end to their scam but it doesn't sound like this is happening, for me personally I lost my temper and sent them an email to the one provided to me with the check asking them what address they wanted me to return the "fake" check too! I listed several names that I had been in contact with as well as the ones I found on here and another site. I also listed the company names used. I told them that the Sheriff's department wanted to know. :D I did contact indeed.com letting them know that either the job posting I responded to was a scam or they hacked into it getting the company's applicant information. I then contacted Yahoo messenger giving them all of the yahoo id's that I could come with, but with the responds they gave me, it didn't sound like they really cared. And seeing that someone else has posted since me sadly shows that there are far more than anyone realizes.

When I received the check in the mail, if I didn't have red flags shouting at me before that, there sure was once I got that in the mail. The company I applied for was in Ohio, told they were in California but wanting to open in my area, the envelope tracking # was in Michigan, a return address in Mississippi and the check was for a bank in Indiana! That's a lot of places for one company :roll: Needless to say I got no responds from them. And because of them I have removed my information from all job posting websites. I've done my research and found so much information to use against them but I just do not know how to stop them. I still haven't seen what the fall out for my involvement will be or what has happened to others. My check didn't clear, but I believe that it was a cancelled check, it might have been no funds, but I think I made them mad I hope I spooked them.

As for the software, one has been discontinued in 2008 and I believe all are flagged for this scam, you would think they would update their scam, but apparently it is still working for them. I just wish someone could find a way to put an end to this once and for all :evil:
#187233 by oneechan10 Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:07 am
I am Mrs Dianna Downs The hiring manager of (GEA Group) and i am here to commence the briefings and interview with you, What are your full name, sex and where are you located ?
Dianna Downs:The name of the company is GEA Group GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft is one of the largest suppliers of process technology and components for the food and energy industries. As an international technology group, the Company focuses on sophisticated production processes.Despite the IMF’s repeated downward revision of its economic forecasts for 2013, we are expecting moderate organic revenue growth for the Group as a whole in the current fiscal year. This growth is being driven by our five future core segments, which are expected to have average organic revenue growth of over 5 percent ...Let me know once you are ready to continue?
Jan 13 3:48 PM
TAE TAE:I am ready to continue
Dianna Downs:When calculating capital employed, effects arising from the acquisition of the former GEA AG by the former Metallgesellschaft AG in 1999 are not taken into account. Furthermore, as of 2011, the key performance indicators are also presented after adjustment for purchase price allocation effects. As a component of capital employed, capital expenditure is managed using a multilevel approval process.
Dianna Downs:In 2012, GEA generated consolidated revenues in excess of EUR 5.7 billion, 70 percent of which came from the food and energy sectors, which are long-term growth industries.The group employed about 25,000 people worldwide as of September 30, 2013. GEA Group is a market and technology leader in its business areas.The company is listed in the MDAX index (G1A, WKN 660200). In addition GEA Group has a sponsored level I ADR program in the USA, shall we proceed ?
Jan 13 3:49 PM
TAE TAE:yes
Dianna Downs:We have location all over US and currently working on setting up some branch in NY,IL,GA,TX and FL, That's why we are employing online,but when the new office near you is ready you can be assign to one of them that is if you qualify after the interview.
Dianna Downs:This is strictly an online and work from home job the working hours are flexible and you can chose to work from anywhere of your choice,the pay is $25.75 per hour, training is $20 per hour and will be get payment bi weekly via check or direct deposit working 30 to 40 hours weekly,if you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor.,Are you ready to proceed with the Interview ?
Jan 13 3:51 PM
TAE TAE:yes
Jan 13 3:51 PM
Dianna Downs:Here's is the company website www.gea.com you are required to use 10 minutes of your time to read more about the company and let me know when you are done so we can proceed with the interview okay Let me know once you are ready
Dianna Downs:Have you ever worked from home or online before ?Are you currently employed ?How many hours do you intend to dedicate to this job position daily ?
Jan 13 4:04 PM
TAE TAE:Yes I have worked from home before.
Jan 13 4:04 PM
TAE TAE:I have a job I work Monday through Friday 9am-5pm CST
Jan 13 4:05 PM
TAE TAE:I can dedicate the necessary 30 to 40 hours as I have access to a computer and smart phone at work as well as at home.
Jan 13 4:06 PM
Dianna Downs:Whats your clerical speed? Do you have an idea of how to use MS excel ?What is your highest educational diploma?When did you receive it?
Jan 13 4:07 PM
TAE TAE:I have 3 years plus of administrative and clerical experience. I am very familiar with MS excel.
TAE TAE:My highest educational degree is a Bachelor's of Science which I obtained in December of 2011
Dianna Downs:How would you describe your work ethics and are you comfortable with the fact that this is an online/work from home job?
TAE TAE:I would say I have very good work ethics, I am a self motivated se;f started. I have worked from home previously and always made sure I got my work done in an effective and efficient manner. I am very comfortable with the position being online/work from home as it gives me the flexibility to work in my own comfort zone (meaning my work space/environment). As the position is flexible it also allows time for me to get other things done.
Jan 13 4:10 PM
Dianna Downs:How do you handle conflict ?
Jan 13 4:17 PM
TAE TAE:are you still there?
Dianna Downs:Yes i am here
Dianna Downs:How do you handle conflict ?
Jan 13 4:20 PM
TAE TAE:I generally handle conflict well, I have worked and still do work in customer service. I know how to separate my feelings from my work environment. I also understand that customers and consumers get angry sometime, however they are not directly angry with me. Most often I find if a conflict arrises and you do your best to make the angry party feel like you are empathetic to their needs, you can deescalate the situation.
Jan 13 4:24 PM
Dianna Downs:How long would you expect to work for us if hired?
Jan 13 4:25 PM
TAE TAE:I would hope to work for the company for at least 2-3 years if you would have me and hope for potential growth in the company
Dianna Downs:Due to your level of experience and communincation skills the company has decided to give you a chance for you to work for the company and will like to see your diligence,Charisma,Commitment to this job. congratulations !!
Jan 13 4:31 PM
TAE TAE:Thank you
Jan 13 4:32 PM
Dianna Downs:You are welcome
Dianna Downs:You would be eligible to Benefits after 2 months of working with company Benefits for eligible worker include: Health, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, Employee Wellness and 401k plans.Paid Time Off and Holidays with Generous Company Discounts..Understood ?
TAE TAE:Yes
Jan 13 4:33 PM
Dianna Downs:I need you to confirm me with the following: Your full name,full home address Zipcode State, City, Phone numbers age and email address to enable my secretary enlist them into the Company's Register for proper documentation
Jan 13 4:36 PM
Dianna Downs:You are now given a chance to show your commitment,charisma,diligence and be a productive employee. You will Earn $25.75 per hour,You will receive your pay via Check weekly What bank do you operate with ?
Jan 13 4:37 PM
TAE TAE:Chase and Citibank
Jan 13 4:37 PM
Dianna Downs:Job Description: Preparation of Balance sheets (Mini), account balancing, invoicing recording,proper data analysis of sales records and recording pay slips into accounting database all these will be done through the use of the Accounting Software.
Dianna Downs:a check of $20
Jan 13 4:53 PM
TAE TAE:what is the $20 check for?
Jan 13 4:54 PM
Dianna Downs:To enable the company insurance company register you on the company Data base to enable you use your materials and you will purchase the check in money paid to NET SOFTWARE
Jan 13 4:55 PM
Jan 13 4:57 PM
Dianna Downs:Once the has been purchase, all you need is to have it scan and email it to me for proper documentation
Jan 13 4:58 PM
TAE TAE:Ok
TAE TAE:so then I do not need to pay the $20 then since I already have the registered software?
Dianna Downs:Listen are you working for your self
Dianna Downs:you are working with the company
Jan 13 4:59 PM
Dianna Downs:we do use our data base
Jan 13 4:59 PM
TAE TAE:I am working for the company
Jan 13 5:00 PM
TAE TAE:Ok I will send the $20 in
TAE TAE:to GEA for database registration
Dianna Downs:You are to use it purchase a cashier check in Citi banks okay
TAE TAE:ok
Jan 13 5:01 PM
TAE TAE:and how much do I need the cashier's check for?
Jan 13 5:01 PM
Dianna Downs:$20
Jan 13 5:02 PM
TAE TAE:I just said that and you said I am to use it to purchase a cashier's check
Jan 13 5:02 PM
Dianna Downs:Yes correct
Jan 13 5:03 PM
TAE TAE:ok and where do I send the $20 check to
Jan 13 5:04 PM
Dianna Downs:once you ask them you want to buy chasier's check they will as you for how much and you tell them $20 you give them the money
Jan 13 5:04 PM
Dianna Downs:not sending any money
Jan 13 5:09 PM
Dianna Downs:Understood ?
Jan 13 5:10 PM
TAE TAE:I purchase a $20 dollar cashier check I understand that
Jan 13 5:11 PM
Dianna Downs:Okay good
Jan 13 5:11 PM
Dianna Downs:How many minutes will it take you to go and get it done and get back to me online ?
Jan 13 5:12 PM
TAE TAE:citibank is closed
Jan 13 5:12 PM
#195331 by zeit082 Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:13 am
They are still at it..

This time they used Merrill Lynch.

Full transcript, just removed personal details:

interviewdesk37: Hello
zeit082: Hi
interviewdesk37: Can We get this interview done around 4pm your time?
-------
interviewdesk37: sorry for the delay, We had a meeting and i needed to be present
zeit082: no problem at all..
interviewdesk37: I believe you are ready for the job briefing and interview on the job position ?
zeit082: yes
interviewdesk37:
Here's the company website ( http://www.ml.com ) You are required to use (five) minutes of your time to glance through the website and read more about the company. Let me know as soon as you are done so we can proceed with the briefing... Okay ?
zeit082: okay
interviewdesk37: When you are done, you let me know
zeit082: I just read through the about us page.
zeit082: and a fairly good idea about the company.
interviewdesk37: Can we proceed?
zeit082: sure thing
interviewdesk37: Welcome To Merrill Lynch and Company INC
Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc. is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, with total corporate assets in excess of $400 billion and client assets of nearly $1.7 trillion, as of year-end 2000. The firm stands as the largest retail brokerage house in the United States, as well as one of the leading U.S. investment banks, and is among the global leaders in debt and equity underwriting, bond underwriting, and merchant banking. Long committed to the needs of the small investor, Merrill has continually diversified its offerings from the late 1960s into the 21st century.
interviewdesk37:
Now a global giant in the industry, increasingly active in a variety of investment fields outside the retail business, Merrill has evolved far from its original concentration on what its founder called "people's capitalism."
zeit082: ok
interviewdesk37: Benefits: Health, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, Employee Wellness and 401k plans.Paid Time Off and Holidays with Generous Company Discounts, paid vacation and 2 weeks sick leave You will be enrolled for Benefits after 4weeks.
zeit082: ok, employee benefits will start after 4 weeks.
interviewdesk37: Yes
zeit082: 401k plans are for US citizens, right? So what is the alternative that ML gives to its employees outside the US.
zeit082: /
zeit082: ?
interviewdesk37: We give same plan, Here we transparent and equal
interviewdesk37: The working hours are flexible and you can choose to work from anywhere of your choice. Payment is $25-$30per hour depending on how experienced you are during training. You will be paid $15 per hour for training and will receive payment Biweekly via check or direct deposit. You will be working 30 to 40 hours weekly,if you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor
interviewdesk37: I believe you are aware of the positions available ?
zeit082: yes, I was given the list of positions available.
zeit082: Direct Deposit.. do you mean direct payment to the bank, right?
zeit082: Transaction will be via a US based bank, right? Not from a local bank..
interviewdesk37: Can be done from both okay
interviewdesk37: Which are you applying for ?
zeit082: oh okay, just asked because if its a bank transfer from a US bank it goes through about a week or two before it arrives on my account.
zeit082: I'm interested in the following: Book keeping,Credit Correspondent, Customer Service, Data Entry, Medical Biller/Coding.
interviewdesk37: SOME OF THE DUTIES ARE:

1. Answer telephones
2. Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office.
3. Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
4. Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
5. Sign UPS/Fed Ex/Airborne packages.
6. Research, price and purchase supplies.
7. Assisting your superior attached to you, Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences.
8. Maintain and distribute weekly schedules.
9. Collect and maintain PC inventory.
10. Support staff Attached online to you and assigned project based work

Can you handle the Job duties if you are being trained towards it ?
zeit082: I can handle them, just a bit though in "Answer telephones".. this would be via skype right? I have pets here so there might be barking sounds on the background.
interviewdesk37: The Supervisor, who would be attached to you online, He/She would assign logs of duty daily and you would be required to work according to instructions, using the Microsoft Office tools and the Accounting software. Now the function of the Accounting software is to arrange, formalize and manage the data you have processed, sent to your supervisor via E-mail.

You will undergo a week online training from your training supervisor he/she would be training you on how to Enhance your working skills with the programs accurately.Included with other Data entry job you would be needing to get done. Your training is going to be done online through your Pc.
interviewdesk37: We are now on question and answer interview section. As soon as you are done answering any question, you are to write DONE...Understood ?
interviewdesk37: My name is Ms Glory Powell am one of the Merrill Lynch and Company INC. Hiring Team. I'm Age 52, I am located at Lostine Oregon. I would be the one to brief you about the position and the company
interviewdesk37: What are your full name, age, sex and location ?
zeit082: ------------------ Philippines
zeit082: done
interviewdesk37:
Briefly describe your work experience, especially the administrative and customer service aspects also data entry?
zeit082: I have been working since 2005, ------
interviewdesk37: Alright
interviewdesk37: Have you been interviewed online before?
zeit082: Yes, my previous job interview for my employments were all done via online.
interviewdesk37: How was the experience?
zeit082: Compared to an actual face-to-face job interview, I only feel a bit nervous.
interviewdesk37: Describe your computer experience including applications used (MS Word, Excel, etc.), computer environments (Windows, Macintosh, etc.), word processing, database and spreadsheet skills ?
interviewdesk37: Are we still connected?
zeit082: For computer environments, -----
interviewdesk37: Very good
interviewdesk37: Are you currently employed ?
zeit082: For Microsoft Office programs,-------
zeit082: I am currently not employed.
interviewdesk37:
Do you have a Printer, Fax Machine,Scanner, Type Writer and a Photocopier ?

What is your Clerical Speed or WPM?
zeit082: I have a 3-in-1 printer ( Printer-Photocopier-Scanner ) but I currently don't have a Fax machine and a Type writer here.
zeit082: typing speed - between 25-35, I think.. I have to do another test since the last I tested was 2006.
interviewdesk37: What are your career goals?

What do you understand by the term "Privacy and Code of Conduct" ?
zeit082: Career Goals - ------
interviewdesk37: Tell Us why you feel you are the right person for this Job?
zeit082: Privacy and Code of Conduct ------
zeit082: I am the right person for this job because I always make it a point to finish the task that is given to me.
interviewdesk37:
Your final Question,Describe a situation in which you had to work with a difficult person ( co-worker, customer, supervisor, etc.). How would you handle the situation?
zeit082: The most difficult person to work with would be a person -----
interviewdesk37: If you are been hired by the company, How would you like to be Paid ? Weekly Or Bi-Weekly ?
zeit082: weekly
interviewdesk37:

What means of Payment do you prefer ? Check, Direct Deposit and Credit Card ?
zeit082: Direct deposit, if paypal is available.. I would go for paypal..
interviewdesk37: Ok
interviewdesk37:
What's the name of the Bank you operate with ?
zeit082: Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
interviewdesk37: Okay
interviewdesk37: Well you have done well so far and you seem like a perfect fit for this position and am forwarding your answers to my superiors for review and consideration

The review process will take 5-10mins... Standby and Make sure your IM is available Okay and I want you to standby in front of your phone or computer as i will be with you shortly with your answer and score okay ?
zeit082: sure thing
zeit082: thanks
interviewdesk37: Alright
interviewdesk37:
Your interview percentage scored and consideration stand is available now on my desk... Are you ready to know your stand ?
zeit082: Yes..
interviewdesk37:
You scored (95%) on the interview question answered and for your consideration stand, You have a good news
zeit082: Wow..
interviewdesk37:
The good news is... You've just been confirmed qualified and this means as soon as your working equipments are available, My superior's will reach you in person along with your Position offer-documents and your working paper's. Also they will put you through our company guidelines under US Human Resources Laws and Regulations. You would be eligible to Benefits after 1 month of working with the company
zeit082: That's great!
interviewdesk37: CONGRATULATION
You will Earn $25-$30-$35 per hour depending on how experienced you are during training and you will receive your payment via Check or direct deposit

You will undergo one week of training and orientation which will commence as soon as you have all working materials are available
zeit082: Thanks
interviewdesk37: I need you to provide me: Your full name, email, current Home address, state, city, zip code and Phone numbers to enable my secretary enlist them into the Company's Register for proper documentation. Okay
zeit082: ------
zeit082: 1-----
zeit082: +------
interviewdesk37: good
interviewdesk37: Congratulations you are welcome to Merrill Lynch and Company INC You are now given chance to show your commitment,charisma,diligence and be a productive employee
zeit082: Thanks..
interviewdesk37: NOTE: This company is a Better Business Bureau registered company(BBB). The most efficient workers from this 16 teams will be promoted to the company office, earn$63,0000 per annual given a car and a house, at the end of the year, this will be for efficient workers from the 16 teams. 10% taxes will be deducted from your salary monthly by the company. The company is doing this to make this citizens proud and have income to take good care of their family
zeit082: Okay.. that would be great..
interviewdesk37: We have these company benefit's which include : Health, Dental, Lifeand AD&D Insurance : should all this include your Husband,kids,family or you alone..?
zeit082: My wife, don't have kids yet
interviewdesk37: Good
interviewdesk37:
You will need some Data entry/Accounting software and also a time tracker to commence your training and orientation and also you need the software to get started with work... The work of the time tracker is to calculate your hours worked since this is an online work from home.
zeit082: Okay, what software will be used?
interviewdesk37:
Here are the name's of the software's you will need to start working with BS 1 Accounting software, myob business essentials software 2013, For Peach Tree premium 2013 US Patent Single Users Pack, simply accounting 2012 and a Time Tracker
Are you familiar with the software's ?
zeit082: A bit, but never used them before.
interviewdesk37: OK
interviewdesk37:

The company will provide you a free Hp laptop with a fast internet connection and your W4 form will be coming along with the working materials you need to start working with and the funds for your needed software's and equipment will be provided by the company via check anytime soon. As soon as the check is been issued out to you i will notify you and provide you with the tracking number so you can keep track on it and know when it will get to you... Okay ?
zeit082: Okay
zeit082: Hi.. are we still connected?
Hide Recent Messages (F3)

interviewdesk37: Yes we are
BUZZ!!!
zeit082: oh, okay..
interviewdesk37: Sorry had to qucikly go for a meeting with my superior
interviewdesk37: Where are we?
zeit082: well, we were actually about to end, I think.. you already mentioned regarding a laptop and documents to be delivered.
interviewdesk37: Okay
interviewdesk37: with the software's ?

You are to purchase this accounting software's from the shipping agent who we have been buying from for years now and the cost for the software programs is $255.45, NOTE: You will be reimbursed back along with your first pay check. I believe you can handle the Cost ?
zeit082: That would be a bit high..
zeit082: but I think I can get around it.
interviewdesk37: Okay very good
zeit082: the $255 is for all the software that you've mentioned, right?
interviewdesk37: Five good reasons why you are needed to make order for the software programs.

1.The company does not have the software programs because we does not specialize of accounting software.

2.This is to show how committed you are to work for the company.

3.The software vendor is the vendor all our employee has been buying from for years now and you will make the order from her to enable her install the accounting software programs with disc and have it shipped overnight to you via FedEx.

4.Due to the rate of unemployment these days,The company is hiring 16 teams to work for the company with 4 software programs and to enable them deal with clients in the healthcare sectors,insurance sector,banks and business organizations e.tc
interviewdesk37:
The Vendor only receive payment via MoneyGram and Western Union and you will be needing to email me the Western Union or MoneyGram receipt you used in sending the funds to her so i can forward it to her, Do you want me to Notify the vendor that you are about making purchase for the software programs?
interviewdesk37: Are we still connected?
-----------------------------

Here I thought I was already aware of scams.. but did not saw this one coming..
#237920 by gaya3rajan Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:37 pm
I had the same kind of experience today. I applied for a job through Elance and I received a message asking to open a google account and Hangouts and to contact a person who is supposed to be a HR manager of that company.

The conversation was similar to the ones mentioned in the previous replies by the other users. The company name was dg-consulting firm and I was told to open the company's website www.dg-consultingfirm.com before proceeding with the interview. When I tried to open, it said webpage not found. When I told that person that the website is not found, the HR guy said it's because I'm from a different location (which I haven't heard) and provided me with a different link http://www.dgregan.com/aboutus.html

After all the interview questions, he told me to be online and forward the communication to head office to make sure I'm the right candidate for the job. After 4 hrs he got back to me saying that I'm hired for the job.

Jason Martin: Congratulations . Due to your level of experience and your working
skills...you have been selected as one of our New working staff You
are now a staff of consultingfirm. and we hope to see the best in you
soon.

Me: Thank you. Is it for part time or full time employment? Also when am I due to start?
Jason Martin:
Part time ..
How would you like to be Paid ? Weekly Or Bi-Weekly ?

Me: Bi-weekly, I would like to be paid via pay check. Do I get any offer letter?

Jason Martin:Yes
you will get that soon
You will be needing some accounting Data Entry software's for this job.

Me: okay.

Jason Martin:
Here are the name's of the software's you will need to start working
with Myob business essentials software 2011, US Patent Single Users
Pack simply accounting 2011,Apple Final Cut Express 3.5 HD
Upgrade,Norton Ghost 9.0,Microsoft Office XP 2011 Standard
Upgrade,Peach tree Premium Accounting 2011.
You are to purchase this software's from the shipping agent who we
have been buying from for years now The vendor accept western union or
money gram means of payment. he have a Gold account with western union
.. You are to make the payment to the via western union and i will be
here to provide you with the vendor's payment information . Note : You
are to use the service Money in Minutes and you can as well make the
payment online with your credit or debit card by logon to
www.westernunion.com , i can direct you on how to get it online..okay?
The Cost is $300 you will also be undergoing a week training with your
supervisor on how to use the software.NOTE: You will be reimbursed
back on your first pay check

Me: Could you also send this in an email as a confirmation?

Jason Martin: okay

Me: For the companies I have worked, they have provided me with the software and I have not purchased one. It would be good if you could send the $300 ahead so that I can buy the software and start with the work. I'm little worried.

He sent me an email confirming that I have been hired for the job but after the last message I sent to him, there was no correspondence from him. As soon as he said that I would be requiring some software, I googled the software and the first hit was this scammer website.

Thank you for bringing these scammers into light as this would be helpful for many people like me in getting cheated.
#237921 by Bryon Williams Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:48 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners gaya3rajan,

Can you please post the email address the scammer used? This will be helpful if potential victims search the internet using the email address.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#237922 by Mike Wilson Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:15 pm
The website http://www.dgregan.com/ belongs to a legitimate company British Columbia, Canada and is not connect to the scam in any manner. The scammer is just using the site to add credibility to the scam.

The website www.dg-consultingfirm.com was first registered in November 2013 and no longer exists. You physical location had nothing to do with you not being able to connect.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#237965 by gaya3rajan Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:52 am
Hi Bryon Williams, The email id used by the person was [email protected].

Hi Mike Wilson, I understood from the previous messages in this post that the scammers are using legitimate websites to prove that they are credible. Thanks for replying.

I later received a message from this scammer saying that the company does not specialize on the software materials that's why I have to make the payment from the recommended vendor and get reimbursed.
I told him that I'm not interested in this offer.
I reported this to Elance and this job is now removed from the Elance website. But now I see 3-4 jobs with the same job descriptions in Elance and all these ids are opened newly in February and the amount that they are ready to pay per hour is the same as the one for which I applied earlier.
#237978 by HillBilly Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:05 pm
gaya3rajan wrote:I reported this to Elance and this job is now removed from the Elance website. But now I see 3-4 jobs with the same job descriptions in Elance and all these ids are opened newly in February and the amount that they are ready to pay per hour is the same as the one for which I applied earlier.

Gaya3rajan, reporting them does nothing to stop them, as you have seen they just create new identities. Its best to not report them, so at least they can be tracked and people doing a search can find them on fraud boards like this one.

We can't track identities we don't know about and its only after victims or potential victims report them they are ID'ed.

#261759 by lucyblu Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:47 am
I had a similar google hangout "interview" yesterday. when I checked the reviews for the company, the reviews were awesome so I was excited because most of the reviews for the jobs that were offered to me thus far have been scams. this one is just another on the list.

here's the email I received:
Dear Applicant,
Our HR Dept has reviewed your resume for a Data Entry, Administrative Assistant,Customer Service,Office Assistant,Program Manager positions Etc,that you are yet to occupy and we believe you would be capable of handling this position.

The name of the Company is Cardinal Health Care.

Your details has been forwarded to the Human Resources Department and the Head of Operations, Mr David Ham will be available to discuss the job detail, pay scale, benefit and briefing about the opening in our company. Your verification code is HRP266, this would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process.

This is an immediate hire position, the interview will commence from 8 am to 7 pm today.

To participate, You are required to setup a yahoo mail account(mail.yahoo.com) and a yahoo instant messenger (http://messenger.yahoo.com).You can also have a G mail account setup (mail.google.com) after that, you’re to have a Google talk /hangouts app installed.

After this process is done,you are to add him up in your yahoo ID at ([email protected]) to your buddy list or add him up on your Google talk/hangout app at ([email protected]) he will be online waiting for you.

Time : 8 am-8 pm your time.
Venue : Online via Yahoo messenger Or Handouts Messenger.

Regards
Human Resources Dept.

and here's how the google hangout "interview" went down:

David: I believe you are set and ready for the online interview and company briefing's ?

David: Let me have your verification code to be sure i am speaking with the right person!
Let's get started.

David: Before we proceed I would love to know more about you. That would help where to categorize you and how best to interview you.I am Mr David Ham, I am the Hiring Manager Of Cardinal Health, Inc. I am here to brief and interview you more about the opening position,Please introduce yourself and indicate your age,sex and Location.

Cardinal Health, Inc. is a Fortune 500 health care services company based in Dublin, Ohio. The company specializes in distribution of pharmaceuticals and medical products, serving more than 100,000 locations. The company also manufactures medical and surgical products, including gloves, surgical apparel and fluid management products. In addition, it operates the nation’s largest network of radiopharmacies. Cardinal Health provides medical products to over 75 percent of hospitals in the United States. In December 2013, it was announced that Cardinal Health would team up with CVS Caremark, which would form the largest generic drug sourcing operation in the United States. The venture was named Red Oak Sourcing and began operations in July 2014.

Cardinal Health also supports organizations such as Ronald McDonald House Charities, and was named Benefactor of the Year at the 2011 Corporate Caring Awards.[32] In 2015, the foundation contributed $3 million to the Solutions for Patient Safety project, which has raised over $11 million nationally for efforts to improve safety initiatives in children’s hospitals.

Before getting started with the briefing. quickly go through the company’s website. http://www.cardinal.com t Let me know once you're done. So we get started.

David Ham: Our goal is to always have the capacity, competence and flexibility to meet our clients' needs, whatever they may be. The company is now going into a work from home job to create employment opportunity for the less privilege, disables and mainly to decrease the rate of unemployment in the economy

Here are some interesting facts we think you'd like to know about the job and our company:

Soon we will be setting up a few branche near your location. That is why we are looking for 16 new hires to work from home. Once the new branches have been built at your location, you can either chose to work in the office or continue working from home.

You will be working online and from home, the working hours are flexible and you can chose to work from anywhere of your choice, the pay is $30.50/hour to $45.16/hour during full working hours and the training is $26 and you will be getting your payment weekly or bi weekly via direct deposit or paycheck and the maximum amount you can work a week is 45 hours.if you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor..... Let me know if you are interested so we can proceed.?

ME: How long do you estimate that I will be working from home as the new branches are being built?

David: a maximum of 3months.

Benefits: Health, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, Employee Wellness and 401k plans.Paid Time Off and Holidays with Generous Company Discounts

Working hours are flexible,all activities and corresponding time are to be recorded in excel spreadsheet. As for your duties, i will assist you with any difficulties by email.

DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITY:Tracks data and source documents.Prepares and sorts source documents, and identifies and interprets data to be entered.Compiles, sorts and verifies data for accuracy.Contacts responsible parties or clients from other organisation to resolve moderately complex questions, inconsistencies, or missing data. Also perform Records keeping, keyboarding/data entry and performing a variety of other office tasks account balancing, invoicing recording,proper data analysis of sales records and recording pay slips into accounting database all these will be done through the use of the accounting Software, such as faxing or emailing confidently and positive attitude online from home. Can you handle these duties effectively ?

ME: Yes. Everything except the accounting part. Will I be trained in that area?

David Ham: Yes. The supervisor, who would be attached to you online, he/she would assign logs of duty daily and you would be required to work according to instructions, using the microsoft office tools and the accounting software. Now the function of the accounting software is to arrange, formalize and manage the data you have processed, sent to your supervisor via e-mail.

You will undergo a one week training from your training supervisor,he will training you on how to work with the programs accurate and other data entry works you will need to get done.Your training is going to be done online through your pc and phone.

I am going to ask you four questions now,Once done with your answers simply write (DONE) so i can go on with my next next question.Are you ready ?

David: 1•Have you ever had any experience working from home or online before ?
2•Are you currently employed ?
3•Will you be able to devote 8 hours of your time to Our company ...,that is if you are given the chance to work with us ?

David: 4•What do you understand by privacy and code of conduct ?
5•In your current or last position, what were your most significant accomplishments in your career so far ?
6•How hard working and productive will you be for our company when you start working with us ?

David: 7•How would you like to be Paid ? Weekly Or Bi-Weekly ?
8•What means of Payment do you prefer ? check OR Direct Deposit ?
9•What is the name of your Bank you Operate with to see if it tallies with the company's official salary payment account ?

David: Well you have done well so far and you seem like a perfect fit for this position. I need you to hold on online because i need to forward our conversation to the Head Dept to enable them see if you are committed and good for this job. I need you to hold back online for 5-10mins.

< 10 minutes later >

David Ham: I am back now and i have your interview percentage score and consideration stand is available now on my desk..Are you ready to know your stand ?

David: After due consideration and answers you provided during the interview session... Congratulations! The good news is....you have just been confirmed qualified for this position
You are now offered the job position...you are HIRED!

You are welcome to Cardinal Health, Inc.
You are now given a chance to show your commitment,charisma,diligence and be a productive employee.:)=D>

David: In the mean time i need you to provide me with the following requested info for verification purpose
Name :
Address : (PO Box Valid)
City :
State :
Zipcode:
Cell # :
E-mail address:
so that my secretary can put you on register, ) Once done let me know.

David: Your info's has been enlisted and updated...Once again we kindly acknowledge and welcome you to Cardinal Health, Inc. ..:)=D> Your salary will be $35.95 per hour and you will be receiving your payment via Check/Direct Deposit which ever is fine by you.

You will recieve your duties online daily and i will always be online to assist you with any difficulties.

This Job offers Flexible hours but you are to report online by 8am daily for duties, task,and assignment...Okay ?

David: The company will provide you a free Hp laptop with a fast internet connection and your W-4 form will be coming along with the working materials you need to start working with.

Here are the name's of the software's you will need to start working with Myob business essentials software 2013, US Patent Single Users Pack simply accounting 2013,Apple Final Cut Express 3.5 HD Upgrade,Norton Ghost 9.0,Microsoft Office XP 2012 Standard Upgrade,Peach tree Premium Accounting 2013.

Your training supervisor need you to get these programs ready to enable you work accurate with him or her.

Are you familiar with any of the softwares ?

ME: Question: Am I to buy all the software mentioned above prior to starting?

David: The company will provide you a free Hp laptop with a fast internet connection and your W4 form will be coming along with the working materials you need to start working with, you are to purchase all your materials from a certified vendor we have been patronizing for years now. You will receive a paycheck for the purchase of the working materials, the company's accounting dept will issue the check and have it sent to your house via fedEx or USPS , they will have it sent to the address you have just provided.

NOTE: All Equipments and softwares are to be purchased from the company's accredited vendor.. We have been buying from this Vendor for years now...Thats because all materials will be Customized in your names and the Company Logo and shipped to you via FedEx or USPS

The software vendor will be responsible for installing the softwares, patches and any updates.They will also need to perform manual data backups and secure the data to meet HIPAA standards.

As soon as the check its been issued out to you i will notify you and provide you with the tracking number so you can keep track of it and be on look out for it, report online as soon as you have it so i can give you further instructions and i will refer you to the vendor you will be purchasing the materials from...Okay ?

ME: Would it not be better for you to send me all the required software along with the hp laptop as opposed to be paying for that extensive list of software out of pocket?

David: Once you receive the check you are needed to have it deposited to your bank account via the ATM or your bank Mobile App ,Then the funds will be will be credited and available in your account for cash out the next day morning..You are to deduct $100 as your sign up bonus and use the rest to purchase all your important software's and working materials from the trusted online Vendor whom we have been buying from for years now and the means of payment accepted by the vendor is via Cash Deposit Into the vendors account which i will provide you with the vendor's information you will be sending payment to..Understood ?

ME: Although the glassdoo.com reviews for Cardinal Health are positive, I am finding that the exact required software that I am to purchase out of pocket has been flagged on scamwarners.com.

< Me copying & pasting a small section of the post I found on scamwarner as a reply to David >

ME: Sounds familiar, yes?

David: It won't cost you a thing. the company will be responsible. i stated it up on our chat.

ME: It's almost the exact same proposal that you are offering me.

David: i have no idea of this.

ME: If the company is responsible and the offer is genuine, all the required software should be sent to employees along with the hp laptop. Thank you for your offer and your time, David. I'm going to have to pass.

David isn't on Hangouts right now. Your messages will be seen later
#261852 by lucyblu Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:14 pm
Tried to go the extra mile to notify Cardinal Health because they seem to be a legit company; just the training software part was the scam. But for some reason there was NO email address to be found ANYWHERE on Cardinal Health's website. At all. So maybe they aren't legit. Maybe they are. But at least I tried.
#282553 by Chrystal Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:20 pm
FYI, This scam is still alive and well. I just had an interview today.

Btw, I have had legitimate online & telephone interviews in the past and have worked off-site without ever meeting the employer/client. So, an interview via Google Hangouts was not out of the norm, what was, is when he mentioned the following: That I would need to purchase the software to work for them [instead of the software already being pre-loaded in the laptop they would ship to me] and that I would receive a check to pay the vendor and "the means of payment acceptable by the vendor is either; through Bank Deposit, Western Union or Money Gram Money transfer are accepted as means of payment,"

HERE IS A COPY OF THE TRANSCRIPT:

Through the guidance of RJ Lee Group’s science advisors and materials analysts, Delta-Energy discovered the combination of operating parameters that best preserves the properties of carbon black recovered from rubber. This makes Delta-Energy unique in the petroleum-based resource recovery field.
Also setting us apart from other companies is our commitment to market the products we produce. This means we have an understanding of the markets for our products.

With such stability, we are currently expanding our businesses and are working on setting up a branch close to Redford, MI that's why we are employing qualified candidates online.
This will only be a temporal but full time position, the physical office will be ready in a month time from now and you'll be assigned to an office, that is if you are considered fit for this job position and company.

You will be working from home & online for now, the working hours are flexible and you can choose to work from anywhere of your choice.
The regular pay is $25/hr, training is $15/hr, working 6-8 hrs daily and 30-40 hrs weekly, you will be working from home for a month for the main time until the office location is decided. If you are employed you are going to be working as a part time/full employee and not as an independent contractor... Do you understand ?
After careful review and consideration to the answers you provided during the interview session..

You've been confirmed qualified for this position. You are offered the Position of a Customer Care in the company.
You are HIRED! and welcome to the online team.
We hope you will be with us through the year and more..Congratulations..

You are welcome to Delta Energy.
ME: Thank you. What's next?

You are now given a chance to show your commitment, charisma,diligence and be a productive employee.
Our regular working hours are: Mon-Fri, 8am-4pm daily 6-8 hours daily,flexible
Saturdays at 9am-1pm (paid overtime).

You'll earn $25/HR,you will receive your pay Via check or direct deposit and will be paid weekly.
For the main time you will paid via check for the first two weeks of employment, then you will be paid via direct deposit..Okay?
ME: Okay

You will undergo two weeks training(Paid Training) and will be trained for 4hrs daily and will be trained both online and in person. Your supervisor will contact you as soon as you have all working materials and also on how to commence training and the both of you will decide on a location before training will begin.

You will receive your duties online daily and i will always be online to assist you with any difficulties.

DUTIES : Your daily duties would be to report to your Supervisor, who would be attached to you online, He/She would assign logs of duty daily and you would be required to work according to instructions using the Microsoft Office tools and the Accounting software.
Now the function of the Accounting software is to arrange, formalize and manage the data you have processed, sent to your supervisor via E-mail..Understood ?
[email protected] • Now

You will undergo (2) two weeks of training and orientation which will commence as soon as you have all working materials and you are rest assured that you will be paid for it.

You will be emailed your Employment Offer Letter/Form tomorrow morning, also, you will be receiving your W4 paper work, Company HandBook and HR document during your orientation and training from your supervisor, you are to fill,sign and send back to us,we take out taxes....Okay ?
ME: Okay

You are required to immediately provide the following information :
Full Name :
Mailing address : (PO Box not allowed please)
City, State,Zip-code.
Phone Number(s) :
E-Mail :
Sex :

This is to enable my secretary enlist them into the Company's Register for proper documentation.
You will be paid via Check for the first two weeks of employment,I suppose the name provided above is the same with that of your Bank Account?
ME: Yes

You will need some Data entry/Accounting software to commence your training and orientation, also, you need the software to get started with work since you are working from home and you will be required to purchase the programs below :

Here are the names of the software you will need to start working with BS 1 Accounting software, my-ob business essentials software 2010,Adobe Acrobat 8 2012, Illustrator 3 2009, Microsoft Access 8 2011, Microsoft Excel 8 2011, Microsoft Word 11 2011, Windows 10.1 2015, Vendor Management 7 2012.

Are you familiar with the above listed software
ME: Yes. However, some of the programs I do not already own.

Okay
The funds for the software program will be provided for you by the company via check, make sure you use them as instructed for the software.
As soon as the vendor confirms payment the programs will be installed into your Apple Laptop and will be processed for shipment..
As soon as the check is mailed to you i will notify you and provide you with the tracking number so you can keep track and know when it will get to you...Okay?
[email protected] • 1 min
ME: Bryan, am I to understand that the company is going to send me a check to purchase the software? Once the vendor confirms I've purchased the software it will be installed into an Apple laptop that will be shipped to me?
If so, why wouldn't the company just ship the laptop with the software loaded?

Correct

The vendor is a third party to the company and has been on this for years and it's the company's protocol ,so I'll need you to follow it .. Okay
ME: Bryan, I asked the questions because I wanted to be certain I understood the procedure correctly. I have been scammed before by a company claiming I was hired to perform work.

You will receive the check very soon, so i want you to be on the look out for it,report online as soon as you have it so i can provide further instructions and i will refer you to the vendor you will be purchasing the materials from using the check funds and the means of payment acceptable by the vendor is either; through Bank Deposit, Western Union or Money Gram Money transfer are accepted as means of payment, do you understand me ?

ME: I understood what you wrote. And the method of payment indicates this must be an online vendor?

Good to know
Depositing the check will be a task assigned to you by the accounting dept.This task from the acct Dept is to test your knowledge on the payroll side of the job.
Once you receive the check you are required to have it deposited in to your bank account via your bank ATM Or TELLER ,after deposit the funds will be credited and available in your account immediately or the next day morning.
I suppose you will be able to handle this task without any problems ?

ME: I see, the customer care position involves payroll processing? I am quite knowledgeable on how to make a legitimate deposit into a bank account.

Good to know that and I believe you are familiar with ATM OR Teller deposits?
ME: Yes, I know the difference between an ATM or Teller deposit.

Alright
I believe you understood all I provided to you today?
ME: btw, what is the physical address of the company Delta Energy Group? And the telephone number?

I believe the site will provide all you need to know about the company
All we need from you is your commitment to work, trust, loyalty and obedience to all instructions and task I hope we can have all that from you ?
ME: You said the site will provide me all I need to know about the company, what is the website's URL?

Here it is http://www.deltaenergy.com
Okay ?
ME: Thank you Bryan. As you and the company require, "your commitment to work, trust, loyalty and obedience to all instructions"
I also need your honesty, and to be forthcoming with information. As I said, I have been scammed before and the person became quite upset when I would ask questions. I never received a dime for all my efforts during and after training. So, that is why I ask you questions.

I understand and you have nothing to worry about
ME: I appreciate that Bryan.

Okay
That's all for now, you are to report to me tomorrow morning via Google Hangout at 8 am your time for update on the check,task and on how to get started with work.
I will be expecting you online tomorrow morning at 8 am..

Do have a nice and wonderful day..
ME: We shall communicate tomorrow at 8am. Until then, you have a nice day as well.

Bye for now and stay safe.
Talk to you tomorrow morning at 8 am.
ME: You stay safe and warm as well. Oh, Bryan I have an appointment tomorrow at 10. will our 8am meeting be more than an hour long?

We'll see how it goes
Bye
ME: okay bye
12:37 PM
My initial contact came via email with the following subject: JOB OFFER :Customer care / Data Entry / Admin Assist Position
to bcc: me
Hello Applicant,

The individual who "interviewed" me via Google hangouts is: Bryan Colwell and his email is:[email protected]

The website he provided is: http://www.deltaenergy.com/ The phone number on file is: (601) 348-4610.
Here is some additional contact information:
to inquire about specific products by e-mail write to:

[email protected] for D-E Black, Phoenix Black or Zephyr Black
[email protected] for DESolv or D-E Gas
To learn about investment opportunities or joint ventures in your world area you can send for more information at [email protected].

I hope this information helps others, to BEWARE OF SCAMMERS!
#282569 by vonpaso xlura Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:49 pm
Thanks for posting! When you get the check, if it comes by US Mail, take it to the Postal Inspection Service. If it comes by some other carrier, take it to that carrier's fraud department. Do not tell the scammers that you know it's a scam or that you quit. Pretend to be dead, as far as they can tell.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10