Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#435786 by SRT Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:44 pm
Hello. I received an email from [email protected] on August 11 from a company called Impellam, saying that I needed to set up a skype account in order to have a job interview. I set up the account, and began a conversation with someone claiming to be Micheal Bryan. There was even a profile picture associated with the image of the company, which appeared legit I was offered the job as a data entry clerk, and received an offer letter, which had no names, addresses, or specifications on how many hours I would work.
I was to immediately sign it, and provide pictures of my drivers' license. Even when I stated that I was uncomfortable with the fact that my working hours were not listed in the offer letter he, ([email protected]), assured me that it was not a scam, and that this was a reputable, trustworthy company, and a great opportunity. I still had a bad feeling about it, so I said I would wait to give my decision. On August 18, I informed him that I was not going to sign the offer letter, and he said "Okay. You have wasted my time and effort." He then tried to call me through Skype.
I really, really think that this individual was posing as Impellam, and was trying to do a fraud.
I tried to contact Impellam through their website, to inform them of this, but did not receive a response.
I also tried to report him in Skype, but that probably will not do much.
I just wanted to put this out there for others to hopefully be warned about this type of fraud, and thank you for reading.

SRT
Advertisement