Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#10198 by AlanJones Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:16 am
This advert is being spammed on various forum (including this one)
Hello,

Magenta Service is a logistics company offering a wide spectrum of services in cargo delivery worldwide. We are currently hiring for part-time position of Mailing Assistant to sort and inspect inbound correspondence for damage.

Primary job requirements:

* Age over 21 years
* Having a Digital Camera or a Cell Phone Camera
* Ability to print and scan documents
* Ability to lift packages weighing up to 40lbs.

If you believe that you can meet these basic requirements and are interested in joining our company as a well-paid employee, please contact us at EMAIL - [email protected]

Best regards,
Richard Milner
Magenta Service

A reply to the scammer will elicit this response (notice how his name has changed)
Hello ,

We attached the Job description and the Application Of Employment.

Please read carefully all the conditions of work. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please fill out the attached application form and email it to us or fax it to (866) 289-6062.

Best Regards,
Jeffrey Milner
Magenta Service

This has two Word documents attached -

JOB_DESCRIPTION.doc
JOB DESCRIPTION

Your main job responsibilities will include receiving packages weighing up to 30-40lbs, various correspondences and its further forwarding. All mailing expenses will be covered by our company.

We will provide you with the access to the online control panel, where you will be able to communicate with your designated manager, be notified about any upcoming packages, and receive detailed instructions about further mail forwarding.

For each received and forwarded package you will be paid $35. During the first month of your work with the company, the number of packages will be limited to 20 items. Thus, your expected income for the first month can be $700. After that the volumes of work will be increasing and the payment for each package you forward will be increased to $40.

Since the Mailing Assistant is employed as an independent contractor, he/she must be solely responsible for declaring earned wages to IRS in the official F1099MSC form during the tax season.

APPLICATION_OF_EMPLOYMENT.doc
APPLICATION OF EMPLOYMENT

It is the policy of this company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental handicap or veteran status.

Please type or print your answers. If you print, please do so in blue or black ink and write neatly. An illegible application may preclude you from consideration.

PERSONAL INFORMATION

First name
Last name

Street address
City State
Zip

Daytime phone number
Evening phone number

Driver`s License Number
Driver`s License State

AVAILABILITY TO WORK
Please type hours you are ready to work.

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY

Name of employer
Address
Your position
Salary
Reasons for leaving
Duties

Name of employer
Address
Your position
Salary
Reasons for leaving
Duties

I hereby certify that my answers and assertions set forth in this application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. If I am employed, I understand that any false statements on this application shall be considered sufficient cause for my dismissal. I hereby authorize this company to investigate any aspect of my prior educational and employment history.

Signature Date

This job is a scam, the goods that you receive will be paid for with stolen Credit Cards. When the fraud is discovered, it is you that the authorities will come looking for.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement