Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#79111 by oldshoe Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:52 am
Considered by this poster to be a fake job offer from a firm that does not as yet have an online presence in-spite of first being registered on 17th December 2011 and being very similar in name to an existing company.

The sender of the fake job offer is "Ronald F. Minton" <[email protected]> and the domain name registrant is one Ronald Tant.

Sincerely , Ronald F. Minton
HR Department , SAP Planners Corporation

Presumably nobody else named Ronald works for this huge business giant sorry there's a fly in the ointment Ronnie

Apparently this American Corporation is looking to employ a UK Financial Controller who does not need previous experience. Upon being informed that unsolicited job offers are not welcomed they were so desperate that they wrote again and enclose an application form which remains unopened.
Advertisement

#79118 by Dotti Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:43 am
Welcome oldshoe,

What you are describing sounds like a typical fake check/money laundering scam.

Could you post the actual text of the email you were sent, including the headers (remove your own name/email address)? Often these scammers use the same scripts even after they change company names, so having the text posted will help others to avoid being scammed. In addition, the letter and headers provide evidence our site killers will need to get the fake domain closed down.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#79120 by oldshoe Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:56 am
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Ronald F. Minton" <[email protected]>
> To: "xxxx" <xxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:09 AM
> Subject: Application-Vacancy Information, 28.12.2011
>
>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> More detailed information about available position
>>
>> Please fill out the "Application form" carefully and send
>> the form by email.
>>
>> P.S The application must be completed in full detail
>> Our manager will call you within 1-2 working days.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Sincerely , Ronald F. Minton
>> HR Department , SAP Planners Corporation
>
This is the second email as I seem to have erased the first but its wording invited me to apply for the post obviously he didn't bother to read my response very carefully. So then I did a swift online check

Domain Name.......... sapplanners.com
> Creation Date........ 2011-12-17
> Registration Date.... 2011-12-17
> Expiry Date.......... 2012-12-17
> Organisation Name.... Ronald Tant
> Organisation Address. PO Box 61359
> Organisation Address.
> Organisation Address. Sunnyvale
> Organisation Address. 94088
> Organisation Address. CA
> Organisation Address. US
>
> Admin Name........... Admin PrivateRegContact
> Admin Address........ PO Box 61359
> Admin Address........ registered post accepted only
> Admin Address........ Sunnyvale
> Admin Address........ 94088
> Admin Address........ CA
> Admin Address........ US
> Admin Email..........
> Admin Phone.......... +1.5105952002
> Admin Fax............
#79138 by Pottsy10 Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:46 pm
Hi, Just thought you might want the first email as well. Seems as I got it aswell. Thought I would do a bit of research and stumbled accross this forum.

Sent: 29 December 2011 11:38
To: ...
Subject: Hello, (NAME), we are looking for candidate

Hello, (NAME):

We are looking for candidate. Vacancy - Financial Controller (No Experience Required). Location - United Kingdom.

SAP Planners Corporation.

We offer:

* Good basic salary.
* Opportunities to progress and develop.
* Absolutely free training.
* Absolutely free personal trainer support.

Salary:

* (FULL TIME): 26700 plus bonus.
* (PART-TIME): 19200 plus bonus.

The Candidate:

* Fluent speaking English
* Aged older than age 18.
* A flexible and methodical approach to their work.
* A proactive approach.
* Ability to work on your own initiative.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Attention to detail.

Email back and We will send you an email with information on how to continue.

HR Manager
Ronald F. Minton
SAP Planners Corporation
#79206 by danniob Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:44 am
I've received the same scam email from someone called Linda. I also thought a Financial Controller position with no experience required seemed a little unlikeky.
See below:
Hello, (removed - dotti), Vacancy - Financial Controller (No Experience Required)?

11:29
Linda J. Shanks

Linda J. Shanks ([email protected])

Sent:

30 December 2011 11:29:24

To:

removed

Hello, removed:

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

We are looking for candidate. Vacancy - Financial Controller (No Experience Required). Location - United Kingdom.

We offer:

* Good basic salary.

Salary:

The Candidate:

* A proactive approach.
* Attention to detail.

HR Manager
Linda J. Shanks
SAP Planners Corporation
#79222 by debsiedo1 Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:03 am
Hi yeah I received the same e mial although Ive been really unfortunate and filled in the application form.....

PLEASE HELP what shall I do now as my details have been forwarded ...
#79226 by AlanJones Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:23 am
Hello debsiedo1

I wouldn't worry too much about your details being in the Scammer's hands. Most scammers won't even bother to do anything with the application that you complete, it is just part of the scam to make them look legitimate. Although if you have given bank details it may be worth telling the bank what has happened and asking them to change your account number.

The best thing to do now is to stop communicating with the scammers. Do not reply to their emails/chat requests/phone calls.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#79227 by Dotti Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:28 am
Don't worry about it too much.

This looks like a typical money laundering scam. In a situation like this, the scammers are after cash, and they don't actually care about your work history or anything else. They just want to look real.

As long as you haven't given them your bank/credit card information, any logins/passwords, or your social security number (or equivalent), the most you can typically expect is a little harassment (they may send you a check, even if you tell them you are no longer interested), then demand you cash it and forward money (of course the check is fraudulent but will initially appear to clear). If they do, just ignore them. If they send a check, don't attempt to cash it, but instead take it to the police, write "fake" on it in large PERMANENT ink and keep as a reminder, or simply shred it. And ignore them--filter their emails to trash and don't answer.

If you have given them any banking or credit card info, contact the bank or credit card info and explain. If you have given any login info, change your passwords. If you have given your private information (e.g. social security number) then it is worth it to have a flag put on your credit reports for possible ID theft.

#79231 by lindascott Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:01 pm
I also have been communicating with Roald and have sent in my application/contract.

I tried the Uk tel number ,but a.machine!!
#79235 by Dotti Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:39 pm
Could you please post that phone number?

Incidentally, if it starts with 4470 or 4487, it is not a UK number at all, but a redirect phone number that is undoubtedly going to the scammer's phone in another country.

#79286 by kamikazegirl Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:12 pm
I too got this scamming e-mail. no company stamp no training etc. it was to obvious. I think they got me from the website: Jobsite. Which has many fake companies!!!!

I even went to an interview with a company that disappeared a moth later.... But I just dicovered this site because I googeld [email protected]. I will try and keep names e-mails and numbers from all the future fake companies that will pop up and post them here!!!!

Dear,X-X-X-X-X-X

We offer:

* Good basic salary.

Salary:

The Candidate:

* Attention to detail.
* A proactive approach.

HR Manager
Linda J. Shanks
SAP Planners Corporation
#79885 by Damianhs Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:12 pm
Hi there
I fell for this scam email because i have recently applied for another one on a recuitment website,
If i have giving my name and address also my DoB and number and house phone number and the name of my name will i need to do anything or tell anyone about it?
#79912 by Bubbles Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:50 am
Welcome to ScamWarners Damianhs. For the most part, if you have not given your banking information, you are relatively safe.

They may use your name and address to give credibility to their scam. There is not much more they can do with it.

If you receive anything in the mail from them, do not deposit in your bank account or try to cash it. It will be a forgery, regardless of how much of the cash they say you can keep.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#80612 by Ash19 Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:44 pm
I also have fallen for this scam. I study accounting and it seemed like a good start of my career.
I received the training manual today. It is a few pages long but the most important bit is as follows:

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE 1ST TRAINING DAY wrote: 
Initial professional level check. Bank accounts. Familiarization with payment systems
First, your personal training manager calls you to prescribe you into the list of trainees and check the details with you to confirm that everything is ready for the start of practical part of the Lesson. The training manager will assist you by the phone to report about your skills to calculate, communicate, count, etc.
Then training manager calls when the money for practicing with elementary operations and your training wage ?30 are available on the account that you have specified for training  and inform you about the start. The amount for training is always going by a chain from one trainee to another, so that everyone may practice and receive the training wage. Therefore, you should withdraw the amount deposited by the previous trainee. 
You call your personal manager after withdrawing the total amount*.
First, ?30 you should take for yourself as your personal training wage for the lesson (you may leave it on your account) and the rest of the amount you will use for practicing with Money Gram and Western Union payment systems.
__________________________________________________________________________________
*The exact amount can’t be specified at the moment since the training money goes from one training person to another by a chain: company sends the initial amount to the 1st trainee, he/she takes ?30 as the training wage and sends to the 2nd trainee the rest of the amount after deduction of the commission for the transaction; the 2nd trainee takes ?30 and sends to the 3rd trainee the rest minus the commission etc.(subject to the number of the trainees before you in the training chain, the amount that you receive can be from ?300 to ?2000). When training with a payment system starts, you will send money to the next training person. The company’s managers receive all the references and statements after each transfer in this chain, so that they may compare your results with others. That is why it is very important to complete the practical part of the training with payment systems with no delays!

I called action fraud to report the scam but they advised me to call local police station to report it and so I did. The police woman said that it is a well-known money laundry scam. She also explained that I wouldn't have to withdraw or send any money. They would deposit and withdraw the money from my bank account very quickly, within seconds.

Anna
Last edited by Bubbles on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity.
#80613 by Ash19 Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:48 pm
Dotti wrote:Could you please post that phone number?

Incidentally, if it starts with 4470 or 4487, it is not a UK number at all, but a redirect phone number that is undoubtedly going to the scammer's phone in another country.

The phone number is +44 020 8816 8119. I haven't called it.