Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
Advertisement

#91305 by tink044 Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:17 am
Just received the exact same message via an advert on gumtree

http://www.gumtree.com/p/jobs/eastern-e ... d/98503258

Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.220.192.135 with SMTP id dq7csp12884vcb;
Wed, 21 Mar 2012 07:42:22 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.220.151.133 with SMTP id c5mr2046555vcw.1.1332340942390;
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from mail-vx0-f193.google.com (mail-vx0-f193.google.com [209.85.220.193])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id ip8si862433vdb.136.2012.03.21.07.42.22
(version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=OTHER);
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 209.85.220.193 as permitted sender) client-ip=209.85.220.193;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 209.85.220.193 as permitted sender) [email protected]; dkim=pass [email protected]
Received: by mail-vx0-f193.google.com with SMTP id fl13so105859vcb.0
for <[email protected]>; Wed, 21 Mar 2012 07:42:22 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 10.220.116.68 as permitted sender) client-ip=10.220.116.68;
Received: from mr.google.com ([10.220.116.68])
by 10.220.116.68 with SMTP id l4mr2048424vcq.4.1332340941836 (num_hops = 1);
Wed, 21 Mar 2012 07:42:21 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=20120113;
h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;
bh=rpuHlYbk1YyDEoyncx1ZiS5aCR6200Cu74bcwhZ7c+Y=;
b=FrEg2vXegNJQQk+KA4l+61xMfR1Vv/XJS1cJb/O3SdGJfZRfXYw//STk2zE3Nob4yw
nDPzsMaxzULLIATo7hLthqQ1rnhxmOLnse9f67YAKTPcc5devU99TXrh+PalNS92Osx4
Kzr/44dcfa9Xo2OmVg1xqxa68LALs2RgaHSiUAqRDUvnl1KVDkAAHv8leo8ANEAQkqpu
qzi/gN+7Qwzd2MAnI0+O2UNxzl0TQzQsXi0Hd/cdnMKeCoRHQ0ei2KnNA6Ji2/VWhBTE
iZxE8Y/w/ca6x/Q27NJcLxkRgXACNQVKYqZ4lAzNugNm/bN3/ooanabr+gA3mU6BIdYe
RalA==
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.220.116.68 with SMTP id l4mr2048424vcq.4.1332340941827; Wed,
21 Mar 2012 07:42:21 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.220.5.148 with HTTP; Wed, 21 Mar 2012 07:42:21 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 14:42:21 +0000
Message-ID: <CAAhndjSKYNVKi+62q2ZUv7KgRK7ATceLHgDszjeT8-rppC1xTQ@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: Eastern European Sales assistant
To: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary=f46d042fdb368eaf8704bbc1ccaf

<SNIP>

Monica Cole

Recruitment Dept
Trade-coast Ltd.
Tel/Fax: 08704863611
#93479 by me too Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:08 pm
I received the email with same informations about job.Unfortunately 31.03.12 (yesterday) I send the numbers voucher.How can I stop it????????
#93484 by Dotti Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:25 pm
If the scammer hasn't redeemed the code, you can attempt to change it following the instructions from the ukash website. It won't give you your cash back, but at least if you can get the code changed, you should be able to use the ukash yourself, which is better than nothing.

http://www.ukash.com/uk/en/terms-and-conditions.aspx

7 Security of your Ukash voucher code

7.1 You are solely responsible for the security and integrity of your Ukash voucher code. You acknowledge that Ukash is entitled to act on any request submitted through a Participating Merchant website for validation without enquiry into the identity or entitlement of the Holder.

7.2 Ukash shall not be obliged to verify that the person presenting the voucher code and amount to Ukash via a Participating Merchant is the Holder of, or is otherwise entitled to use, the Ukash voucher code.

7.3 If you have lost your Ukash voucher code, you may contact Ukash via www.ukash.com and request that the voucher code is cancelled. You will be asked to provide the voucher code, amount, currency and the date, time and place of issue. If the voucher code has not been redeemed prior to such notification Ukash will normally cancel the voucher code and issue a replacement voucher code to you in substitution. Ukash shall have an absolute discretion to refuse to issue a replacement code, or to delay issuing a replacement, if it suspects fraud, money laundering or other unlawful activity.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#96433 by tomasini Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:33 am
Hi all,

I'm new at this website, but i'm glad that i found it.
Justo got this email:

Dear Marcos

We are glad to inform you that after carefully reviewing your CV for the position of house keeping/ cleaners our company advertised, you have been selected to join our new team in Liverpool. There will be a 2 day induction and training which will start on the 2nd and end on the 3rd of May 2012 from 10am to 1pm each day at The Hilton ,3 Thomas Steers Way Liverpool L1 8LW, United Kingdom The two day training will be fully paid for and you are expected to come with your original documents;

Passport /Birth Certificate/ID card (showing your right to work in the UK)

N.I number

Bank/Building Society/Local Post Office details (for your wages)

The Confidential Application Form (print out)

The pay rate for your position will be £9.75 an hour, your shift pattern will be 12 hours a day, 5 days on and 2 days off, there is also Full time and Part time positions to choose from, there is morning shift ( 8am-8pm) and night shift (8pm- 8am) and you will be paid every forth night(two weeks).

The company will issue you a uniform on the induction/training day and you will be allocated the office site to work in Liverpool area.

Please e-mail us back the following, on or before the 24th of April 2012;

Your uniform size (ie Shirt, Trousers and Suit Jacket)

The mode of payment for your CRB check is Ukash.

As a result of recent Government changes to the vetting and barring scheme(VBS) the cost of Enhanced CRB check is £50.Due to insurance purposes and our client’s policy we cannot accept CRB done outside the company.

The Ukash is a new safe and secure payment method that we use for effective payment of CRB fees. The post office, newsagent shops and off licence top up shops with a Paypoint,Payzone or epay services can issue you a Ukash voucher for £50.The Ukash voucher 19 digits numbers is what we require you to email us back for your CRB payment fees and also to ensure that your job placement is still effective. The CRB fees will only be refunded on your next wages if the report comes back satisfactory. The company will delist your name from the job placement list if we do not receive your uniform sizes and the Ukash voucher numbers.

The deadline for the submission by email of your uniform sizes and £50 Ukash voucher numbers for your CRB fees will be on the 24th of April 2012, no work placement will be offered without any of the above and you will not be eligible to come in for the two day training and induction. We are extremely very busy this period and may not be able to respond to your enquiries. We will give you any more information needed on the training/induction day and we are glad to welcome you to our company. Attached is a confidential application form, please print, fill in all relevant sections and bring it with you on the day of your induction/training.

Sue Barker

Recruitment Dept
TradeCoast Ltd.

I send an email back saying that i would not be able to attend in the 2nd of May, but until now i didn't get any reply.

But i have to say that this one almost got me.
Thank everyone by the "head up"
#96868 by Joe45 Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:34 am
Hi there!
I am new on this web site.

I got the next emal invited me in a formal interview will be held on 2nd May.
As I scrolled down topics it is a scam, isn't it?! :evil:
What do you think?! If yes, it would be great to grab them!

We are glad to inform you that after carefully reviewing your CV for the position of Linen, kitchen and bar staff our company advertised, you have been selected to join our new team . There will be a 2 day induction and training which will start on the 2nd and end on the 3rd of May 2012 from 10am to 1pm each day at Holiday Inn Express London Hammersmith,124 King Street Hammersmith London England W6 0QU

The two day training will be fully paid for and you are expected to come with your original documents;

N.I number

The pay rate for your position will be £9.75 an hour, your shift pattern will be 12 hours a day, 5 days on and 2 days off, there is also Full time and Part time positions to choose from, there is morning shift ( 8am-8pm) and night shift (8pm- 8am) and you will be paid every forth night(two weeks).

The company will issue you a uniform on the induction/training day and you will be allocated the office site to work in London area.

Please e-mail us back the following, on or before the 23th of April 2012;

As a result of recent Government changes to the vetting and barring scheme(VBS) the cost of Enhanced CRB check is £50.Due to insurance purposes and our client’s policy we cannot accept CRB done outside the company.

The Ukash is a new safe and secure payment method that we use for effective payment of CRB fees. The post office, newsagent shops and off licence top up shops with a Paypoint,Payzone or epay services can issue you a Ukash voucher for £50.The Ukash voucher 19 digits numbers is what we require you to email us back for your CRB payment fees and also to ensure that your job placement is still effective. The CRB fees will only be refunded on your next wages if the report comes back satisfactory. The company will delist your name from the job placement list if we do not receive your uniform sizes and the Ukash voucher numbers.

The deadline for the submission by email of your uniform sizes and £50 Ukash voucher numbers for your CRB fees will be on the 23th of April 2012, no work placement will be offered without any of the above and you will not be eligible to come in for the two day training and induction. We are extremely very busy this period and may not be able to respond to your enquiries. We will give you any more information needed on the training/induction day and we are glad to welcome you to our company. Attached is a confidential application form, please print, fill in all relevant sections and bring it with you on the day of your induction/training.

Natalie West

Recruitment Dept
TradeCoast Ltd.
#96880 by AlanJones Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:48 am
Hi Joe45 and welcome to ScamWarners.

Yes it is a scam, the scammers are looking to scam you out of the £50 that they ask you to send for the CRB check.

If you went ahead and paid the money and turned up at the Holiday Inn Express for the induction, you would find that no one there knows anything about the meeting. And you would have wasted your time and money.

The best thing to do now is just to cut off all communication with the scammers.

It would also be useful if you could post up the email address that the scammers are using, if this is different to those already posted. This will help others to avoid being scammed.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#97335 by Joe45 Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:45 am
Hi Jones!
Thank you very much for your help regarding similar mail like below!

It seems I have been targeted by scam 'artists' because got another email for 2 day induction training regarding another job. It is true other place, but the text almost the same.

It is a scam, isnot it?! I think it is.
Please check it.

I really appreciate your help.
---------------------------------
From email adress: alison ken [email protected]

We are glad to inform you that after careful look at your CV for the post of Night Porter our company advertised, you have been shortlisted to join our new team in Birmingham. There will be 2 day induction and training which will start on the 26th and end on 27th of April 2012 from 10am to 4pm each day at 6, Union Passage, Birmingham B2 4RX. The two day training will be fully paid for and you are expected to come with your original documents.

Utility bill (showing current address)
N.I number

The pay rate for this position will be discussed on training / induction day, Full time and Part time positions to choose from, there is morning shift and night shift, and you will be paid every forth night(two weeks). The company will issue you a uniform on the induction/training day and you will be allocated the office site to work in Birmingham area.

Please e-mail us back the following, before the 25th of April 2012
Your uniform size (i.e. Shirt, Trousers and Suit Jacket)
The mode of payment for your CRB checks (Ukash Voucher).

As a result of recent Government changes to the vetting and barring scheme(VBS) the cost of Enhanced CRB check is £60.Due to insurance purposes and our client’s policy we cannot accept CRB done outside the company. The Ukash is a new safe and secure payment method that we use for effective payment for CRB fees. The newsagent shops and off licence top up shops with a Paypoint services can issue you a Ukash voucher for £60.The Ukash voucher 19 digits numbers is what we require you to email us back for your CRB payment fees and also to ensure that your job placement is still effective. The CRB fees will only be refunded on your next wages if the report comes back satisfactory. The company will delist your name from the job placement list if we do not receive your uniform sizes and the Ukash voucher numbers.

The deadline for the submission by email of your uniform sizes and £60 Ukash voucher numbers for your CRB fees will be on the 25th of April 2012, no work placement will be offered without any of the above and you will not be eligible to come in for the two day training and induction. We are extremely very busy this period and may not be able to respond to your enquiries. We will give you any more information needed on the training/induction day and we are glad to welcome you to our company. Attached is a confidential application form, please print, fill in all relevant sections and bring it with you on the day of induction/training.

Recruit Dep’t
Hotel Management Services
Phone/Fax 07053400481
#97336 by Dotti Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:50 am
You are absolutely correct. It is a scam. There is no job, only a scammer trying to get you to send a ukash voucher to him, which is essentially the same as sending cash.

Notice the phone number, which starts with 070. This is not areal UK phone number--it is a redirect phone number, which forwards calls to a different phone virtually anywhere in the world. These numbers are used by scammers who are pretending to be in UK. No legitimate UK business will have an 070 number.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#97350 by Joe45 Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:42 am
Thanks Dotti!

So, phone number starts with 070 (after country prefix) is not real calling from UK.
It is imortant to know. :roll:

:)
#99075 by Luke1234 Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:45 am
First post here, I got an identical email sent to myself.

Not being very familiar with scams I may have fell for this one, well, that is if the silly c**t who sent me the email tried to tell me I've been hired to work at a non-existent Hilton Hotel, as they actually gave the postcode for the Marriot hotel.

When I started adding things up (9.75 an hour to work behind a bar/no address for the recruitment company/hiring someone for almost 10 pounds an hour without even an interview or checking references) I realized I was the target of a scam

Here's the email I was sent this morning;

We are glad to inform you that after carefully reviewing your CV for the position of bar staff our company advertised, you have been selected to join our new team in Liverpool. There will be a 2 day induction and training which will start on the 17th and end on the 18th of May 2012 from 10am to 1pm each day at The Hilton Hotel , One Queen Square · Liverpool, L1 1RH United Kingdom The two day training will be fully paid for and you are expected to come with your original documents;

N.I number

The company will issue you a uniform on the induction/training day and you will be allocated the office site to work in Liverpool area.

Please e-mail us back the following, on or before the 7th of May 2012;

The deadline for the submission by email of your uniform sizes and £50 Ukash voucher numbers for your CRB fees will be on the 7th of May 2012, no work placement will be offered without any of the above and you will not be eligible to come in for the two day training and induction. We are extremely very busy this period and may not be able to respond to your enquiries. We will give you any more information needed on the training/induction day and we are glad to welcome you to our company. Attached is a confidential application form, please print, fill in all relevant sections and bring it with you on the day of your induction/training.

Veronica west

Recruitment Dept
TradeCoast Ltd.
#99159 by Bubbles Tue May 01, 2012 12:22 am
Welcome to ScamWarners Luke1234. Please post up the email address the scammer is using to contact you. It helps people who are searching to see if they are dealing with a scammer and search by email address.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#99535 by JackBoardman1994 Wed May 02, 2012 9:15 am
I got this the other day

Dear Jack

We are glad to inform you that after carefully reviewing your CV for the position of bar staff our company advertised, you have been selected to join our new team in Liverpool. There will be a 2 day induction and training which will start on the 17th and end on the 18th of May 2012 from 10am to 1pm each day at The Hilton Hotel , One Queen Square · Liverpool, L1 1RH United Kingdom The two day training will be fully paid for and you are expected to come with your original documents;

N.I number

Please e-mail us back the following, on or before the 7th of May 2012;

The deadline for the submission by email of your uniform sizes and £50 Ukash voucher numbers for your CRB fees will be on the 7th of May 2012, no work placement will be offered without any of the above and you will not be eligible to come in for the two day training and induction. We are extremely very busy this period and may not be able to respond to your enquiries. We will give you any more information needed on the training/induction day and we are glad to welcome you to our company. Attached is a confidential application form, please print, fill in all relevant sections and bring it with you on the day of your induction/training.

Veronica west

Recruitment Dept
TradeCoast Ltd.

i replied telling them where to screw there job cause my friend had this email a while ago and got screwed over
Last edited by Bubbles on Wed May 02, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity.