Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#88475 by miletami Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:24 pm
Hello everyone!
I am glad to find you before I pay and make a big mistake. This is my message!

Dear Milena

We are glad to inform you that after carefully reviewing your CV for the
post of Kitchen Staff our company advertised, you have been selected to join
our new team in West London . There will be a 2 day induction and training
which will start on the 12th and end on the 13th of March 2012 from 10am to 1pm
each day at The Marriott London Regents Park. 128 King Henrys Road London NW3
3ST The two day training will be fully paid for and you are expected to come
with your original documents;

Passport /Birth Certificate/ID card
(showing your right to work in the UK)

N.I number

Bank/Building Society/Local Post Office
details (for your wages)

The Confidential Application Form (print
out)

The pay rate for your position will be £9.75 an hour, your shift
pattern will be 12 hours a day, 5 days on and 2 days off, there is also Full
time and Part time positions to choose from, there is morning shift ( 8am-8pm)
and night shift (8pm- 8am) and you will be paid every forth night(two weeks).

The company will issue you a uniform on the induction/training day and
you will be allocated the office site to work in London area.

Please e-mail us back the following, on or before the 5th of
March 2012;

Your uniform size (ie Shirt, Trousers and Suit
Jacket)
The mode of payment for your CRB check is Ukash.

As a result of recent Government changes to the vetting and
barring scheme(VBS) the cost of Enhanced CRB check is £50.Due to insurance
purposes and our client’s policy we cannot accept CRB done outside
the company.

The Ukash is a new safe and secure payment method that we use for
effective payment of CRB fees. The post office, newsagent shops
and off licence top up shops with a Paypoint,Payzone or epay
services can issue you a Ukash voucher for £50.The Ukash voucher 19 digits
numbers is what we require you to email us back for your CRB payment
fees and also to ensure that your job placement is still effective. The CRB
fees will only be refunded on your next wages if the report comes back
satisfactory. The company will delist your name from the job placement list if
we do not receive your uniform sizes and the Ukash voucher numbers.

The deadline for the submission by email of your uniform sizes and £50
Ukash voucher numbers for your CRB fees will be on the 5th of March 2012, no
work placement will be offered without any of the above and you will not be
eligible to come in for the two day training and induction. We are extremely
very busy this period and may not be able to respond to your enquiries. We will
give you any more information needed on the training/induction day and we are
glad to welcome you to our company. Attached is a confidential application
form, please print, fill in all relevant sections and bring it with you on the
day of your induction/training.

A. L.

Recruitment Dept

TradeCoast Ltd.

Tel/Fax: 08704863611
Advertisement

#88493 by Bubbles Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:35 am
Welcome to ScamWarners miletami. That is definitely a scam and we are glad you found us before you were a victim.

Please post the email address you received this message from. It will help others who might have been in contact with this scammer.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#89886 by kat1212 Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:46 pm
hi guys! I'm so thankful that i researched first before making a move.. got the EXACT email! and almost fell on their scam! thank you so much! i believe in karma and let God do the consequence for them..

guys there's also one in gumtree.. saying that u need cpr and manual handling training then they will call u saying like they are interviewing u and there's a job already waiting but u need a training first, so they will force u to pay for the training of 100 ++ pounds (for one training like me coz i already have my manual handling) on the same phone conversation to say that u need to pay it or you will lose your slot since there's no schedule yet for the next training.. actually, it's a real training ( though it's too expensive!) but still they mislead the people by saying that there's a job waiting for them after the training but there's none.. been waiting for a month now but yet, there's no certificate and haven't heard from them.. its just too sad that there are people who take advantage on us who just want to look for a job :(
#89891 by djroysealer Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:58 am
Hello everyone,am roy here from london,am an IT professional and scam hunter too,ive been knocking with lots of scammers around da world.
But this one is really convincing...

I advice everyone,if u receive a suspicious email,please copy n paste da address of the compamy on search engines like google to see if their has been any scams operating,2nd thing is to copy n paste da email address on google to check.

Ive been sent probabely da same to same email job scam on ma mailbox,as i applies for some jobs on gumtree...

Here are da email i received:
scammer email: [email protected]
----------------------
Dear ------,
We are glad to inform you that after carefully reviewing your CV for the post of ‘Care Assistant’ our company advertised, you have been selected to join our new team. There will be a 2 day induction and training which will start on the 22nd and end on 23rd of March 2012 from 10am to 1pm each day at the Bergius room,The Teacher Building 148 Old street London EC1V 9HQ. The two day training will be fully paid for and you are expected to come with your original documents;

Passport/Birth Certificate/ID card (showing your right to work in the UK)Utility bill (showing current address)N.I numberBank/Building Society/Local Post Office details (for your wages)The Confidential Application Form (print out)
The pay rate for your position will be £10.75 an hour, your shift pattern will be 9hours a day, 5 days on and 2 days off (weekends), there are also Full time and Part time positions to choose from, there is morning shift ( 8am-4pm) and setshift (9pm- 5am) and you will be paid every forth night (two weeks). The company will issue you with ID cards and entrance permit cards on the induction/training day and you will be allocated the office site to work in the city of London.

Please e-mail me back the following, on or before the 20th of March 2012;

The mode of payment for your CRB checks (Ukash Voucher).
As a result of recent Government changes to the vetting and barring scheme (VBS) the cost of Enhanced CRB check is £55 (fifty five pounds sterling only). Due toinsurance purposes and our client’s policy we cannot accept CRB done outsidethe company.

The Ukash is a new safe and secure payment method that we use for effective paymentfor CRB fees. The Post Office, Newsagent Shops and Off Licence Top Up Shopswith a Paypoint, Payzone or epay services can issue you a Ukash voucher for £55.

The Ukash voucher’s 19 digit number is what we require you to email back to us foryour CRB payment fees and also to ensure that your job placement is still effective. The CRB fees will only be refunded on your next wages if the report comes back satisfactory. The company will de-list your name from the job placement list if we do not receive your uniform sizes (where applicable) and the Ukash voucher numbers.

The deadline for the submission by email of your uniform sizes and £55 Ukash vouchernumbers for your CRB fees will be on the 20th of March 2012, no work placement will be offered without any of the above and you will not be eligible to come in for the two day training and induction. We are extremely very busy this period and may not be able to respond to your enquiries. We will give you any more information needed on the training/induction day and we are glad to welcome you to our company.

Recruitment Dept
Tel/Fax: 0871 714 2270
------------------------------------

I even received an attachment of an application form
#89997 by Justin Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:56 pm
Hello djroysealer and welcome!

Thanks for posting the job scam. It's a typical advanced fee fraud disguised in a bunch of BS text. The nuts and bolts is they want you to send them 55 pounds via UKash. This mode of payment seems to be getting popular with the scammers. They pretend it's for your own safety but in actuality these vouchers are treated just like cash once you send the scammer the voucher number.

Bottom line employers do not typically ask their new employees to pay money to start working.

Justin

#90000 by balfaszjoska Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:45 pm
Hello i get this today

Dear Haxxdu

We are glad to inform you that after carefully reviewing your CV for the post of Cleaning Staff our company advertised, you have been selected to join our new team in West London . There will be a 2 day induction and training which will start on the 19th and end on the 20th of March 2012 from 10am to 1pm each day at The Marriott London Regents Park. 128 King Henrys Road London NW3 3ST The two day training will be fully paid for and you are expected to come with your original documents;

Passport /Birth Certificate/ID card (showing your right to work in the UK)
N.I number
Bank/Building Society/Local Post Office details (for your wages)
The Confidential Application Form (print out)

The pay rate for your position will be £9.10 an hour, your shift pattern will be 12 hours a day, 5 days on and 2 days off, there is also Full time and Part time positions to choose from, there is morning shift ( 8am-8pm) and night shift (8pm- 8am) and you will be paid every forth night(two weeks).

The company will issue you a uniform on the induction/training day and you will be allocated the office site to work in London area.

Please e-mail us back the following, on or before the 16th of March 2012;
Your uniform size (ie Shirt, Trousers and Suit Jacket)

As a result of recent Government changes to the vetting and barring scheme(VBS) the cost of Enhanced CRB check is £50.Due to insurance purposes and our client’s policy we cannot accept CRB done outside the company.
The Ukash is a new safe and secure payment method that we use for effective payment of CRB fees. The post office, newsagent shops and off licence top up shops with a Paypoint,Payzone or epay services can issue you a Ukash voucher for £50.The Ukash voucher 19 digits numbers is what we require you to email us back for your CRB payment fees and also to ensure that your job placement is still effective. The CRB fees will only be refunded on your next wages if the report comes back satisfactory. The company will delist your name from the job placement list if we do not receive your uniform sizes and the Ukash voucher numbers.
The deadline for the submission by email of your uniform sizes and £50 Ukash voucher numbers for your CRB fees will be on the 16th of March 2012, no work placement will be offered without any of the above and you will not be eligible to come in for the two day training and induction. We are extremely very busy this period and may not be able to respond to your enquiries. We will give you any more information needed on the training/induction day and we are glad to welcome you to our company. Attached is a confidential application form, please print, fill in all relevant sections and bring it with you on the day of your induction/training.

Tom West
Recruitment Dept
TradeCoast Ltd.
#90133 by tracylee59 Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:36 am
hi I received an email offering me a job, telling me to attend a two day course at The Teacher Centre 148 Old Street. As i was previously a courier in central london alarm bells started ringing as 148 Old Street does in fact belong to Royal Mail. I was also asked to send £55 by ukash to cover my CRB check. If I hadn't been a courier i probably would have fallen for this scam as it was very convincing, i even had an application form to fill in. Going with my gut instinct that is was dodgy i put the senders name of the email into google and hey presto it brought me to your site, where i saw exact copies of the e mail i had been sent. I replied to his email and told him where to go

Scammers E mail
[email protected]
#90231 by Mariotto Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:53 pm
Hello everybody, thank you for your help, I got (almost) the same email today 15 March 2012:

"Dear xxxxx

We are glad to inform you that after carefully reviewing your CV for the position of Kitchen/Bar porter our company advertised, you have been selected to join our new team in and around London Area. There will be a 2 day induction and training which will start on the 20th and end on the 21th of March 2012 from 10am to 1pm each day at The Marriott London Regents Park. 128 King Henry's Road London NW3 3ST The two day training will be fully paid for and you are expected to come with your original documents;

N.I number

The pay rate for your position will be £9.75 an hour, your shift pattern will be 12 hours a day, 5 days on and 2 days off, there is also Full time and Part time positions to choose from, there is morning shift ( 8am-8pm) and night shift (8pm- 8am) and you will be paid every forth night(two weeks).

The company will issue you a uniform on the induction/training day and you will be allocated the office site to work in London Bridge area.

Please e-mail us back the following, on or before the 17th of March 2012;

As a result of recent Government changes to the vetting and barring scheme(VBS) the cost of Enhanced CRB check is £50.Due to insurance purposes and our client’s policy we cannot accept CRB done outside the company.

The Ukash is a new safe and secure payment method that we use for effective payment of CRB fees. The post office, newsagent shops and off licence top up shops with a Paypoint,Payzone or epay services can issue you a Ukash voucher for £50.The Ukash voucher 19 digits numbers is what we require you to email us back for your CRB payment fees and also to ensure that your job placement is still effective. The CRB fees will only be refunded on your next wages if the report comes back satisfactory. The company will delist your name from the job placement list if we do not receive your uniform sizes and the Ukash voucher numbers.

The deadline for the submission by email of your uniform sizes and £50 Ukash voucher numbers for your CRB fees will be on the 17th of March 2012, no work placement will be offered without any of the above and you will not be eligible to come in for the two day training and induction. We are extremely very busy this period and may not be able to respond to your enquiries. We will give you any more information needed on the training/induction day and we are glad to welcome you to our company. Attached is a confidential application form, please print, fill in all relevant sections and bring it with you on the day of your induction/training."[/i]

R.M.

It's very likely that she got my email because I am looking for work and I left many CVs in many restaurants and similar places.

She says that Ukash is a safe and secure payment method, but she doesn't say that it's safe only for her! :)

Thank you again,

Mariotto
#90336 by Gideon Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:59 am
Hey, funny I checked an adviser at the JobCentre+ who said the vacancy and job-offer looked legitimate. It's a complete copy of the examples provided, coming from an "agency" recruiting on behalf of the Marriot Hotel.

Dear Kxxx

We are glad to inform you that after carefully reviewing your CV for the position of house Kitchen/Bar porter our company advertised, you have been selected to join our new team in and around London Area. There will be a 2 day induction and training which will start on the 20th and end on the 21th of March 2012 from 10am to 1pm each day at The Marriott London Regents Park. 128 King Henry's Road London NW3 3ST The two day training will be fully paid for and you are expected to come with your original documents;

N.I number

The pay rate for your position will be £9.75 an hour, your shift pattern will be 12 hours a day, 5 days on and 2 days off, there is also Full time and Part time positions to choose from, there is morning shift ( 8am-8pm) and night shift (8pm- 8am) and you will be paid every forth night(two weeks).

The company will issue you a uniform on the induction/training day and you will be allocated the office site to work in London Bridge area.

Please e-mail us back the following, on or before the 16th of March 2012;

The deadline for the submission by email of your uniform sizes and £50 Ukash voucher numbers for your CRB fees will be on the 16th of March 2012, no work placement will be offered without any of the above and you will not be eligible to come in for the two day training and induction. We are extremely very busy this period and may not be able to respond to your enquiries. We will give you any more information needed on the training/induction day and we are glad to welcome you to our company. Attached is a confidential application form, please print, fill in all relevant sections and bring it with you on the day of your induction/training.

Raxxxel Smith

Recruitment Dept
TradeCoast Ltd.

First thing I thought was "Half the e-mail is about a 50£ Voucher huh?" So I started asking around. The first two people I asked said it seemed legit, so I went to an adviser at the JC+ and she said it looked legitimate, went out and purchased a 50£ Voucher and luckily fell asleep mid-response to the "offer". So disappointed, a good friend checked this website out and warned me it was a scam just in time. Hope more people catch on to this, very upsetting.
#90375 by mmorbo Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:08 pm
I just received this:

Da: [email protected]
Oggetto: Kitchen/Bar porter
Data: 15 marzo 2012 16:57:54 GMT+00:00

Dear Maria

We are glad to inform you that after carefully reviewing your CV for the position of Kitchen/Bar porter our company advertised, you have been selected to join our new team in and around London Area. There will be a 2 day induction and training which will start on the 26th and end on the 27th of March 2012 from 10am to 1pm each day at The Marriott London Regents Park. 128 King Henry's Road London NW3 3ST The two day training will be fully paid for and you are expected to come with your original documents;

N.I number

Please e-mail us back the following, on or before the 19th of March 2012;

The deadline for the submission by email of your uniform sizes and £50 Ukash voucher numbers for your CRB fees will be on the 19th of March 2012, no work placement will be offered without any of the above and you will not be eligible to come in for the two day training and induction. We are extremely very busy this period and may not be able to respond to your enquiries. We will give you any more information needed on the training/induction day and we are glad to welcome you to our company. Attached is a confidential application form, please print, fill in all relevant sections and bring it with you on the day of your induction/training.

Rachael Smith

Recruitment Dept
TradeCoast Ltd.

beware of these people! :mad2: thanks so much for your help and keep up the good work :bowdown:
#90493 by mihai007 Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 am
My brother received the same email:

Dear Cristian

We are glad to inform you that after carefully reviewing your CV for the position of Kitchen/Bar porter our company advertised, you have been selected to join our new team in and around London Area. There will be a 2 day induction and training which will start on the 20th and end on the 21th of March 2012 from 10am to 1pm each day at The Marriott London Regents Park. 128 King Henry's Road London NW3 3ST The two day training will be fully paid for and you are expected to come with your original documents;

N.I number

The deadline for the submission by email of your uniform sizes and £50 Ukash voucher numbers for your CRB fees will be on the 17th of March 2012, no work placement will be offered without any of the above and you will not be eligible to come in for the two day training and induction. We are extremely very busy this period and may not be able to respond to your enquiries. We will give you any more information needed on the training/induction day and we are glad to welcome you to our company. Attached is a confidential application form, please print, fill in all relevant sections and bring it with you on the day of your induction/training.

Rachael Smith

Recruitment Dept
TradeCoast Ltd.

Be warned people, this is a scam!
#90494 by ramona1994 Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:07 am
Hi i recently recieved this email from a 'rachel smith' I done my research to check what was going on only to realise that this was a scam!

Dear Ramona

N.I number

The deadline for the submission by email of your uniform sizes and £50 Ukash voucher numbers for your CRB fees will be on the 17th of March 2012, no work placement will be offered without any of the above and you will not be eligible to come in for the two day training and induction. We are extremely very busy this period and may not be able to respond to your enquiries. We will give you any more information needed on the training/induction day and we are glad to welcome you to our company. Attached is a confidential application form, please print, fill in all relevant sections and bring it with you on the day of your induction/training.

Rachael Smith

Recruitment Dept
TradeCoast Ltd.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is obviously fake if ive seen the exact same letter sent to other people
#90963 by danya.tsivneva Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:03 pm
Hi guys! :)
I am really, really glad I found you. I am looking for a job at the moment and came across this ad on gumtree. I uploaded my CV immediately and got this email in response:

nicola ranger [email protected]
4:07 PM (7 hours ago)

to me
Dear Danya

We are glad to inform you that after carefully reviewing your CV for the position of house keeping/ cleaners our company advertised, you have been selected to join our new team . There will be a 2 day induction and training which will start on the 28th and end on the 29th of March 2012 from 10am to 1pm each day at The Marriott Manchester. Hale road, hale barns
Manchester, England WA15 8XW The two day training will be fully paid for and you are expected to come with your original documents;

N.I number

Please e-mail us back the following, on or before the 23th of March 2012;

The deadline for the submission by email of your uniform sizes and £50 Ukash voucher numbers for your CRB fees will be on the 23th of March 2012, no work placement will be offered without any of the above and you will not be eligible to come in for the two day training and induction. We are extremely very busy this period and may not be able to respond to your enquiries. We will give you any more information needed on the training/induction day and we are glad to welcome you to our company. Attached is a confidential application form, please print, fill in all relevant sections and bring it with you on the day of your induction/training.

Nicola Ranger

Recruitment Dept
TradeCoast Ltd.

:roll: At first i was excited when i read their message. :oops: everything sounded really good, too good to be true...until i discussed it with my parents. Dad thought this might be a scam and told me to go and ask the police if they have the right to ask me to send them money before starting the job. But i decided to write them back, because I am Bulgarian and i need a permit if I want to work in the UK. So, i kindly informed them that I am still waiting for this permit and probably cannot start the job. :x What confused me most was that ''nicola ranger'' replied 6 mins after i sent her the email, saying the following:

Hello Danya

Fill in the application form e-mail us your shirt, trouser and jacket sizes and most of all you need buy £50 19 digits Ukash voucher for your CRB and e-mail it to us without CRB we will not offer you the position. Thanks

:mrgreen: then i realized there is something wrong with this ad and started browsing in the net to see if they are recruiting staff in the Marriott Hotel, but it turned out that they are not at the minute. Then, i googled this CRB check and what i found was that it is for posts involving greater contact with children or other vulnerable adults, which has nothing to do with this position. Thirdly, i typed the name of the company and it does not exist in the UK...
I am still wondering how this could happen! I was just about to buy this voucher tomorrow and send them the money...I think we should all do something to stop this scam and prevent other people from being their victims!!! :cry: