Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#90997 by Breedsblood Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:30 am
I had received a response from this company in regards to a Customer Service Representative / Admin Assistant ad they had on careerbuilders.com below is the whole transcript from the 1st email to the last text message. read it from bottom to top

Never heard back from them no text or emails were sent to me since then. (I Sent this to [email protected] )

3/6/12 - emailed [email protected]

The check bounced I am not as stupid as the others you have tried to scam and pull out the $2600 when my bank makes it available. I knew this sounded fishy and glad I trusted my gut in waiting for the check to clear which I had a feeling it wasn't. I will now send everything you sent me and report you to the fraud & scam government department.

3/6/12 12:05 p.m. I texted # 646-504-7946

Check did not clear the bank returned it. Fake check trying to get me to pull out before it clears when the funds are available you must think I'm stupid.

3/5/12 11:28 a.m. text message to my phone from # 646-504-7946

Hi, how are you? just want to know if you heard from your bank, please let me know Cathy

3/5/12 11:59 a.m. I replied

As I told you last time the bank has a hold on it. when the check clears then the funds will be released. I will keep watching to see when it clears. I will email you some questions regarding this transaction later.

3/5/12 - emailed [email protected]

After the check clears I send $1825 + western union fees to the person below what is included in the kit I am to receive? is that for the lap top with the company software? what am I suppose to do with the extra? I am getting $60 an hour for only 10 hours a week? can I work more hours or is that the maximum? when or what date will I get paid and you send me my check is that correct?

3/5/12 12:32 p.m.

ok

Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 21:18:29 +0000
Subject: Re: Re: WORK KIT PROCUREMENT FUND
To:

http://www.dataentryca.com/

Hi

Yes you will send $1825.00 to Clay,The fund are for the laptop with the compnay software progamme for the data entry job,Your fee per hour is $60.00 and yes you can work for more hours.The maximum is 20hours.

The remaining funds should be left in your account,your first pay will be added to it,It depends on how many hours you worked for.

I hope i have answered your questions,

Regards,
Cathy

3/5/12 4:19 p.m. text message to my phone from # 646-504-7946

I just replied your mail with answers to your questions Cathy

3/5/12 4:27 p.m. I replied

ok thank you

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/2/12 6:53 a.m. text message to my phone from # 646-504-7946

Okay, you can check with your bank today or tomorrow, the funds should be available Cathy.

6:57 a.m. I replied

the bank put a hold on it until the 8th when the check clears.

7:04 a.m.

Oh okay Cathy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/1/12 11:47 a.m.

my reply to the text message earlier - Cathy when it's available i'll send it I will have to wait until the check clears before any transaction.

3/1/12 - **Phone Call**

Received a call from a restricted phone # from a guy (not Cathy just want to point out) with a very heavy accent could not understand much but was asking for money I was to send to him from the check via Western Union.

3/1/12 9:39 a.m. text message to my phone from # 646-504-7946

I an wondering why I have not read from you since you got the funds sent to you. please reply Cathy

2/29/12

** Received by mail a check for $2600** called the bank US Bank National Association at 1-800-872-2657 asked if check and account was real they said yes and would have no problem with the transaction I got the phone number from the US Bank National Association branch at east grand forks, mn.

2/29/12 4:18 a.m. text message to my phone from # 646-504-7946

hi, this is Cathy Prit. just want to inform you about the email I just sent you concerning your work kit for the data entry post you applied for. please check and get back to me.

Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 15:28:42 +0000
Subject: WORK KIT PROCUREMENT FUND
To:

Dear ,

I would like to give you an update about the setup procedure which you are expected to complete, as explained your setup kit funds has been mailed out to you via USPS with tracking number 0311 3260 0002 4378 0459, and am sure it should get to you today.

You are expected to procure your setup kit from our registered dealer Optus Network Service c/o Clay Howard , please find below her information with instructions on how to complete the setup.

Visit any cashing store or your bank to process the funds for instant cash, after funds are made available to you, visit any western union agent location around you and send $1825 to the information below.

Clay Howard
4920 CROSSWINDS DR
HUNTSVILLE, AL 35816

Please provide the information below after you make the money transfer

Senders Name:
Money Transfer Control Number( 10digits MTCN )
Amount Sent:

You are expected to deduct transaction fee from the rest of the funds with you, you would be given a tracking number 12hrs after you provide the above information of the transfer and give the exact amount you have left with you.

Regards
Cathy Pritt

2/16/12 - emailed [email protected]

yes I am interested my name is , .

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 22:21:06 +0000
Subject: CareerBuilder Job Application
To:

With reference to your resume sent to our Customer Service Representative / Admin Assistant ad on CareerBuilder, We’re sorry to inform you that the position has been occupied but we currently have a vacant position available, which is the Data Entry Position.

The ever growing need of data processing activities requires a perfect combination of unique processing, skilled and effective team work which brings about Data Entry California. we would like to expand in order to provide services to clients who have customers.

As a recently founded and rapidly growing Data Processing Firm, we hope to foster a fun yet efficient environment for our new employees. Unlike other companies, we believe an easy going and friendly atmosphere is facilitative to quality and actually increases
productivity.

To be considered, candidates must be self starters and be able to undertake responsibilities with limited supervision,they must also be able to handle multi-task and have a working knowledge of MS Office,familiarity with other types of software is a plus. Our policy is to grow and maintain a long lasting and mutually beneficial business relationship with our clients and employees. In keeping with that standard, our firm offers a comprehensive benefit package that is second to none.

Basic job function of our Data Entry position are listed below

*Comparing data with source documents or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors
*Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered.
*Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors.
*You would also be required to maintain the logbooks of the activities along with completed work.

Compensation will be $60 per hour 10hrs a week tax inclusive, it is very possible for you to take this job offer as a part time or permanent job so the choice is all yours please provide contact details. full name, physical address and cell phone number to get started.
Advertisement

#91004 by Bubbles Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:33 am
Welcome to ScamWarners Breedsblood. Yes indeed, you have a scammer. Thank you for posting this so others can see how scammers work. It is good that you have stopped hearing from this scammer.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#91774 by @CBSiteSecurity Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:41 pm
Thank you for helping spread a word of caution about these types of messages! Based on the information listed within your original post, the message in question does appear to be a payment processing (shipping) scam.

We recommend such messages be disregarded and any current or future correspondence attempts related to the message be ignored.

For more information about Online Fraud, we do offer a Fraud Page for Jobseekers:

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Info/Fraud.aspx

Thank you.

CareerBuilder’s Trust and Site Security Team
@CBSiteSecurity